Author Topic: Mobb Deep says no to Nelly, Lil Jon & Kanye West  (Read 607 times)

Jome

Mobb Deep says no to Nelly, Lil Jon & Kanye West
« on: May 09, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »
Mobb deep cut mainstream artists outta next album

"Mobb Deep have decided to cut the songs they did with St. Louis pop icon Nelly, producer Kanye West and southerner Lil' Jon, from their new highly anticipated album "Amerikaz Nightmare".

Apparently this has been the issue with caused them to delay their album from the March release it originally was slated to. Prodigy stated this during a radio show a few days ago. He said as it looks right now, is the album going to contain 17 Tracks featuring Infamous Mobb, Nate Dogg, Littles, Illa Ghee and Big Noyd.
The beats will be produced by Red Spyda (1), Alchemist (2), and the rest by Havoc. This will come as great news to the hardcore Mobb Deep fan base, which was left frustrated with the news that surfaced earlier this year.
Prodigy also said that it was never them (Mobb Deep) who wanted to do these tracks, but that was just the industry (Jive). He continued to say that if the Mobb did have these tracks on their album, they would loose too many fans, and that is what took Jive time to realize, but the street-single "Gangstaz Roll" and especially the first "real" single "Twisted", convinced Jive to go with the Mobb Deep version of Amerikaz Nightmare, which has been set for a June 8th release."

C/p from another board..

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re:Mobb Deep says no to Nelly, Lil Jon & Kanye West
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 08:39:23 PM »
dont want the track with nelly

but would be interesting to hear them over kayne west beat

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 08:47:04 PM »
good news, it's nice to see that all artists haven't sold their soul to the mighty dollar

Efrain

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »
I guess counting my lucky stars paid off  :)
On a side note, I got ahold of the FULL CD Promo's for both "Got It twisted" and "Gangstaz Roll" artwork and all, neither of which have been ripped yet. If anyone knows a group interested ...

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 10:16:11 PM »
dont want the track with nelly

but would be interesting to hear them over kayne west beat

hector

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 01:39:48 AM »
A great example of what an artist will do in order not to sellout.  snoop should take lessons.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 05:53:11 AM »
Man,these dudes are real,fuck Nelly. :)

Germ

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 06:34:59 AM »
good news...

nelly n mobb deep must sound queer!

really looking forward 2 the album

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 12:28:21 PM »
Damn, that's dope news. Also Havoc producin nearly the whole album is really dope. All real Mobb Deep fans will appreciate this

as for Kanye, his style don't really fit the Mobb IMO. Mobb Deep need sum cold and grimey QB reality rap type beats, not Marvin Gaye on helium (yes, I am a big fan of Kanye's)

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 02:53:56 PM »
Fucking great news this is just the thing the rap industry needs people to stand up to corporate bullshit.

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 04:59:54 PM »
Damn, that's dope news. Also Havoc producin nearly the whole album is really dope. All real Mobb Deep fans will appreciate this

as for Kanye, his style don't really fit the Mobb IMO. Mobb Deep need sum cold and grimey QB reality rap type beats, not Marvin Gaye on helium (yes, I am a big fan of Kanye's)

Tha Crip

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 08:07:04 PM »
i wonder what ever happened to the Eminem beat rumoured to be on dis album.....i think em coulda made a real grimey mobb song
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 11:59:48 AM »
It's a good thing they stood up for their rights and succeeded, but nonetheless, I was curious to hear those songs...
Thanks for the news.

Efrain

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
It's a good thing they stood up for their rights and succeeded, but nonetheless, I was curious to hear those songs...
Thanks for the news.

The XXL review version of the album was the one with all the cut tracks, i.e. "Throw Your Hands" Produced by Kanye etc, so maybe one of the ripping groups like RNS will get ahold of it just like they did for Murda Muzic with was also really different.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 06:04:01 PM »
^^ Yeah, XXL didn't like the guests, maybe they took their advice.