Author Topic: How many "men" in here can use tools?  (Read 439 times)

Suga Foot

Re:How many "men" in here can use tools?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 05:03:35 PM »
Yeah I used to do vacuum molding and injection molding for a medical company. It sucked..The fumes at the shop gave me a constant head ache. The Freecoat shit you spray on the molds is some nasty shit. I was gettin colds like every week ,constant headaches. The weird shit is that I hardly ever even get a cold until i worked there.Now that I've quit that place , I havent been sick. I'm just warnin ya u workin with some nasty shit and you bound to have cancer comin out a play like that. lol

I was using Tetrahydrofuran for about a month.  It is fuckin sick.  I had headaches like a mutha.

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 05:26:32 PM »
You've obviously never seen Home Improvement, lol.  I siad you'd be lost because of your initial explanation of how to use a drill.  It showed me that you don't have much knowledge in tools.  I was just showing you that there's more to it.  And no, you don't know the same shit I do.  You have no idea who I am or what I can do.

No, you still don't get the point, dumbass.  The point is, it doesn't make you a man to say you can use tools.  Anybody can use tools, it's pretty fucking simple.  *IF* you think using tools is a great accomplishment, lemme tell ya, YOU HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED MUCH.  I restore cars and pinball machines for a hobby.  That should tell you all you need to know, but I dont' think that makes me special or a 'man' like you put in your title.  It just makes me normal.  Anybody can do that, if you can't, you're a pussy.  Nothing to brag about.  

Suga Foot

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2004, 06:06:59 PM »
Calm down Trauma, I think you need a beer.  I never said anyone wasn't a man if they couldn't use tools.  It's just a stereotype.  You seem overly touchy.  Don't try to shit on me for things you misinterpret.  

You've obviously never seen Home Improvement, lol.

That show was all about men and tools.  I was just using it for reference.  I have no desire to dis people on the internet.  I never really have.  I don't need to.  I don't need to call you a dumbass either if you don't understand what I'm saying.

Let me break down my first post for you:

Seems a lot of people nowadays can't use simple hand tools let alone power tools and machines.

A lot of people I know can't use tools.  Sure they could drill a hole, but they wouldn't know what to do with a spoke shave.  It seems people are going into computers and things of that nature rather than getting trades.  

I can pretty much use any tool you give me.  I've worked with Metal (Aluminum, Steel, Cast Iron), Wood, Plastic (Acrylics, ABS, Styrene), and Fiberglass.

I can use a lot of tools.  Sorry if you took this as bragging.  I'm sure you can play a lot of pinball games.  It's what you know.

What aboot y'all?

Here I'm asking about other people and what they do with tools, what tools they have/use.

I wasn't being negative at all in this thread.  You may have thought I was, but to me, it looks like you're the only one.  Other people understood what I was asking, and didn't have a problem with it.  The only people that may have been offended were the girls in this forum, so I'm sorry to them.

I don't want to have to explain all my threads to you, so read carefully from now on please.

Suga Foot

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 06:11:24 PM »
This would have been a good initial reply for you:

I restore cars and pinball machines for a hobby.  

Then I could have asked, "What do you do with the cars?  is it strictly engine work?  do you do body work?  What about the interiors?  I tried to restore my first car, I spent about 6 months re-doing the interior.  Then we found out the frame was cracked, so we had to scrap the whole car."

we could have had a nice little conversation going, but you fucked that up.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2004, 12:49:10 PM »
I've never really had much proper training or used industry level tools, but i have helped to knock down the remains of a burnt down house, help build a new one, build a new bathroom (new sink, shower, tiles, and general decorating), made a shed from scratch using planks of wood (and i managed to put in a window). My Dad used to get me to help around the house when he was doing work on it and thats where i learnt most of what i know, the rest has been trial and error. For my 21st birthday i was given a set of tools from my parents, my favourite tools are the hammer and saw my Grandad made about 50-60 years ago which my Dad gave to me a few years ago. I'm pretty good at doing 'botch' jobs too.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2004, 09:06:18 PM »
only thing ive ever used tools for was to make boxes for subwoofers. And you cant jsut drill holes in MDF cause it splits the wood like a bitch. Im not a natural at working with my hands so when i use tools it usually comes with an enormous ammount of patience.

http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=394547

Those are the boxes i have made so far. The first one sucked ass. The second one is close to perfect.