Author Topic: JBX is here  (Read 99 times)

JTSimon

JBX is here
« on: March 27, 2004, 08:08:18 AM »

Code: [Select]
Hillcrest Jack In The Box Receives Makeover
Fast-Food Chain Experiments With Upscale Crowd

HILLCREST, Calif. -- The Jack In The Box fast-food restaurant in the 800 block of University in Hillcrest has received a makeover.

It's got dining by the fire, colorful walls, fancy lights, a hardwood floor and, of course, a clown.

"This doesn't look like a Jack In The Box," one patron said. "It looks more like a Starbucks."

The reason for the makeover is an upscale experiment by the folks at the San Diego-based chain. It includes a brand new menu featuring gourmet burgers, premium sandwiches and deserts, and a renewed commitment to guest service, said Jack In The Box spokesperson Eric Tunquist.

"It's cool," another patron said. "It's kind of a Euro thing. They got a little something going on here."

At the store in Hillcrest, food is delivered to the table, and instead of Jumbo Jacks, there is a menu of chicken avocado club sandwiches and applewood bacon burgers.

"It's been open about a week," Tunquist said. "We have a second one opening in Pacific Beach in the next couple of weeks, and we'll have those two for our tests for now."

While Jack In The Box is going for the upscale crowd, the chain couldn't give up one convenience: the drive-up window.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2954531/detail.html

The food looked good on tv.

Also like the new name JBX  ;D

MANBEARPIG.

Re:JBX is here
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »
Leave it to the gay community in daygo to be all fancy an shit, they need to open one over here in the hood, southeast! 8)

haha JBX I hope they have that .99 menu, I needs my tacos!! >:(

-KIDRENEGADE-