Author Topic: **** Exclusive Aspects News ****  (Read 169 times)

Don Seer

**** Exclusive Aspects News ****
« on: May 08, 2004, 02:32:57 PM »
I went to bristol today and saw ian (el-eye) in the record shop he works at. (i went school with him, and used to skateboard wit him, alex (bubba) i knew through boy scouts originally.. )

here's all the news for ya

They have MAJOR deal, they are now on Sanctuary Records, and will have international distribution. The label handles.. ozzie osbourne, blondie, motorhead...
many more >> http://www.sanctuaryrecords.com/

They have a new album coming in about 2 months called "Mystery Theatre?", and a single coming before that call "impact". They will also have a video.

he gave me a bunch of stickers with the url on..
their new site is http://www.aspects.tv (I got the single name from the site, the stickers have an album advert on)

I said "i heard ya got a new member" he said yeah, you know alex (bubba) is gone right? i said yeah.. he said it was because he was lazy.

Talking of which...  I caught up with bubba's lil sister in a club here about a month or so ago and she told me he's been working with Baby D since he 'left' Aspects.

Diabolical

Re:**** Exclusive Aspects News ****
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 02:35:22 PM »
Never Heard Of Them
But Good Luck To Them.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 02:37:59 PM »
they're a 5 piece hiphop act.   3 rappers, 2 dj/producers.

they already have 1 album out called "correct english"

its proper uk rap

ohh and when they play my town next he said i'm down as vip for free entry   :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 02:46:42 PM by Overseer »

Diabolical

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 02:54:46 PM »
I havent heard much uk rap, is it different from the stuff westwood plays?

700 ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 03:00:27 PM »
umm i'm not sure what westwood plays, i know they were on radio1 daytime once. jo wiley i think.

whats 700? lol

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 03:17:35 PM »
My posts lol 8)

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »
ah lol

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 05:30:16 AM »
armed with the album title i found...

trauma may like this line..

"Think 'Smile'-era Brian Wilson producing the Beastie Boys with the Beta Band on sample duties."

http://www.antidoterecords.co.uk/artists/aspects/

"  08 February 2004 Aspects indeed the crew is top choice!
Regular visitors to ukhh.com will remember a mamoth interview I conducted with Bristol-based crew The Aspects about this time last year during which they talked about putting together a new album. Well the wait (and it's been a long one) is nearly over. This May, El-Eye, Probe Mantis, Specify, Nu Balance and guests (including The Bees, Little Barry and MC Alkaline (of Gunshot)) shall be releasing Mystery Theatre. As they said during the interview and as El-Eye explained to me this afternoon, "it's been a hard couple of years in the Aspects camp" and subsequently the new album shall offer a far darker and deeper side to the guys previously pigeon-holed as "comedic" rap. As well as a shift in the lyrical tone, production has similarly matured and evolved to incorporate "many new influences including folk and blues with a deep psychedelic influence." On the subject of the label home for this release, El-eye explains "We have signed to Antidote as they have given us complete creative freedom, where as other potential labels wanted to steer us into an urban pop territory BIG BROVAZ WE FUCKIN AINT!" I haven't heard any of the album so I'm as eager as y'all to find out whether it lives up to the hype - in the meantime, the lead single Impact is due out this April."

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 11:12:55 AM »
westwood never plays uk hiphop unless he got a british guest (which only ever happens in like the last 20 mins and not that often) sometimes he has a proper british dj on to play some cuts but thats only about half an hour a week, i suppose its better than when it was between just before 2am on a friday night. if u want to hear ukhh on the radio listen to 1xtra, kiss, choice or somink or find a decent pirate staion there are alot of these if u live around london

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 11:43:51 AM »
its a shame, because westwood used to champion ukhh many years back.. if they get popular he'll be pumpin em up..

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 01:41:18 PM »
Hmmmm.... I might have to check these guys out.  LOL

SMiLE

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 03:13:30 PM »
 ;)