Author Topic: when is war justified?  (Read 240 times)

GoodLuvn169

when is war justified?
« on: March 28, 2004, 04:10:20 PM »
i will remain indifferent on this subject for now.  but i want to know what poeple think about war.  do we attack if we see a threat brewing, or do we wait until we have been struck... thoughts?

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
Re:when is war justified?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 04:43:13 PM »
I think it depends on how we interpret "brewing". This time around we thought Iraq had WMD and thought that there could potentially be a threat. Of course, there was no WMD and we admited we fucked up(or at least the ones that could swallow their pride) , but in most cases a problem should be taken care of before it gets out of hand. It also depends on who you let take care of the problem; with our current government it seems like we want to kill anybody who has the potential to sneak more than a rifle around their country without our knowing, so we have been a little overly gung-ho lately. However, yes war can be justified if there is actual proof without a shadow of a doubt that there will be a problem if a threat isn't neutralized.
aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 09:08:31 AM »
war is justified if an other country attacked you or has annouced war on you or your allies, USA in afghanistan and iraq was absolutely unjustified and if  there was something like hell which isnt, the neocons would definitly go there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

smerlus

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 10:03:55 AM »
war is justified if an other country attacked you or has annouced war on you or your allies, USA in afghanistan and iraq was absolutely unjustified and if  there was something like hell which isnt, the neocons would definitly go there.

ummmm afghanistan didn't attack us but were housing a major training facility of the ones responsible for the 9/11 attacks soooo that was justified

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 11:09:14 AM »

ummmm afghanistan didn't attack us but were housing a major training facility of the ones responsible for the 9/11 attacks soooo that was justified

I know the circumstances, but if some crazy dudes in columbine would have attacked china or somethin lol, would it be right for China to bomb the  trash out of  the US? doubt it. also, if the perpretraitors of 9/11 would be citizens of a more so-called civilized country like e.g. England, France or Germany, you cant tell me they wouldve bombed this country lol.
No, it's not a sin

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »

I know the circumstances, but if some crazy dudes in columbine would have attacked china or somethin lol, would it be right for China to bomb the  trash out of  the US? doubt it. also, if the perpretraitors of 9/11 would be citizens of a more so-called civilized country like e.g. England, France or Germany, you cant tell me they wouldve bombed this country lol.

columbine children (still wondering the validity of such a comparison??!!) don't have a big influence on our government plus our government would gladly hand them over if there was a group in the US making terrorists attacks on other countries... a so called civilized country would also hand over such criminals....  we attacked afghanistan because they would not cooperate with us and let us bring the terrorists to justice

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 02:32:17 PM »
a country is not supposed to give their citizens to another country when they did a crime.
for example, if a mexican has 200 kilos of cocaine in his trunks, gets chased by american police in californ-i-a, they cant do shit to him as soon as he is over the border... and the mexican government wont force him back to american where he has to go to jail.
of course you cant compare a drug dilla to an organisation that is responsible for such sick terrorism. but that aint the point. point is, ppl are brought to justice in their own country, not in the country in which they did the crime.
I agree to some degree that it was a bitch-move of afghanistan tho, but I assume they had no other chance. Of course the war is more justified than the war in iraq, even tho I wont call it justified either.
but hey, we're still alive. that's the only good (or bad?!) news in these times.
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 03:05:44 PM »
you cant always wait to get atacked to go to war... (im not justifing america, im jsut saying)...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 04:01:34 PM »
The US definetly had a right to go into Afghanistan but I don't believe they were justified with Iraq. Afganis did attack them first, after all.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 05:59:04 PM »
mexico is one of the few countries that do not turn over criminals. when that kid spray painted all that shit in singapore...the US handed him over to singapore authorities.... when the military commits crimes over seas, not only are they tried by the host country but also the US justice system....

in fact there was a guy that was 7 years older than me that went to my high school....he beat his mom to death with a bat, got away with it, the proceded to commit violent crimes such as rape...when the cops were closing in on him, he made it look like he commited suicide by going over the falls

5 years later, it turns out he ended going to college in Canada under a fake name and got caught raping and beating a girl. canada is trying him for the rape and assault charge, and when he's done with that, they are handing him over to get tried over here....

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 05:04:56 AM »
The US definetly had a right to go into Afghanistan but I don't believe they were justified with Iraq. Afganis did attack them first, after all.

That's not nessacarily true.  Afganistan was no doubt a victim of the Cold War.  America and Russia competed heavily for Afganistan and the poor Afgans were the victims of American and Soviet imperialism.  

Also it wasn't simply an Afgan issue.  The Afgans were angered over America's support of Isreal in the oppression of the Palestinians, America's military presence in 100 countries throughout the world, and it's decade long sanctions that killed thousands of children in Iraq.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 06:02:56 AM »

That's not nessacarily true.  Afganistan was no doubt a victim of the Cold War.  America and Russia competed heavily for Afganistan and the poor Afgans were the victims of American and Soviet imperialism.  

Also it wasn't simply an Afgan issue.  The Afgans were angered over America's support of Isreal in the oppression of the Palestinians, America's military presence in 100 countries throughout the world, and it's decade long sanctions that killed thousands of children in Iraq.

You make good points, but  even though it was brought on by themselves, it's not like the US could just lay back and pretend it didn't happen. The US would not have too many problems, realistically, if it just minded it's own business and quit intervening with other countries.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 06:20:03 AM »
And everyone should know that all a pilot has to do is press a 4 digit code to alert ground control if a plane is going to be hijacked, how come magically none of the pilots of any of the 4 planes could pull off the task of typing in a 4 digit code on their side panel?  Ya'll have been took.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:21:19 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »
And everyone should know that all a pilot has to do is press a 4 digit code to alert ground control if a plane is going to be hijacked, how come magically none of the pilots of any of the 4 planes could pull off the task of typing in a 4 digit code on their side panel?  Ya'll have been took.

I didn't know that, interesting info.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »

LOL!

You really think that you're smarter than all of the investigators, scientists, engineers, pilots, etc that investigated the 9/11 events?

You can't even spell, how are you gonna crack an “conspiracy” that nobody else has from the seat of your computer?

MORON!