Author Topic: who in heres from the old school  (Read 381 times)

kosta

Re:who in heres from the old school
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 07:44:22 AM »
'75 whuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt!!!  lol
06/05/71     Bow Down Bitch!! ;D

old geezers lol

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 08:14:31 AM »
 :P

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »
'76

Hatesrats 2oooIV

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2004, 02:53:43 PM »
'81
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

pinche juan

• 'G'
  • what more can i say
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 09:48:04 PM »
Born in 78. Definitly old school for this board.

one for me too

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 10:09:52 PM »

So not really.

'85 up in this bitch, holla at'cha boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 8)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 08:15:19 PM »
'75 whuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt!!!  lol

Same for me
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Doggystylin

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 08:21:48 PM »
86 and god damn your avatar is disgusting^

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 08:31:26 PM »
87 baby gangsta

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »
Imo all this talk of when you were born...it dont matter

...you could be born in 88 n listen to snoop doggystyle when it came out...it aint bout when you were delivered....its about when you chose to listen

pZ

Doggystylin

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 08:44:34 AM »

...you could be born in 88 n listen to snoop doggystyle when it came out...it aint bout when you were delivered....its about when you chose to listen

pZ

naw i disagree, there are just some things you cant go through or some feelings you cant feel or understand at a certain age, you definitley wouldnt be out partying and listening to doggystyle in the early 90s if you were born in the late 80s

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 09:00:31 AM »
I was born in 1986.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 12:53:54 PM »

pZ

naw i disagree, there are just some things you cant go through or some feelings you cant feel or understand at a certain age, you definitley wouldnt be out partying and listening to doggystyle in the early 90s if you were born in the late 80s

Exactly.  if you were born in 88, that means you would be 5 or 6 years old listening to doggystyle when it first dropped.  I highly doubt in the first place many parents would let their kids listen to that album that young, and besides that you probably wouldn't understand a goddamn thing about it.  I was 14 when doggystyle dropped, and I never listened to it till I was 15, and even at that age there was things I didn't even understand about it.  its funny how you look back at what you used to think things in rap songs meant.  Like that one skee-lo song I Wish, had a line in the chorus that went I wish I was a baller.  I literally thought the guy was talkin bout wishin he was a dope ass basketball player, lol.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 01:25:41 PM »

pZ

Well we differ then ;)

i can remember clearly music and events when i was around 6 ...definaly when i was eight (around the time i first listened to hiphop...of course you wont automatically understand any intricacies or hidden depths involved...but people dont always understand the deep seated messages in some films etc at first go..they are more interested in the plot matter on first viewing...but after many the complexities become apparent...that is whats beautiful about some artists...

....now the hiphop i listened to prompted me to learn about certain times in history...the roots (the programme) was on tv as a series when i was a child...it still haunts me to this day..so powerful...i read all i could on people such as Marcus Garvey, Harriet Tubbman, Malcom X, Martin Luthor King, Jessie Jackson...i can go on for hours...

...we heard groups like BDP, Public Enemy that made us listen and want to learn...

now not everyone wants to ...or will do this...but ya cant label everyone with the same tag bro...

...but we hear to appreciate the music at the end of the day....if someone wants to listen to a hiphop record and just enjoy the sound / the feel then so be it...everyone wins...

...doesnt mean they cant be down with the music....and as we all know not all hiphop is intelligent...some is purely for the pleasure

peace