Author Topic: I got my first speeding ticket  (Read 1913 times)

smerlus

Re:I got my first speeding ticket
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 09:25:03 PM »
ok show me the statistics that you're talking about and we'll debate that...

Ok, I don't wanna go through the 2000 articles about car/motor on Norway's biggest newspaper, but they had a article about a European study some months ago, and this is what it basically said:

* 50-zones are 3-4 times more dangerous than 80-zones, almost 65-80% of all accidents happen in 50-zones.

* Practically all accidents in 80-zones happen because someone drives way too slow or holds up traffic in some way, or front to front accidents. (Usually drunk drivers)
Also a small percentage: sliding because of slippy/wet road or snow.

Ask a policeman, he'll tell you.. the old man with hat going in 40-50 on a 80 zone is among the biggest traffic hazards there is.

..you couldn't have a decent debate if you had help from everyone on this board cause as soon as you're proven wrong, you resort to name calling.
eat a dick jome

Name calling.. ???
I called you a genius, boo hooooo.. fuckin fruit.

first off you know why there's more accidents in 50 zones than 80 zones...it's called a ratio...you probably have more 50 zones than 80 zones.... common sense

like luke said, we have 70 mph max's and most are 55-60 and in all my years of driving or being driven someplace i've NEVER seen a 40 mph car on any freeway, highway or expressway but i have seen my fair share of accidents....so you're telling me that the majority of those accidents come from people driving 40 mph? the same people i've never seen? you're full of shit...it comes from assholes that want to do 85 mph, get on someone's ass and then don't have enough time to break if the other person stops or assholes that think that they can slide inbetween cars at high speeds

and i live close to a rural area where we have big tractors going 20 mph on a 55 country road that has two lanes each going in an opposite way, now i don't know if your backwards country has trailers but not only are they slow, they are also oversized...and i never hear of someone colliding with one of these tractors

so tell me, if a person is going 40 in an 80...who's gonna hit who? basic laws of physics tells me that the 40 isn't going to catch up to an 80, and common sense also tells me that if i see a slow ass car going in a lane to pass it...you must have a country full of morons if they can't  go around a simple slow moving object

so your statistics only go to show that you're a country full of morons and you fail demonstrate the ability to operate motor vehicles.

please don't call me names or hit the "diss" button....i'm so fearful of your mod like powers

and a last word of advice....you should get one of your buddies to lock this thread because you're just going to make yourself look more and more handicapped and ignorant

Jome

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2004, 09:55:38 PM »
jome...first off a serious question...i've never been to norway so do you guys go buy Miles per hour? cuz an 80 MPH zone is pretty damn high...if you're already in an 80 MPH zone and you get pulled over...MORE POWER TO THE COPS!

here the highest are like 70...and thats rare to see those (especially where i live...) its usually 55-60

Oh yeah, we use kilometers instead of miles.. so the discussion became a little twisted.. lol

first off you know why there's more accidents in 50 zones than 80 zones...it's called a ratio...you probably have more 50 zones than 80 zones.... common sense

like luke said, we have 70 mph max's and most are 55-60 and in all my years of driving or being driven someplace i've NEVER seen a 40 mph car on any freeway, highway or expressway but i have seen my fair share of accidents....so you're telling me that the majority of those accidents come from people driving 40 mph? the same people i've never seen? you're full of shit...it comes from assholes that want to do 85 mph, get on someone's ass and then don't have enough time to break if the other person stops or assholes that think that they can slide inbetween cars at high speeds

and i live close to a rural area where we have big tractors going 20 mph on a 55 country road that has two lanes each going in an opposite way, now i don't know if your backwards country has trailers but not only are they slow, they are also oversized...and i never hear of someone colliding with one of these tractors

so tell me, if a person is going 40 in an 80...who's gonna hit who? basic laws of physics tells me that the 40 isn't going to catch up to an 80, and common sense also tells me that if i see a slow ass car going in a lane to pass it...you must have a country full of morons if they can't  go around a simple slow moving object

so your statistics only go to show that you're a country full of morons and you fail demonstrate the ability to operate motor vehicles.

please don't call me names or hit the "diss" button....i'm so fearful of your mod like powers

and a last word of advice....you should get one of your buddies to lock this thread because you're just going to make yourself look more and more handicapped and ignorant

80-zones are usually 20 times longer than the average 50-zone, so there goes that argument out of the window.
There's less 80-zones, correct, but they're far longer/bigger than 50-zones.

I don't think you can be much on the road if you have never seen somebody slowing down the whole lane by going way too slow, and make big ass queues..
It seems to happen every fucking day, and it's not just Norwegians, in fact it's very often foreign people taking a "sightseeing" and forgetting that they cause big ass queues.
I used to be on the road 8-10 hours a day for a year when I was in the military, so try to educate me about slow drivers..  ;)

We don't have as many 4-lane roads as you Americans, 2 lanes are common /standard here.
That's why it's far more important to keep a decent speed here, we don't have as much 4-lanes, and 6 lanes doesn't even exist, at least not highways, only road crosses.

Slow drivers OVER HERE, makes dangerous situations all the time, when 90% want to get in front of them, which brings me to another point, WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYBODY DECIDE TO MAKE A STOP ON THE HIGHWAY !?!?!?!?!
To enjoy the traffic from the side of the road ???

Last: You can't lock this thread, and you don't need to request it neither, there's no reason to.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 09:56:27 PM by Jome Is Certain »

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2004, 10:40:55 PM »
ok now that im clear on how you judge your speed...

you say that your 80 zones are longer...well here we have this little thing called I-5 and I-90...one extends all the way along the westcoast and the other extends all the way across the united states....both of which are 55 & 60 most of the way.

Jome

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2004, 11:13:28 PM »

you say that your 80 zones are longer...well here we have this little thing called I-5 and I-90...one extends all the way along the westcoast and the other extends all the way across the united states....both of which are 55 & 60 most of the way.

Nah, I said that the 80-zones are way longer than the 50-zones.. I didn't say that our 80-zones are bigger than yours.. lol

And 80-zones (KMH) are slower than 80-zones (MPH)..
So maybe we have more of 80kmh zones than you have 80mph zones.. I dunno.

But I guess you can't compare traffic in the States vs. Norwegian.. it's way too different.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 11:15:28 PM by Jome Is Certain »

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2004, 11:25:28 PM »
you said that because your 80 zones were bigger then there was less of them...well if your 55 zones extend across the us and along the west coast...then its the same thing.

and we don't have any 80 mph zones.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2004, 11:47:48 PM »
you said that because your 80 zones were bigger then there was less of them...well if your 55 zones extend across the us and along the west coast...then its the same thing.

and we don't have any 80 mph zones.

Aight, here's a little math.

I'm saying 80-zones in general are longer/bigger than 50-zones, at least here..
But if you don't have 80-zones, you can't compare it..

Check it:

Our 80-zones (km/h) are the equivalent of your 50-zones.. (mph)
Our 50-zones (km/h) are the equivalent of your 30-zones.. (mph) (31.06 to be exact)

So... I bet the distance of your 50-zones is much bigger than the distance of your 30-zones, simply because the 50-zones are so much longer..

Feel me.. ?

hector

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2004, 11:56:48 PM »

LMAO!  dude, I dunno about up in washington, but the flow of traffic on I-5 is never 55 to 60 mph.  a lot of it the speed limit is 70mph, and if you do that there is usually a lot of cars passing you.  In southern california, when there is no traffic jams, the avg speed on I-5 is more than 80 mph.

Don Breezio

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 12:00:19 AM »

LMAO!  dude, I dunno about up in washington, but the flow of traffic on I-5 is never 55 to 60 mph.  a lot of it the speed limit is 70mph, and if you do that there is usually a lot of cars passing you.  In southern california, when there is no traffic jams, the avg speed on I-5 is more than 80 mph.

the average speed on I-5 around here is about 65-70

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2004, 12:07:22 AM »
Your logic makes no sense whatsoever...Since there are murderes, burglars, and drug-dealers on the loose, highway patrol shouldn't enforce laws on the road?...GENIUS!

This is Norway, not U.S.
We have no highway patrol, no F.B.I., no C.I.A., no fucking secret service intelligence, etc.
Dumbass.

It's not my fault your country is fucked up... ::)

Jome

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »

Fucked up, because we only need 1 Police-unit, and 1 special unit for organized crime, murders.. ??

Imagine all the bullshit bureaucracy that goes on in all those divisions you got.. all the corrupt people and "money under the table"..
All the tax money spent on people with unneccessary jobs and missions..

The more police, special units, intelligence, army, etc. the better society.. ??
Is that your point.. ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2004, 12:38:25 AM »

Fucked up, because we only need 1 Police-unit, and 1 special unit for organized crime, murders.. ??

Imagine all the bullshit bureaucracy that goes on in all those divisions you got.. all the corrupt people and "money under the table"..
All the tax money spent on people with unneccessary jobs and missions..

The more police, special units, intelligence, army, etc. the better society.. ??
Is that your point.. ?

My point is, your country is fucked up...The same unit that performs high profile drug busts, also give out parking tickets? Tell me that's not fucked up...Now I know why you're complaining. I would too, if I lived in a country like that.

Don Breezio

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2004, 12:40:39 AM »
jome i have a question...a serious one....if you're cost of living is so much higher...why is that? because obviously there isn't a ton of law enforcement to pay through taxes and what not...in fact i would imagine the amount of money your government spends is probably insanely lower than ours. but im just wondering...i don't know that much about it so educate me a little

Jome

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2004, 10:29:24 AM »

My point is, your country is fucked up...The same unit that performs high profile drug busts, also give out parking tickets? Tell me that's not fucked up...Now I know why you're complaining. I would too, if I lived in a country like that.

No, you're dodging my question, as you always do.
The Police takes care of all criminality, parking bureaus takes care of parking tickets.

How does it feel to live in a police state with dozens of different law enforcements, and still have one of the highest crimerates in the world.. ??
Doesn't that feel fucked up.. ? You simply can't answer that, can you.

We only have 1 police unit, and 1 special unit, but still we have a very low crimerate, and the highest living standard in the world.. is that what you call fucked up. ?

jome i have a question...a serious one....if you're cost of living is so much higher...why is that? because obviously there isn't a ton of law enforcement to pay through taxes and what not...in fact i would imagine the amount of money your government spends is probably insanely lower than ours. but im just wondering...i don't know that much about it so educate me a little

For one, the average income in Norway is a lot higher than most other countries.
So more or less everybody can afford the taxes.
The state also pays for the hospitals and the pasients, so healthcare is free.
Dental care is free until you're 19, so most people have learned the lesson about dental care until then.

If you're unemployed, you get money from the state, through the "work office", where they find out your income last year, and base your unemployment wages on that, and they put you in a unemployed archive where companies can find workers..
When I finished the military, I was unemployed for a few months, and I got $50 a day for doing nothing.. (taxfree)
If I was to become unemployed today, I would get around $80 taxfree a day, because I earned more last year.

Most of the schools are free too, even a lot of the college and universities.
The State also hand out a great deal of scholarships to students, especially to those with handicaps or special needs.
There's also a program for the homeless and drug-addicts, wether they choose to take it or not..
We pay a lot in taxes, but we get a lot in return for it too.

IMO, there's too much taxes.. but then again I'm young and healthy, maybe I will get those taxes in return if I ever get into a accident, or when I get old and need a hospital visit.
Also, studies say that Norway have the highest living standard in the world, maybe we wouldn't have that without the taxes.. hard to say.

How is it in the States, don't you need a insurance if you go to hospital.. ?? (Unless you wanna pay for it)
Most colleges cost money right ?
How about dental care.. you pay for that.. ?

Don Breezio

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2004, 11:07:47 AM »
yeah in the US you pay for your dental and medical...and if you don't have insurance and you get really really sick you're pretty well screwed.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2004, 12:25:21 PM »
In the UK we have free hospital treatment through the National Health Service, and prescriptions are free until you are 16 (or 18 if you are still in full time education). after that they are about £6.20 ($10-ish) each. elderly also get these for free.

alternatively you can buy a certificate that covers your prescriptions for a year, that works out cheaper for me anyway cos of the amount of medication i need.

dental care is free until you turn 16 (or again 18 if in full time education). after that you pay but there is support for people with certain circumstances (students, elderly, disabled)

the bad thing about the NHS is that the government has to keep pumping money into it to keep it going, as the population is increasing, especially the elderly, and the majority of people whose lives they are helping are unable to work and therefore cant contribute in the form of taxes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare