Author Topic: Lloyd Banks and Young Buck Album News  (Read 267 times)

jerrod

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Lloyd Banks and Young Buck Album News
« on: March 17, 2004, 07:58:18 AM »
People should be happy to know that Smile will not be the first single for Banks album it wil be the last single from Beg for Mercy.

Already buoyed by the success of last year's collective Beg for Mercy album, the G-Unit plan to spin off solo releases from Lloyd Banks and Young Buck before the summer kicks into high gear.

Lloyd Banks will be first up with Hunger for More, due May 25. To set up the release, G-Unit will tease listeners with "Smile," the last single from Beg for Mercy, which features Banks rapping solo. That will be followed by a first single from Hunger for More. Though nothing has been decided yet, Banks said he likes a song called "On Fire," produced by Eminem.

"Eminem is crazy," Banks said recently. "I do a record and leave it with him, and then when I get the record back it sounds like he sat down with it for a month. You already see the video before it was shot just by hearing the music and the sound effects he puts in. He's a genius."

Meanwhile, Banks' counterpart Young Buck is also working on a solo album, Straight Outta Cashville, due in June. "Just like Straight Outta Compton," Young Buck explained, "but for y'all that don't know what Cashville is, it's short for Nashville."

Young Buck said despite being strongly tied to New York's 50 Cent, he had to represent his hometown and add a little Southern flavor to his first album. In addition to getting his G-Unit brethren as guests, he also recruited a cadre of Dirty South MCs like Lil' Flip, David Banner and T.I.

"I'm from the Dirty Dirty, so I kinda brought a few Southern artists into the picture," Young Buck explained. "We in the kitchen cooking. It's extra, extra, extra well done."

Young Buck also warned that the G-Unit hit parade will continue beyond him and Banks. The crew's newest member, Game, who hails from Compton, California, has an album due this summer. And soon they'll all welcome back Tony Yayo, who's scheduled to be released from prison next month ("Tony Yayo Pleads Guilty To Passport Fraud").

"Yayo's a good dude," Buck said. "In the beginning, a lot of people probably looked at me as someone who just came in because of his situation. But I was already here. So we touched bases for a minute, and him being away is like having a brother gone."

Source www.mtv.com/news

West C. Connected

Re:Lloyd Banks and Young Buck Album News
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 08:12:54 AM »

"Just like Straight Outta Compton," Young Buck explained, "but for y'all that don't know what Cashville is, it's short for Nashville."

That does NOT make sense.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 11:25:25 AM »
haha me coppin banks cd will depend on 1st single and production team..........he aiight but imo he lacks alot apart from sick sick metaphors he cant do story telllin and he dont say shit that sticks in headz................but if he steps up from the wack shit he spit on beg for mercy imma cop it...........

def lookin forward to bucks joint...........he got mo about him from what i heard on beg for mercy.......i'll cop that fo sho............

but still outta the westcoast, jada's album is the most anticipated no doubt.........

and whether u like dem g-unit niggaz or not.........u cant deny they be crazy, man an least they keep releasin bare shit unlike nuff labels

banks, buk, hopefully game and 50 befo end of year, thats impressive............if it happens

peace

peace

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 11:27:36 AM »
...me coppin banks cd will depend on 1st single...

Okay, then you don't have to cop it :D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 12:10:13 PM »
if eminem spits a verse on the first banks single, he will be set... ill cop his cd, just hope it wont be R&B

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 12:55:06 PM »
man aint nobody but banks should be spittin on his first single........its his first single.......if he does get eminem to spit on it jus for sales on his first ever single, homies a clown..........but i bet it wont happen.........eminem producin his 1st record if its official that fire is gon be first single is aiight, no problems with that aslong as its dope....but anyone else spittin on it would be weak.......unless its only hook i guess

peace

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 01:11:24 PM »
^^ Why you guys discussin' how the first Banks single should be, isn't "Smile" supposed to be the first one ??? He already shot a video, look at the other threads. I'm confused... :-\

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 03:16:43 PM »
I can't wait for Banks album...As much as I dislike the other members I'm gonna cop their albums...I haven't heard too much stuff from The Game yet so I dont know what  to think about him yet...

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:22:30 PM »
^^ Why you guys discussin' how the first Banks single should be, isn't "Smile" supposed to be the first one ??? He already shot a video, look at the other threads. I'm confused... :-\

lol..you even read the post?

"People should be happy to know that Smile will not be the first single for Banks album it wil be the last single from Beg for Mercy."

Great to hear about bucks and banks album. Im buyin this album fo sure.

Tha Crip

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 07:35:12 PM »
fuck the g unit haters....im coppin there shyt for sure.....WELCOME TO CASHVILLE mah niggas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"