Author Topic: I just thought I'd share my great news with everyone...  (Read 552 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
I just thought I'd share my great news with everyone...
« on: March 31, 2004, 11:31:31 AM »
I got accepted into College today, I'll be going this September.

Everyone share something great that happened to them recently, this forum could use some positivity.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

Re:I just thought I'd share my great news with everyone...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 11:34:04 AM »
i have a job interview today

btw congrats
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 11:34:38 AM by I Poke Badgers With Spoons »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »

btw congrats

Thanks, you too. Where's the interview at?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 11:40:32 AM »
Cool Lincoin! ;)

So what college? ???

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 11:40:41 AM »
Nice! What college is it?

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 11:40:41 AM »

btw congrats

its at a mall nearby....im interviewing for a position as a salesman with T-Mobile (very large cell phone company for those that don't know)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 11:46:22 AM »
Nice! What college is it?

Niagara College, in St. Catharines. (About 10 minutes from US border).

web.niagarac.on.ca/

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 11:47:41 AM »

btw congrats

its at a mall nearby....im interviewing for a position as a salesman with T-Mobile (very large cell phone company for those that don't know)

That's good, seems like you're really into salesmanship of electronics. My Dad's buddy is doing that and he makes good money.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 11:49:48 AM »

btw congrats

That's good, seems like you're really into salesmanship of electronics. My Dad's buddy is doing that and he makes good money.

yeah i made pretty good money when i worked at radio shack but most of the money i made came from selling cell phones...so i figured hey why not go work for an actual cell phone company.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 11:52:49 AM »

btw congrats

yeah i made pretty good money when i worked at radio shack but most of the money i made came from selling cell phones...so i figured hey why not go work for an actual cell phone company.

I know what you mean. I want to go into business, and I realized focusing on a specific area (Hospitality) was the best way to go. No need to try and do all the extra bullshit if you just want to focus on one thing.

Paris

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 11:56:50 AM »

Good to hear. I got accepted in University yesterday, and Ill be going in late October
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 11:57:21 AM »

btw congrats

I know what you mean. I want to go into business, and I realized focusing on a specific area (Hospitality) was the best way to go. No need to try and do all the extra bullshit if you just want to focus on one thing.

exactly...stick to what your good at.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 11:59:14 AM »

Good to hear. I got accepted in University yesterday, and Ill be going in late October

That's good man, I wish I could go to University, but I don't have the marks and even if I did I doubt my family could afford it. We're fine off, but University is a lot of money.

Paris

JTSimon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 12:01:34 PM »
Congrads Lincoln  ;)

I don't have classes today because of Cesar Chavez Day  ;D hahaha like I care woooo hooooo.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 12:03:35 PM »
Congrads Lincoln  ;)

I don't have classes today because of Cesar Chavez Day  ;D hahaha like I care woooo hooooo.

Thanks. I wish we had that day here, we don't honor him enough IMO.

Paris