Author Topic: Chappelle's movie plans!  (Read 194 times)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Chappelle's movie plans!
« on: May 03, 2004, 12:00:13 PM »

May 03, 2004

Chappelle to keep it all in NL's 'Family'

By Borys Kit
Dave Chappelle, one of the hottest stars on cable with his "Chappelle's Show" on Comedy Central, is in negotiations with New Line Cinema to do a comedy film.

Tentatively titled "Dave Chappelle's Family History of the World," the project would see Chappelle play his family members at various points in history as he chronicles his family's fictitious involvement in momentous events, from biblical times to the present day, while also riffing on the black experience. Chappelle also would write the script.

The project originated in-house at New Line, where executive Jeff Katz pitched the idea to Chappelle's camp.

The project will be overseen by exec Kent Alterman, who has worked with Chappelle while serving as an executive at Comedy Central.

"I think this is the perfect way to use Dave's comedic talents both as an idea person and as a performer," Alterman said. "I think this has the potential to be a really seminal movie."

New Line's George Waud and Katz also will oversee.

In recent weeks, Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show," which has almost completed its second season, has been among the highest-rated original series on basic cable. The show's audience has grown 55% from last year. The first season of the show is a hit in the TV-to-DVD market, where it has sold more than 800,000 units.

Chappelle's film credits include "Undercover Brother" and "Con Air."

He is repped by UTA and Ziffren, Brittenham, Branca & Fischer.
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Chappelle's movie plans!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 03:44:36 PM »
dopeness...how can this article leave out the fact that him and neal co wrote Half Baked though?!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 07:34:25 AM »
^^
I thought the same thing.
Chappelle's film credits include "Undercover Brother" and "Con Air."
And Half Baked! How could you forget that?

dexter

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 11:35:17 AM »
good idea

Floydness

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 10:25:35 AM »