6 (28.6%)
Lebron and Carmelo
4 (19%)
Dwayne Wade
0 (0%)
Who are these people??
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Lebron: Rookie of the year or not?  (Read 822 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Lebron: Rookie of the year or not?
« on: April 17, 2004, 09:32:09 PM »
Today, I saw that Lebron is supposedly going to be named Rookie of the year on Tuesday. This is news comin from ESPN.

Now I realize that there are many more Lebron haters than Carmelo haters, mainly because he received sooo much hype and was crowned the next Jordan before he got his HS diploma. But do you feel Carmelo REALLY did have a better year, and that Lebron shouldn't get the ROY? Most people on Melo's side argue that he got his team into the playoffs on a much harder conference. But most people who are on Bron's side will say that Lebron deserved it because Melo had a better team who was more experienced, and Lebron's team had so many major changes during the year, which is what I agree with. I think Lebron deserved it more than Melo...and that one 4th quarter when Melo decided not to play made him look bad to me.

I personally like Lebron's game a whole lot more, especially since he loves passing just like my favorite player ever, Magic. But I kiinda think they should just give the ROY to them both, because they both did the damm thing, and because if only one of em wins there is gonna be a lotta debate.

Doggystylin

Re:Lebron: Rookie of the year or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 09:41:25 PM »
they should do a co-roy thing like they did that one year with grant hill & jason kidd

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:04:22 AM »
lebron

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 12:20:30 AM »
I say its gone be a tie, but in the future, look out for Chris Bosh aka CB4.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 02:06:38 AM »
I keep hearing that Denver had a better team, but who the hell did they have? Marcus Camby and Andre Miller?...Cleveland had Ilgauskas, Williams, Boozer, and McInnis, but still didn't even make the playoffs IN THE EAST! Carmelo got his team into the playoffs IN THE WILD WILD WEST!...And that "Denver had a better team" argument is straight BULLSHIT...The end.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 04:35:57 AM »
Carmelo for me, but I think the fairest outcome would be the shared prize.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 08:52:02 AM »
It definetly should be Anthony
He got the Nuggets into the playoffs, were as Lebron coudn't get Cleveland in the playoffs in the East.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 09:24:41 AM »
Look at the stats...
Plus who's team is still playin' & who's watching..

no brainer...
Fuck hype

Melo 4 rookie of the year...
(Shit or give Melo the M.V.P.)

Nugget's won't be shit without em...
Hatesrats 2oooIV

by the way...ImO

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 09:32:57 AM »
i guess Melo will get it if only one is blessed gettin it, since his team was more successful than lebron's. Even tho I like James more as a player.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

eS El Duque

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 10:32:51 AM »
lebron was a better all around player...pts/steals/assists/rebounds/block
LEAGUE LEADERS
• Ranks 13th in NBA in Points Per Game (20.9)
• Ranks 10th in NBA in Minutes Per Game (39.5)
• Ranks 3rd among rookies in Assists Per Game (5.9)
• Ranks 13th in NBA in Assists Per Game (5.9)
• Ranks 2nd among rookies in Points Per Game (20.9)

His season-high was 41 points on March 27 against New Jersey made him the youngest player in league history to reach 40 points. James scored at least 30 points 13 times.

James, 19, was only the third rookie in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists, joining Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

And the people agree...Lebron James Rookie of The Year :)

ESPN.com news services
LeBron James, the super-hyped phenom who went from high school to the pros and kept the Cleveland Cavaliers in playoff contention until late in the season, has beaten out Carmelo Anthony in voting for the NBA's Rookie of the Year award.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith confirmed Saturday an earlier Bloomberg News report that James will be presented with the award Tuesday.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 12:14:27 PM »
I'll go with King James.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 12:27:43 AM »
LEAGUE LEADERS

His season-high was 41 points on March 27 against New Jersey made him the youngest player in league history to reach 40 points. James scored at least 30 points 13 times.

James, 19, was only the third rookie in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists, joining Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

ESPN.com news services
LeBron James, the super-hyped phenom who went from high school to the pros and kept the Cleveland Cavaliers in playoff contention until late in the season, has beaten out Carmelo Anthony in voting for the NBA's Rookie of the Year award.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith confirmed Saturday an earlier Bloomberg News report that James will be presented with the award Tuesday.

LeBron James      Carmelo Anthomy
PPG 20.9                      PPG 21.0
RPG 5.5                       RPG 6.1
APG 5.9                       APG 2.8
SPG 1.65                     SPG 1.18
BPG .73                       BPG .50
FG% .417                    FG% .426
FT% .754                    FT% .777
3P% .290                    3P% .322
MPG 39.5                    MPG 36.5

Anthony has more points in less minutes, and a better FG%, FT%, and 3P% (meaning he shoots a lot less than James)...I think the winner is clear.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 12:44:18 AM »
mellow got straight robbbbbbbed!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 07:43:43 AM »
I keep hearing that Denver had a better team, but who the hell did they have? Marcus Camby and Andre Miller?...Cleveland had Ilgauskas, Williams, Boozer, and McInnis, but still didn't even make the playoffs IN THE EAST! Carmelo got his team into the playoffs IN THE WILD WILD WEST!...And that "Denver had a better team" argument is straight BULLSHIT...The end.

agrees..

carmello was denver's whole team..imo...lebron had the better team comin in..then the league made changes so that he can build even more hype than he was suppose to have,they got rid of all the scorers 4 the cav's..and dejuan wagner couldnt even do shit...at 1st he wasnt hittin shit....then when mello got on his streak....they started deletin players each player they ended up givin away the better his stats got,kuz he couldnt fit in the system..

and poor mello..smh..he did exactlly what he did at syracuse..made a team who hadnt thought about shit..to a team that believe they can do shit...if that aint a rookie impact i dont know what is...i hope the nuggets some how some way...win the championship..and make david stern mrs. crabapple face ass sick to his stomach..

career to career...mellow will last longer..lebron will be burnt out by his 5th yr..

wait til next yr..nuggets will be in the playoffs again..same senario

eS El Duque

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 08:50:51 AM »
LEAGUE LEADERS

ESPN.com news services

LeBron James      Carmelo Anthomy
PPG 20.9                      PPG 21.0
RPG 5.5                       RPG 6.1
APG 5.9                       APG 2.8
SPG 1.65                     SPG 1.18
BPG .73                       BPG .50
FG% .417                    FG% .426
FT% .754                    FT% .777
3P% .290                    3P% .322
MPG 39.5                    MPG 36.5

Anthony has more points in less minutes, and a better FG%, FT%, and 3P% (meaning he shoots a lot less than James)...I think the winner is clear.

James gets more steals/blocks/assists...its clear who the winner is.