Author Topic: Whats tomorrows date?  (Read 275 times)

SINLOC

Re:Whats tomorrows date?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 04:33:53 PM »
Down 2 Tha Last Roach
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 04:34:48 PM by Woop Woop!! »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 05:44:55 PM »
i've known the phrase 4:20 since i was like in 5th grade..Where did the whole 420 thing come about..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 07:34:17 PM »
i've known the phrase 4:20 since i was like in 5th grade..Where did the whole 420 thing come about..

I've heard 3 different things; 1. There's 420 chemicals in marijuana; 2. That's the police code for marijuana; or 3.There was a huge drug bust and April 20th is its anniversary.
I don't know which one is true. Personally I think it's extremely stupid, especially the people who see the number 420 written somewhere and get all excited.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

We Fly High

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 08:09:22 PM »
this is all from hightimes.com

Steve Waldo, writing in HIGH TIMES (“4:20 & the Grateful Dead,” May ’01 HT), explained further:

“Although it has often been rumored, 420 is not a police code for drug-law enforcement in California, and in San Rafael, is part of the state Health and Safety Code, in which all sections have five-and six-digit numbers, sometimes separated by a decimal point. Pot-related activities and violations fall in the middle 11300s.”

A second origin theory was that 420 references THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) as: “the number of chemicals in THC,” the “number of molecules in marijuana,” or the “number of elements in the marijuana plant.” Skeptical about these biochemistry claims, I solicited evaluation from Peter Webster, review editor of the International Journal of Drug Policy, who responded to my e-mail query as follows: “THC, or the principal active ingredient of cannabis, is a single chemical entity, i.e., one chemical. There are, however, many other closely related but less psychoactive chemicals in cannabis, some of which may be more important in medical applications. Each, however, is a different chemical, since its molecular structure is unique. Again, THC is ONE chemical. Marijuana contains perhaps many thousands of different molecular entities, from the couple of hundred cannabinoids, such as THC, to chlorophyll, fats, fibers such as lignin, cellulose, sugars, enzymes, and a wide range of other organic chemicals, to minerals, water, etc. The number of elements: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, chlorine, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, many trace metals, and probably many others in trace amounts… in effect, most elements in the first part of the periodic table!—and probably even some traces of heavy metals, whatever is in the environment in which it grows.”

While false again, the THC origin theory aids in learning about the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, which is standard knowledge for any marijuana-smoker

this is supposedly the true story behind 4:20

"Most pot-smokers would probably accept as fact that 420 originated in San Rafael, California with Steve Waldo, who used the expression “420 Louie” in high school. Waldo used it as a secret code to remind friends to meet for smoking sessions at the Louis Pasteur statue, 70 minutes after the 3:10 dismissal."

and i never really heard about that drug bust thing..