Author Topic: Immortal Technique  (Read 621 times)

Throwback

Re:Immortal Technique
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2004, 08:27:52 AM »
ok.. whats the point off discussing how much black he is?? who gives a fuck. its about the music rite.. if he was green i'd feel his music

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »
I'm going to sit and listen to his latest album and look through every part I believe to be false. I may take a while but I'll get back to you.

I'm still going through it. What really bothers me  about songs like the 4th branch is he speaks of world politics like he knows what really goes behind close doors, or like he could do a better job. Corruption is not new to the world, its always been around. How can he judge others choices and the way things are done with out really knowing what goes on. I know I inturn an judging him, and it is hypocritical of me, so let me now show some compassion.
I think he is a very very good rapper, strong delivery, and powerful in your face lyrics that really get his point across. But I feel his points are bombarde with hate rather than intelligence. I do not know what went on in his life and don't how I'd be now if I had went through the same things. However I feel the world being run by evil is the way it is, and if he really was to revolt and takeover the world (hypotheically speaking), he would fall victim to the devil just like anyone else and become corrupt, if he wanted to remain in power.
But even I have know idea how the world works, which is why believe artists should speak only of what they really know and see. I hate to use him as an example considering others on this forum are getting sick of me using his name, but when Bruce Springsteen decided to make an album on the events of september 11th he did not make it political. He stuck to what is in his grasp, human suffering. The album was primarily about the loss of loved ones. Bruce does not know what dirty politics really go on, so he does not assume. To me anytime any one makes a strong political stand they usually look like an idiot.

I don't mean that Martin Luther King looked like an idiot when he stood up for equality, and here's why: What he stood against he saw with his own eyes everyday. He didn't pass blame, or intend to overthrow anyone but Satan (metaphorically speaking). He kept his arguments with in his realm. King was a man looking for peace not justice, for he understood justice is divine. This is what seperated him from almost all the other pro-black leaders of his time. I feel Immotal Technique wants justice more than, and I tend to think this based on the tone he uses in his songs. I don't really think he 's a complete idiot like I implied earlier in a post. He is intelligent, I just feel he thinks he is too intellingent, and too much of anything isn't good.

SGV

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2004, 10:57:21 AM »
I got a cousin in Honduras who's black. She looks more Latina than Black. Her pops is Latino and her moms is, too(but of African decent).

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2004, 12:13:14 PM »
I got a cousin in Honduras who's black. She looks more Latina than Black. Her pops is Latino and her moms is, too(but of African decent).

Am I reading this wrong?  
Her father and mother are Latino, and she looks Latino, but she is black?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

SGV

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »

Am I reading this wrong?  
Her father and mother are Latino, and she looks Latino, but she is black?
Read in bold. You can be black and still be Latino. Ask a black Cuban if they're black. You'll probably get cussed out.