Author Topic: Lloyd Banks Feeds The Hunger  (Read 116 times)

Mr. Head

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Lloyd Banks Feeds The Hunger
« on: May 23, 2004, 01:39:37 PM »
G Unit principal Lloyd Banks will on June 29 release his Interscope solo debut, "The Hunger for More." The Eminem-produced first single "On Fire" is off to a strong start at radio and is No. 15 on Billboard's Hot Rap Tracks chart and No. 17 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks tally. A video for the clip was directed by Jesse Terrero and G Unit member 50 Cent.

"When I say 'The Hunger for More,' it could be referring to more success. It could be more money. Or Respect. More power. More understanding," Banks says in a statement. "All those things lead up to that hunger for more, because my more isn't everybody else's more. I feel like I made it already, because I got already what everybody on the corners of the neighborhood I grew up in is striving to get."

"The Hunger for More" will also be released the same day in a special edition, featuring a bonus track with Banks and G Unit's Tony Yayo and different packaging (including a CD booklet on dollar bill-style paper). A 25-minute DVD will also be included, with an animated video for "My Buddy," a clip for "Smile" and the featurette "A Day in the Life of Lloyd Banks."

Following 50 Cent's breakthrough success with his debut album "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," G Unit burst onto the scene last year with the album "Beg for Mercy," which peaked at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 2.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In March, Banks and 50 Cent joined P. Diddy on "Victory 2004," drawn from Bad Boy's 10th anniversary compilation.

billboard.com