Author Topic: I got my first speeding ticket  (Read 1904 times)

Jome

Re:I got my first speeding ticket
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2004, 01:13:44 AM »
LOL, why should drug dealers be put in jail when there are murders, rapists, family abusers out walking the streets?  Drug dealers are the least of our concern, especially since the lock up of them doesn't prevent drugs from comming here.

Yeah, but you can make a lot of cash infesting whole neighboorhoods with crack/cocaine/heroine, and the police is just watching, pretending to not see it.

At the same time, the same policemen are out on the streets giving tickets to people who spits on the pavement, throws trash, drinks alcohol in public (like there's a big chance somebody could die of a overdose of that), people barely crossing the speed limit, talking in cell phones while driving, people who forget something on their tax report, people downloading music/movies etc. lots of other examples.
Who'd you rather catch.. the drugdealer, or the the ones above.. ?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 01:15:26 AM by Jome Is Certain »

Don Breezio

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2004, 01:19:59 AM »
Yeah, but you can make a lot of cash infesting whole neighboorhoods with crack/cocaine/heroine, and the police is just watching, pretending to not see it.

At the same time, the same policemen are out on the streets giving tickets to people who spits on the pavement, throws trash, drinks alcohol in public (like there's a big chance somebody could die of a overdose of that), people barely crossing the speed limit, talking in cell phones while driving, people who forget something on their tax report, people downloading music/movies etc. lots of other examples.
Who'd you rather catch.. the drugdealer, or the the ones above.. ?

i've never seen someone get a ticket for spitting on the pavement or littering...drinking in public is not a crime but being drunk and disorderly is...meaning if you're in public drunk and you walk around humping light poles yes...you're going to get in trouble...and no you arent going to overdose on alcohol most likely but there is such thing as alchohol poisoning and drunk driving...i've also never seen someone get a ticket for "barely" crossing the speed limit...doing 10 or 15 over isn't the same as doing 3 or 4 over.

and talking on cell phones while driving is illegal and heres why...just a week or so ago locally there was a lady who was talking on her cell phone while she was driving and she killed 4 people...why? because she was paying more attention to her phone than to the road...i sell cellular phones for a living...i hear all the stories daily of people in accidents over that...its just as bad as being drunk.

people downloading music and movies arent really caught as much as they make it sound...and the people who "forget" something on their taxes...i've never heard of someone going to prison for "forgetting" something on their taxes.

Jome

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2004, 01:34:38 AM »

i've never seen someone get a ticket for spitting on the pavement or littering...drinking in public is not a crime but being drunk and disorderly is...meaning if you're in public drunk and you walk around humping light poles yes...you're going to get in trouble...and no you arent going to overdose on alcohol most likely but there is such thing as alchohol poisoning and drunk driving...i've also never seen someone get a ticket for "barely" crossing the speed limit...doing 10 or 15 over isn't the same as doing 3 or 4 over.

and talking on cell phones while driving is illegal and heres why...just a week or so ago locally there was a lady who was talking on her cell phone while she was driving and she killed 4 people...why? because she was paying more attention to her phone than to the road...i sell cellular phones for a living...i hear all the stories daily of people in accidents over that...its just as bad as being drunk.

people downloading music and movies arent really caught as much as they make it sound...and the people who "forget" something on their taxes...i've never heard of someone going to prison for "forgetting" something on their taxes.

Yeah, not necessarily to prison, but you get tickets, getting pity shit on your resumè, things like that.

And spitting on the pavement, drinking in public, breaking a bottle, etc. will give you a socalled "simplified ticket" or whatever you call it over here.. means that it takes 1 minute to fill out the ticket.

You'd rather catch them than drugdealers, burglars, carthieves, bikethiefs.. etc. ?

smerlus

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2004, 07:19:36 AM »
jome, you're not thinking clearly.... you know why all those little crimes get tickets? because the cops see it happening....i'm sure if on the left side of the street someone was spitting and on the right someone was robbing a bank....the cop would go after the bank robbers

i would feel your argument if cops were going around looking for spit on the ground, and doing DNA tests to catch and ticket whoever it was...yes that would be a foul waste of time

the justice system in america has next to nothing to do with the police. the police's job is to protect and serve....and the majoity of them do taht. it's a shame the US justice system doesn't have the same motto, you have lawyers that will try thier hardest to get a 2 time convicted child rapest free just so their record looks better.

smerlus

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2004, 07:21:42 AM »

Back on topic again.
Here's a good example from everyday life:

3 wellknown burglars was caught with a truckload of stolen property, police took them down to the station, where the boss said: "Take the goods, and let them go"
The police men was like "What the hell, are you serious ?"
Chief: "We don't have time to question them and all that paperwork"
The burglars walked away with a big smile on their face.
3 hours later, police got phonecalls about the same dudes "at work" again.

At the same time, police had no less than 6 policemen out on the road doing routine questions & laser controls.
(This was a small town, btw.. not some major city)

funny thing about the phrase "example from everyday life" is that it means it happens everyday... so you are trying to say that everyday there are three men with stolen goods in the van taht the cops let go? i don't think so....

ok well we see your side of the arguement, now try and look at the other side.... post all the articles of crimes being caught in your country....if you have more cases like your than cases like mine, you win the arguement  ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 07:24:42 AM by smerlus »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2004, 07:24:43 AM »

Yeah, not necessarily to prison, but you get tickets, getting pity shit on your resumè, things like that.

And spitting on the pavement, drinking in public, breaking a bottle, etc. will give you a socalled "simplified ticket" or whatever you call it over here.. means that it takes 1 minute to fill out the ticket.

LOL!! did you made that up as some hyperboles or is it really the case that spitting and drinking are forbidden?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

smerlus

« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2004, 07:33:34 AM »

LOL!! did you made that up as some hyperboles or is it really the case that spitting and drinking are forbidden?

no it's probably true, in singapore you can't spit, drink, or even chew gum in public....each one of these offenses come with a large fine of $50 or more.

i have to say that singapore is one of the most pristine places i've been though
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 07:34:26 AM by smerlus »

Jome

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2004, 01:29:04 PM »
funny thing about the phrase "example from everyday life" is that it means it happens everyday... so you are trying to say that everyday there are three men with stolen goods in the van taht the cops let go? i don't think so....

ok well we see your side of the arguement, now try and look at the other side.... post all the articles of crimes being caught in your country....if you have more cases like your than cases like mine, you win the arguement  ;D

Yeah, it does happen, maybe this was among the clearest/biggest examples, but still..
I'm not gonna dig out any articles,  it's time-consuming, I already proved my point, and you don't understand Norwegian, so what would the point be..
Btw, police isn't the only one responsible for their sometimes fucked up priorities, the lawmakers are partly responsible.

Another example:
A man saw a Pakistanian man selling drugs to 2 teenage girls.
The man goes over to them and asks: "What are you dealing here.."
He saw a few tablets in his hands, probably X, and knocked the dealer out.
Police is there 2 minutes later, they arrest the man who knocked the dealer out, and let's the dealer go.
How is that fair.. ?

I bet, if I read American newspapers, I would have 1000's of examples from there too, but the only thing they show over here, is when U.S. police REALLY fucks up, and is caught on tape.
You can't really defend none of them, if you're not out in the streets/city, and seeing what's really going on.

no it's probably true, in singapore you can't spit, drink, or even chew gum in public....each one of these offenses come with a large fine of $50 or more.

i have to say that singapore is one of the most pristine places i've been though

Yes, it's true..
Things that will give you a ticket in most big cities in Norway:

Spitting on the street, spitting out bubblegum, breaking a bottle, drinking in public, throwing trash on the street, pissing in a public place (doesn't even have to be that public), firing up fireworks, etc.

The ticket is usally somewhere between 1000 NOK to 2500 NOK, = $140 to $360

smerlus

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2004, 03:21:25 PM »

Yeah, it does happen, maybe this was among the clearest/biggest examples, but still..
I'm not gonna dig out any articles,  it's time-consuming, I already proved my point, and you don't understand Norwegian, so what would the point be..
Btw, police isn't the only one responsible for their sometimes fucked up priorities, the lawmakers are partly responsible.

Another example:
A man saw a Pakistanian man selling drugs to 2 teenage girls.
The man goes over to them and asks: "What are you dealing here.."
He saw a few tablets in his hands, probably X, and knocked the dealer out.
Police is there 2 minutes later, they arrest the man who knocked the dealer out, and let's the dealer go.
How is that fair.. ?

I bet, if I read American newspapers, I would have 1000's of examples from there too, but the only thing they show over here, is when U.S. police REALLY fucks up, and is caught on tape.
You can't really defend none of them, if you're not out in the streets/city, and seeing what's really going on.

Yes, it's true..
Things that will give you a ticket in most big cities in Norway:

Spitting on the street, spitting out bubblegum, breaking a bottle, drinking in public, throwing trash on the street, pissing in a public place (doesn't even have to be that public), firing up fireworks, etc.

The ticket is usally somewhere between 1000 NOK to 2500 NOK, = $140 to $360

if you haven't noticed there's bad examples of every job....priests molesting boys, sport stars doing drugs/killing people, musicians doing drugs.....you can't label all of them bad just because a few are...like i said i'm sure you could post 100 times more articles about arrests than about fucked up police

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2004, 04:29:49 PM »
LMAO@Pubic Hair Club...

Jome

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2004, 07:06:55 PM »
if you haven't noticed there's bad examples of every job....priests molesting boys, sport stars doing drugs/killing people, musicians doing drugs.....you can't label all of them bad just because a few are...like i said i'm sure you could post 100 times more articles about arrests than about fucked up police

And finally he admits it.
Took you long enough..

smerlus

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2004, 01:08:06 AM »

And finally he admits it.
Took you long enough..

my arguement was never that cops are perfect....it was about you whining that you got a ticket when you were speeding....the cop was doing his job

West C. Connected

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2004, 01:24:18 PM »

Oh yeah it's true, I never go to Singapore..
Everybody's corrupt as fuck in Thailand lol

smerlus

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2004, 02:04:31 PM »
i wasn't really feeling thailand...just too dirty a place for me

plus i could never beat the whores at Connect 4, they're fucking champions

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2004, 02:21:21 PM »
i got one last week. fuck them bastards.