Author Topic: xbox mod chipping?  (Read 236 times)

Don Seer

xbox mod chipping?
« on: May 13, 2004, 03:16:09 AM »
who else got one.. i know a couple of ya'll have.. waiting for mine to turn up.. (xecuter pro).. have just borrowed a cd wallet full of games  8)

Will mostly use it with media centre for playing movies / music vids /  skate vids on my big widescreen tv over the network from my server PC though.

If it werent for that i wouldnt be bothering, and prob would have sold it.

ohh and i gotta set up Mameox since i'm a big r-type fan :)

what use are ya'll getting out of yours?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:25:39 AM by Overseer »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:xbox mod chipping?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 04:21:31 AM »
readin this, I have reason #123 to hate myself. I shouldve modchipped my xbox as well :/
good honest ppl who pay for what they own wont take it far in life lol. that's another good example.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 04:24:06 AM »
lol.. well i have bought about 10+ xbox games and gotten little use out of them..  i'd be better off hiring them..

will prob flog the ones i dont like much on ebay to recoup modchip cost  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:25:02 AM by Overseer »

Rain

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 06:18:06 AM »
one of my mate's got his chipped just for burnt games and movies

dirty motherfucker that did it for him switched the cd drive while was doing it and gave my mate a shit drive that's fuckin up now.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 06:28:49 AM »
damn thats shady!

only thing i'm thinkin of doing is maybe swapping out the internal hdd for a quieter laptop one i have lying around, but i prob wont bother.

i'm fitting the chip myself, they do do solderless ones, but.. i know of 3 people using this same one so I know its a goodun.. theres only 1 connection thats a bit tricky.

if i fuck up, i can always buy one of those cool clear ones they do over here now... rofl

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »
xbox uses a standard ide hard disk, didn't know you could put laptop ones in there. i have mine chipped, with a 250gb drive in there. you can use your imagination as to whats on there
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 06:46:48 AM »
a laptop is standard IDE just smaller.. you just need small convertor board on the end to convert between the pin layouts. i have one that u put the laptop disk into that makes it the same size as a normal 3.5" ide disk. until recently i was using this in my server machine.

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »
Yo seer, done this myself as well, the most important thing is the initial alignment over the d0 pin.  For all those that say that it's only good for pirating and illegal stuff, you have no idea how useful it is to be able to stream music and movies over your home network to your xbox and your tv.  Plus, the xbox has component video out so you can stream high res .ts files, xvid, ect.  The funny thing is, you see a lot of people sayin "dirty pirates" for people doing this, but microsoft would be perfectly happy to sell you their "media extender kit" plus their "dvd playback kit" to be able to do the same thing.  Getting the xbmc set up can be a little tricky, let me know if you have questions (although there are many good websites for this as well)

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 07:25:31 PM »
a laptop is standard IDE just smaller.. you just need small convertor board on the end to convert between the pin layouts. i have one that u put the laptop disk into that makes it the same size as a normal 3.5" ide disk. until recently i was using this in my server machine.

yeah i have a laptop hard disk in one of my servers @ home, just didnt know you could do it with the xbox
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 10:30:32 PM »
If
ohh and i gotta set up Mameox since i'm a big r-type fan :)

Man.  I own a ton of arcade games (full size arcade games).. I work for an operator (I collect, repair games, etc.) basically service/sales... I have a route I own.  Anyways, I go to auctions, every two months with everybody just to kind of hang out and have fun.

Anyways, all these operators show up with old games they don't want anymore, and they just auction them off for whatever they can get.  There's usually, about a thousand games!  So, I'm looking around for stuff to buy for my house, and what do I see getting auctioned off?  R-Type II, working 100%.

So, there's all these little fanboys there that attend all of them, hoping to buy a ms. pac man or something, but apparently none of them liked R-type... so I bought the fuckin' thing for 30 bucks.  30 bucks.  Full size, fully working, in my house.

I've bought some for as cheap as 15 dollars there, but I thought I'd mention that one since you mentioned R-type.  

My brother and I sell video games (playstation, etc.) at the flea market, and we have a permanent booth there for the weekends, I took 2 arcade games up there and had them just sitting around plugged in for Ambience... I never really thought I'd sell either one of them, they just looked good... well, Sunday, this guy comes up, says he's from Maryland, and he's all giddy.... apparently he's got all kinds of money, and handed me 225 bucks for the R-type 2, we loaded it in the back of his landcruiser, and he took off, LOL.

I *KINDA want a dedicated R-Type (the original, in the kick-ass Nintendo cabinet with the original R-type sideart!)... this one was just a conversion in a plain black cabinet.   *FUN* game though.  Won't really miss it, though, I've got like a dozen fuckin' games... I need room for the next auction!

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 10:33:20 PM »

Drool Drool
Slobber Slobber

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 10:34:49 PM »
i'd be better off hiring them..

Weird-ass English expression #3,459

Instead of "Rent", they say "Hire"

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 11:57:45 PM »
lol.. we use renting for houses, but hiring for things like cars/games/videos/dvds and the employment thing.

r-type is the daddy :)

u could make a grip buying cabs at auction and selling elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:59:41 PM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 02:19:40 AM »
Yup, i'm in the process of that now :)  Most of the classics though go for decent money... so I'm basically buying the games nobody's heard of and selling them.  

hector

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 02:35:03 AM »
I don't own an X-box, and I don't play video games, but best belive if I had one, I would mod it and bootleg their games.  Everyone owning an Xbox should mod that shit.