Author Topic: Delinquent Habits 1st album  (Read 143 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Delinquent Habits 1st album
« on: May 07, 2004, 09:34:45 PM »
anyone else got this one? this shit is dope. i got this way back when it came out, then something happened to it and i picked it up again today. it's fuckin sick. tracks like 's.a.l.t.' and 'what it be like' and 'lower east side' and 'juvy' and 'tres delinquentes'.....fuckin sick. i don't even know if they're from cali or new york, but i think it's cali, although the 'lower east side' is a new york thing.....anyways, this shit is dope...

hector

Re:Delinquent Habits 1st album
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:51:43 PM »
yeah I picked this album up way back in the day.  I really luved it back then.  I still got it but haven'/t listened to it for years.  I remember I luved the first song.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 05:55:22 AM »
Yeah, that shit's pretty dope. "Tres Delincuentes" is one of my fav w/c songs ever. They from LA, so this is the wrong section actually

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 07:22:15 AM »
Yeah, that shit's pretty dope. "Tres Delincuentes" is one of my fav w/c songs ever. They from LA, so this is the wrong section actually

yeah i thought they were either from LA or NY - in NY the Lower EastSide is real popular so that's why I figured they were NY ( I always assumed NY when I was younger, but listening to it today I can see how they're from LA), plus, the cover of their first one has them in the middle of NY with "the warriors"

eS El Duque

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 08:49:19 AM »

that track, especially the spanish one, got me hooked on their shit.

hector

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 09:40:06 AM »
you guys know that Sen Dogg from Cypress Hill is in the group, right?

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 12:15:10 PM »
"Juvy" is a tight fuckin track, thats my favorite one of theirs.
aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

SGV

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »
you guys know that Sen Dogg from Cypress Hill is in the group, right?
He brought them to the masses, but he was never in the group. Kemo(The Blaxican) is my boy. He's not in the group no more, so it's just Ives and O.G. Styles now. Just seen them live, they need Kemo back. But, he's got a solo on the way called Simple Plan. He produced and engineered the whole thing.

Delinquent Habis spawned a whole new style in Hip Hop. Artists like Akwid, Jae P, David Rolas, Crooked Stilo, Don Abusivo and others have all took their style and made it into a new genre. Ya'll don't know about it, but you will soon.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 04:41:16 PM »
Grundy just confused me with that shit...I didn't even know bout how Sen helped them, i just knew Muggs did sum production for them

SGV, what you mean by "takin their style and makin it into a new genre" ? CDs full of Mariachi beats?? Cuz I luv dat shit...i been wantin to buy that Rolas cd (it's called "Nuestra Vida" or sumthin i think) for a while, but i sumhow always ended up buyin sumthin else with the money i got lol. but if it's that Tres Delincuentes type shit i guess it's really worth it

SGV

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 04:44:44 PM »
Grundy just confused me with that shit...I didn't even know bout how Sen helped them, i just knew Muggs did sum production for them

SGV, what you mean by "takin their style and makin it into a new genre" ? CDs full of Mariachi beats?? Cuz I luv dat shit...i been wantin to buy that Rolas cd (it's called "Nuestra Vida" or sumthin i think) for a while, but i sumhow always ended up buyin sumthin else with the money i got lol. but if it's that Tres Delincuentes type shit i guess it's really worth it

Yea, Sen Dog found them and helped put them out. But, they had been busting for years.

The whole Banda Rap style was taken from Delinquent Habits. Before them that sound was RARELY used. Make sure you pick up the David Rolas shit. That's my boy too! I'm gonna put some shit about him up on Dubcnn soon.

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 05:52:05 PM »
I got the 1st Delinquent Habits album.  I haven't listened to it for years tho.  "Lower Eastside" used to be my jam.  8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 10:23:51 PM »
I got the 1st Delinquent Habits album.  I haven't listened to it for years tho.  "Lower Eastside" used to be my jam.  8)