Author Topic: New Album From Xzibit  (Read 2006 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:New Album From Xzibit
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2004, 07:25:04 AM »
^not for the commercial market sadly, restess was more for the pop music listners than rap fans, but yeah i agree in my opinion MvM was much better.   Cant Wait For WoMD  ;D
Pop?No,u got it all wrong,of course this was more commercial than his earlier stuff but on this album he represented the westcoast to the fullest,this was a typical westcoast album.IMO MVM cant fuck wit Restless or wit any of his earlier albums.

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2004, 11:27:57 AM »
nah sorry, y'all missunderstood, when i say pop i meant popular, as in hella commercial & made music for the masses. Anything advertised with dre on it from the westcoast the majority of hip-hop fans people will buy it.

i fosure aint hatin on restless, but for me, the much more underground traxx and beats with slight imperfections are the best, afta all we are only human, and dre trys too hard sometimes.

i know for a fact in 02' he did at least 3 tracks for x, and only one (Black Rabbit) seen light of day, and i dont think he wanted his name on it.

i hope xzibit chooses to have only a few commercial traxx for the new album, theres too much clearence stuff when he takes from dre cuz of the different label, but whateva happens, x always makes a classic in my view.

-peace yall-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2004, 05:46:05 AM »
Dre produced Black Rabbit?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2004, 09:20:30 AM »
How are tracks like "Rimz & Tirez", "Front 2 Back", "Been A Long Time", "Loud & Clear" or "Sorry I'm Away So Much" hella commercial?? I agree it was different from his previous albums but I wouldnt call it music for the masses
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2004, 11:34:27 AM »

Yes, aswell as two other xzibit songs around the same time:
Xzibit f. Dr. Dre - Take Your Stripes
Xzibit f. Tray Deee & Ms. Rog - Take Me There

well, front 2 back & sorry i'm away so much have commercial type production, but i know the whole album aint (Kenny Parker Show), but there is executivly produced by dre & has his signature all over it. I LOVE the restless album, but i'm saying it's more beats than lyrics, and was done just after all the tours & partys X was on, so that shows in the lyrics aswell, it aint so much about life, than about partys & fun (not all), but you know what i mean.

Restless was x's most commercial album yest, and i'm 100% sure it did what he wanted, got his name further out there & got heard by ALOT of people.

-peace-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2004, 12:18:43 PM »

well, front 2 back & sorry i'm away so much have commercial type production, but i know the whole album aint (Kenny Parker Show), but there is executivly produced by dre & has his signature all over it. I LOVE the restless album, but i'm saying it's more beats than lyrics, and was done just after all the tours & partys X was on, so that shows in the lyrics aswell, it aint so much about life, than about partys & fun (not all), but you know what i mean.

Restless was x's most commercial album yest, and i'm 100% sure it did what he wanted, got his name further out there & got heard by ALOT of people.

-peace-

:o I assume u havent got those songs,but where did u get that info from?

Jome

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2004, 05:54:21 PM »

The almighty Dr.Dre C.V. (resume) my friend:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=30148

Peep the bottom, where you find "X"..

G Lipz

• Lil Geezy
  • Gangsta
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2004, 06:28:45 PM »
And does anybody have "Ride And Smoke" in mp3 or RealMedia/Audio???   Much appreaciated

Aim: LilSmokesta187

G Lipz

• Lil Geezy
  • Gangsta
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2004, 06:31:01 PM »
I hope its something like this...

01 - Eminem
02 - D.J. Khalil
feat. Krondon
03 - D.J. Muggs
04 - Eminem
feat. Eminem
05 - Dr. Dre
feat. Nate Dogg
06 - Rockwielder
07 - Ride And Smoke
08 - Rockwielder
feat. Methodman, Redman
09 - D.J. Premier
10 - D.J. Khalil
11 - Sir Jinx
feat. Ice Cube
12 - D.J. Premier
13 - Black Rabbit
14 - D.J. Muggs
15 - D.J. Muggs
16 - D.J. Khalil
17 - Eminem
18 - D.J. Khalil
19 - Rockweilder
feat. Lil' Flip
20 - Sir Jinx

just a lil idea  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2004, 10:56:03 PM »

The almighty Dr.Dre C.V. (resume) my friend:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=30148

Peep the bottom, where you find "X"..

thx

hector

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2004, 11:10:09 PM »
Ride & Smoke IS the new X single, which i was kinda disapointed with, coz it's been floating around mixtapes for a while, but the single is out in may which is nice, coz ya know theres gonna be a b side or a new remix soon, and i think they gonna shoot a new video...

watch the street version of ride & smoke here, and browse the rest of my website, cuz ya know i bring ya all the latest X & SAS News!

Info i got on the album:
It's a mainstream introduction to strong arm steady, so it's gonna have alot of mitchy, kron & phil.
Production is hott, jelly roll, battlecat, kalli, hi-tek +mow.
And it is suposed to come out in JUNE!
The SteadyGang album is meant for before 2005 also, and then kron & phil have there albums planed for the first quarter of 2005, and mitchy has a near complete album, but he doent know when it's coming out! it's called urban survival syndrome.

-peace-

Wow, I hope this is true.  I think the single is aight, but I expect better from X for a single.  Everything else sounds dope tho.

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2004, 05:52:54 AM »

-peace-

No, the songs are unreleased as yet but another dre & X tune is always welcome by me, i like dre's flow even if he cant write, but yeah - it was a Dr.Dre C.V. quite like that post, i cant remember the website sadly.

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2004, 05:56:11 AM »
Ride & Smoke IS the new X single, which i was kinda disapointed with, coz it's been floating around mixtapes for a while, but the single is out in may which is nice, coz ya know theres gonna be a b side or a new remix soon, and i think they gonna shoot a new video...

watch the street version of ride & smoke here, and browse the rest of my website, cuz ya know i bring ya all the latest X & SAS News!

Info i got on the album:
It's a mainstream introduction to strong arm steady, so it's gonna have alot of mitchy, kron & phil.
Production is hott, jelly roll, battlecat, kalli, hi-tek +mow.
And it is suposed to come out in JUNE!
The SteadyGang album is meant for before 2005 also, and then kron & phil have there albums planed for the first quarter of 2005, and mitchy has a near complete album, but he doent know when it's coming out! it's called urban survival syndrome.

-peace-

Wow, I hope this is true.  I think the single is aight, but I expect better from X for a single.  Everything else sounds dope tho.

yeah homie, i got it from the gang's manager, and i feel ya with the ride & smoke not being a typical singe ya hear today, but the shiit grows on you.

Good thing about that is, if ya like somethin the first time ya hear it, and it gets over played, ya end up hatin it hah hah, so hopefully this song will be over played & mutha fukkers will start luvin it  ;D

-peace-

Jome

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2004, 08:56:59 PM »
it was a Dr.Dre C.V. quite like that post, i cant remember the website sadly.

Mine is the O.G.
I have seen 4 rip-offs.. there's probably a lot more.
This one is getting updated, not the other ones.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:58:40 PM by Jome »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2004, 06:26:03 AM »
Scram Jones (meant to be a dope up and coming producer, i've never heard of him though)  is meant to be producing at least one cut on WoMD according to HipHopSite.com
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...