Author Topic: WWE HOF inducts its newest members  (Read 94 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
WWE HOF inducts its newest members
« on: March 13, 2004, 11:54:54 PM »
WWE HOF inducts its newest members
TSN.ca Staff
3/13/2004

NEW YORK - World Wrestling Entertainment welcomed its former greats into immortality on Saturday as former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Sgt. Slaughter, Superstar Billy Graham, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Harley Race, Junkyard Dog and Big John Studd were inducted as the newest members of the WWE Hall of Fame.

Baseball great Pete Rose was the first-ever special celebrity inductee into the Hall of Fame for his memorable appearances at WrestleMania XIV, WrestleMania XV, and WrestleMania 2000.

His special plaque was presented by Glen 'Kane' Jacobs, who dropped the monster character for a night to pay tribute to baseball's all-time hits leader.

"I remember when Pete tried to take me out with a baseball bat one year and I ended up tombstoning him," said Jacobs. "Then he signed that bat for me backstage...that exemplifies what Pete (Rose) means to our business.

Jacobs also read out his impressive career statistics aloud, only to make a startling discovery.

"These notes are for the wrong Hall of Fame induction," he joked.

Rose accepted the award from Jacobs, and didn't hesitate to get his own shot in. "I didn't know Kane was that ugly," remarked the former baseball great. Rose also made a little shot at Rikishi, who was among the dozens of current WWE superstars who attended the special black tie ceremony at the New York Hilton..

"Are you still using that cheap ass Aqua Velvet on your ass?," he asked. Rose took a faceful of Rikishi's posterior at WrestleMania 2000.

WWE Superstars previously inducted into the Hall of Fame include Andre the Giant, "Classy" Freddie Blassie, George "The Animal" Steele, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Captain Lou Albano, The Fabulous Moolah, Bobo Brazil, James Dudley, "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, "Golden Boy" Arnold Skaaland, Gorilla Monsoon, Chief Jay Strongbow, The Grand Wizard, Pedro Morales, Ivan Putski, "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd, Antonino Rocca, "Baron" Mikel Scicluna, Pat Patterson, Johnny Rodz, Vincent J. McMahon, Walter "Killer" Kowalski, and The Valiant Brothers (Handsome Jimmy & Luscious Johnny).