Author Topic: need some serious help regarding electricity,circuits, sparks, ...  (Read 150 times)

We Fly High

dude i dont know what the fuck i was thinkin today..i went into the bathroom today.. and like i saw there were a few ants around, i was like wtf.. and i saw them coming out of a little opening in the light switch cover.. so i unscrewed the cover.. and just started spraying the insides with hella 409 to kill the ants.. and i didnt even turn off the light switches or anything.. so that shit started fizzling and started crazy sparkin, i thought my place was gonna burn down, i was trippin hard.. and it kept sparkin for a few minutes on and off.. until i realized that i should turn off the circuits.... and now im not sure what i should do... i tried flippin the switch on to turn the circuit back on, but the second i did that i heard a loud pop and just turned the circuit back off.. i dont know what i should do... im just wait till tomorrow morning i guess to see.. this fucking wack.. anyone know what i should do?

smerlus

Re:need some serious help regarding electricity,circuits, sparks, ...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 12:56:57 AM »
well if the wires didn't get damaged, you just have to wait until it's dry and depending on your house, replace the fuse or turn the breaker back on...

if that doesn't work, you probably fucked the wires up by melthing the covering on them.....in that case you might have to some digging and splicing in your wall

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 08:05:29 AM »
that was a dumb idea in the first place..U might hafta replace the wiring in the wall or the switch because the water keeps making a short..Water all in the switch touching the contacts aint good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 12:01:59 PM »
Do you stick forks in outlets?

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 12:14:10 PM »
yeah i admit, it was prob the stupidest thing anyones ever done in awhile.. i just wasnt thinkin, and was trying to get rid of the ants..

haha you know you can stick the gum wrapper into the outlets, and it'll crazy spark too.. i used to do that as a kid.. just take the foil wrapper fold it into like a U shape.. slowly and carefully push it into a outlet and sparks will start flyin.. haha. i did it at my dirving school place,  and it straight short circuited the place (not sure if thats the right term) , but all the lights on one floor went out..

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 02:44:28 PM »
The reason there were sparks was because the two wires were connected with no resistance by the water.  Just dry it off, (turn the breaker off first)... and then turn the breaker back on, and see if the switch works.  If it still works, you won't have any problems.  If you have serious problems, it'll kick the breaker, so it's not really too big of a deal.  If you have to replace the switch, you can get them at Lowes or Home Depot for less than a dollar.  Turn off the breaker, disconnect the wires with a screwdriver, put them on the new switch, turn the breaker back on, turn the switch on.  Simple as that.  

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 05:10:39 PM »
i took electricity and theory for 4 years..I could wire a fuckin airport.

bez

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 05:16:17 PM »
i took electricity and theory for 4 years..I could wire a fuckin airport.

I will call you when I'm about to plan my "Ocean's 11" style robbery of Las Vegas. lol

bez

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 05:17:38 PM »
yeah i admit, it was prob the stupidest thing anyones ever done in awhile.. i just wasnt thinkin, and was trying to get rid of the ants..

haha you know you can stick the gum wrapper into the outlets, and it'll crazy spark too.. i used to do that as a kid.. just take the foil wrapper fold it into like a U shape.. slowly and carefully push it into a outlet and sparks will start flyin.. haha. i did it at my dirving school place,  and it straight short circuited the place (not sure if thats the right term) , but all the lights on one floor went out..

LOLOLOLOLOL

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 05:35:06 PM »
lmao