Author Topic: Movie Box Office Records of All-Time (Adjusted For Inflation)  (Read 193 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

Trauma-san

Re: Movie Box Office Records of All-Time (Adjusted For Inflation)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 09:11:25 PM »
but yet they've been re-released to theatres, whereas titanic only was in the theatres once, and is still close.  If they re-released Titanic to theatres, it would steamroll over both movies. 

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 09:19:18 PM »
If they re-released Titanic to theatres, it would steamroll over both movies. 

if they were to re-release it at this very moment, it wouldnt do well at all for obvious reasons

but that is a good point u made. i think many years down the road, if they were to do that then it mite do well

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »
I think every girl I knew saw Titanic twice or three times.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 09:44:12 PM »
but yet they've been re-released to theatres, whereas titanic only was in the theatres once, and is still close.  If they re-released Titanic to theatres, it would steamroll over both movies. 

You also have to take into account the number of theatres added since '77 and '97. The bulk of Star Wars sales came way back when, not during the re- release. Besides, I don't think Titanic would so well on a re-release. Star Wars became a phenomenon since it's release. It's bigger now than it was in '77. Titanic is nothing today. DiCaprio is nothing, and he was the main reason people went. So you can say that Hammil is nothing now, but he was never that big, and he was not the reason people went to see it. When it's all said an done, Star Wars will be bigger than Titanic,

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »
^ Why must you disagree with every single thing I say?  It's like you track down my posts, and then reply the opposite of whatever I decided my opinion was.  Am I truly wrong about *EVERYTHING? I doubt it. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 10:14:19 PM »
^ Why must you disagree with every single thing I say?  It's like you track down my posts, and then reply the opposite of whatever I decided my opinion was.  Am I truly wrong about *EVERYTHING? I doubt it. 

Give me a break. You said something I disagreed with and I saw others looking at it that way, so I decided to give another perspective. I wasn't so much responding to you as much as I was all those that take into a account the possibility or a Titanic re-release. The fact is that there are a lot more theaters now. Look at the list and see how many movies weren't that popular but made a lot of money, and they're all from the last 8 years.

I do not disagree with everything you say, and I do not follow you around. I do agree with a lot of what you say and you know it, you just don't seem to acknowledge it. Our views on country music, Nas, the Beatles, Hendrix, Elvis, and even Wilson (I just don't think he's Jesus) are very similar. We just happen to disagree on Springsteen, how great MJ really was, a republican America, and how much of an impact Nintendo will have on the video game market in the longterm. To be honest I think we agree on more than we disagree. It just so happens that the things we disagree about come up more than the things we do agree on. I just don't go to the extremes that you do.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 04:04:14 AM »
thanks for the link man.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 09:28:56 AM »
home alone 2 beat harry potter?

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »
star wars got re-released twice i still cant see why people think it was the box office king

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 10:26:39 AM »
star wars got re-released twice i still cant see why people think it was the box office king

That's what makes it the king. The fact that it has such a demand to be re-released. Movies get pulled from theatres because they don't make money in them anymore. Star Wars was so big that it was brought back twice and still made good revenue. I'm not even a big fan, but I know a phenomenon when I see it. Most movies wouldn't be able to do that, because they wouldn't make much money at the box office. If Jurassic Park was re'releaed my bet would be complete indifference by the people. Star Wars became so big in the following decades before the re-release, Jurassic Rark has faded away after two terrible follow ups.