Author Topic: GTA: San Andreas: More Info & Screenshots (HOT!)  (Read 1413 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:GTA: San Andreas: More Info & Screenshots (HOT!)
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »
Halo>Gta

End of story.

Reflections?!  Hockey gaves have been having reflections for a while now

Jome

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2004, 08:36:21 PM »
Halo>Gta

End of story.

In terms of innovative gameplay & originality .. NO.
In terms of longevity & versatileness.. NO.

In terms of having the best resolution and best graphics.. yeah sure.
In terms of having the weirdest enemies, yeah sure.

GTA wins in a lot of categories if you compare it to Halo, and Halo in others..
But they're not really compareable, and they don't have the same core audience.
GTA undeniably breaks new grounds in a lot of areas as compared to Halo, it's not been done before..

I shot weird looking aliens back in the early 90's, did I have the opportunity to be a ruthless bastard making money in every illegal or even legal possible way while being able to drive every possible vehicle, an do every possible thing that is possible in real life in a videogame back then.. ? No.

smerlus

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2004, 09:07:59 PM »
Halo>Gta

End of story.

Reflections?!  Hockey gaves have been having reflections for a while now

and hockey's gameplay pretty much sums up Halo's

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2004, 10:12:27 PM »
^^i cant believe u just dissed Halo's gameplay.

Halo not being innovative?  When you play the hardest level on Halo...you really have to think and outsmart ur enemies cuz these fuckers are smart.  Never has the AI been so good in a game before than Halo.  

while GTA...ur enemies just shoot at u.

Doggystylin

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2004, 10:19:21 PM »

GTA San Andreas CANNOT compare to Halo 2's graphics...Halo 2's graphics are far superior.

GAMEPLAY.
G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y.. come on say it with me..

LMAO

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2004, 10:41:11 PM »
lol you cant compare these 2 games, there so damn different its not even funny.
Halo is the or one of the best FPS ever made and GTA is so unique and cool, it has better gameplay then halo because its so open ended, u can do so many things,i like em both n the new GTA and Halo 2 are gonna be the or 2 of the best games coming out this year on any system period

you gotta give props to rockstar and bungie for makin 2 very very dope games

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

smerlus

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2004, 10:58:37 PM »
^^i cant believe u just dissed Halo's gameplay.

Halo not being innovative?  When you play the hardest level on Halo...you really have to think and outsmart ur enemies cuz these fuckers are smart.  Never has the AI been so good in a game before than Halo.  

while GTA...ur enemies just shoot at u.

AI has little to do with gameplay...halo is still a fps. you run, hide behind things and shoot...repeat for the next 10 hours

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2004, 06:46:09 AM »
i know it has nothing to do with Gameplay.  I was talking about Halo being innovative, and its innovatice with its AI.  if u think Halo is just about running and shooting and hiding...i feel sorry for you.  It is obvious u havent played Halo in the Legendary or HEroic level.  

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2004, 12:37:21 PM »
i know it has nothing to do with Gameplay.  I was talking about Halo being innovative, and its innovatice with its AI.  if u think Halo is just about running and shooting and hiding...i feel sorry for you.  It is obvious u havent played Halo in the Legendary or HEroic level.  

Finally someone has seen the light.

Montana00

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2004, 12:58:12 PM »
having good ai has little to do with innovation. what us smart people are talking about is something completly different.

How many games take place in the future. where you go to differnt planets and shoot aliens????? well this is hard but ill try to think of some off the top of my head.

doom....that came out like 10 years ago. STAR WARS! wow these are some old games. were not talking about ai or graphics...were talking about the game.

now how many games are like gta? im not talking about those lame ass games that came out after gta (getaway, simpsons hit and run, and true crime)

the answer is no game. GTA innovated the "do whatever you want open area gameplay" im so sick of these geeks coming into a gta thread trying to diss this game when the fact is only 2 people are for halo while the rest of this board thinks gta is a good game. OPEN YOUR EYES ALL TWO OF YOU NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU. Theres probably a scifi star wars forum that likes halo try siging up there and talk with them.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 03:34:55 PM »
Or how about this a forum where people can openly express their opinions on anything they want...so in short terms, go fuck yourself  ;D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2004, 03:54:22 PM »
AI has nothing to do with how innovative a game is? Thats stupid.  If a game comes out with AI that has blown away the competition...it shoudl be noted.

ill stick with my games and u stick with ur male barbie video game

smerlus

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »
AI has nothing to do with how innovative a game is? Thats stupid.  If a game comes out with AI that has blown away the competition...it shoudl be noted.

ill stick with my games and u stick with ur male barbie video game

if you want a game with innovative AI check out Black and White for PC, Seaman for DC, the upcomming Black and White 2....Teaching a computer how you want it to act through a reward system is an innovation in AI technology....squad based tactics in a FPS are not. hell turok 2 for N64 had squad based tactics, it's just that technology has gotten better

JTSimon

« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:46:40 PM by Ace of Base »

smerlus

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2004, 08:36:46 PM »
don't get me on Socom 2.... realistic weapons, realistic sounds, realistic environments..... guy can walk over a PMN take 5 shot gun blasts and a few automatic rounds and still kill a person  ::)