Author Topic: Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?  (Read 643 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I've searched the Web but all I keep seeing is information about the musical. People on this board talk about Sunset several times and I'm really curious to see how it looks like.

Also...pics from Crenshaw Boulevard and Mainstreet (where IV Life is from) would be appreciated.

It's just outta curiosity 8)

Thanks in advance.

Leggy Hendrix

Re:Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 02:21:13 AM »
found this on the web...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 03:22:08 AM »
you cant really get a full picture of sunset boulevard because it extends all the way from downtown towards the rich areas like beverly hills or bel aire(fresh prince). but when most people talk about sunset, they are referring to a short 2 mile strip, where the hollywood stars frequently go to for the hottest bars and clubs. this is the hottest spot in california hands down. on weekend nights, you can find thousands of people walkin around 2am, people are flossin their new rides, the flyest chicks be on the stroll.. its just crazy.. its the epitome of california lifestyle, definitely my favorite place of california. the strip is kinda tucked away in the hollywood hills, so all the parking lots that are located off the strip have incredible views of the los angeles city.. this is the only place i would get into traffic on purpose, on weekend nights, there is bumper to bumper traffic, and often times it takes about an hour to get through the 2 mile strip, i was ridin next to dj quik's homie Amir one time on sunset.

2pac - "late night down Sunset, likin the scene"

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Streets/SunsetStrip.shtml
this should pretty much cover everything you would need to know about it.. they give you a lot of interesting facts about the clubs/bars if you click on the underlined ones.. one of the most interesting ones is the johnny depp owned viper club, which phoenix river died of a drug overdose over 10 years ago..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 03:48:23 AM by justin718 »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 05:09:18 AM »
^^^^Thanks for the info & link!

you cant really get a full picture of sunset boulevard because it extends all the way from downtown towards the rich areas like beverly hills or bel aire(fresh prince). but when most people talk about sunset, they are referring to a short 2 mile strip

Oh...I didn't know it was that long. Anyway, is it possible to see some pics of that short 2 mile strip?

(Damn, I just gotta visit Cali once! :) )

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 06:28:49 AM »
(Damn, I just gotta visit Cali once! :) )

Yeah man, you need to just go so you can pick up what it's like.  I dunno that I'd visit Crenshaw, though, lol.  

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 07:07:23 AM »
Yeah man, you need to just go so you can pick up what it's like.  I dunno that I'd visit Crenshaw, though, lol.  

If everything goes as planned, I'm going on a trip to the States in 3 years 8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 03:25:53 PM »
Cali IS the best!, especially LA

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 03:52:11 PM »
Cali IS the best!, especially LA

What happened to "fuck the west"?

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 04:10:14 PM »
I already explained that, remember how long that thread got? go take a look at it.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 12:34:22 PM »
I appreciate the replies...but I still don't have pics (except for one). :-X

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
yea homie......all of cali is tha shit......not just wat the famous L.A rappers talk about.....if u gone visit CALI, take a real tour.....CALI does not just = L.A.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:09:27 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

We Fly High

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 02:59:04 PM »
hrm.. once again its pretty hard to find pictures.. because a camera cant really fit a 2 mile strip into the lens. so each picture can only give you a small part of the strip at each time, which doesnt really represent it properly..
but heres some more pictures

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/california/losangeles/hollywood/
this is a webcam that lets you see live footage from sunset blvd. this doesnt look like the actual strip part though....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:59:53 PM by justin718 »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »
i wana visit compton, i hear its nice this time of the year... :)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 05:51:40 PM »
LOL at Smile, sayin he might not want to visit Crenshaw.

I live right off Crenshaw, in like 30 seconds drivin distance, and I am always drivin there to get wherever I gotta go....it ain't anything like people talk as far as bein violent. Most of the time, it isn't even gangbangers out just hangin on it waitin to bang on people unless you just get unlucky. But Sundays are gettin back to crackin like 96. Night time Saturdays used to be crackin on the Shaw but people were gettin jacked. But Crenshaw is just a main street through South Central and it's rarely any violence on the actual street...now some of the side streets hell yeah, but the cops are always out on the main street.

As far as Main St. it is just a regular street, not really a Major major street like Crenshaw Sunset Western Normandie etc. etc. but it isn't any "hot spots" or anywhere on Main St. that is really like a big attraction or anything that people in L.A. can really point out. They are from Main St. crips which is the crip gang that is located or certain parts of Main St in South Central. So seein pictures of this probably wouldn't do anything but show you regular South Central.

But yeah, Sunset is hot for this two mile part in Hollywood..and suprisingly, gangbangers are ALWAYS deep on there Saturday nights, especially since All Star weekend.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 05:54:21 PM »
yea homie......all of cali is tha shit......not just wat the famous L.A rappers talk about.....if u gone visit CALI, take a real tour.....CALI does not just = L.A.

I feel you. Bad thing about California is that the best/biggest cities are all far as hell, especially like L.A. to San Fran or Oakland, or even Daygo to L.A. And it's all spread out so it's hard to really take a "tour" of California without flyin city to city, because you gonna have to drive thru 7 hours of nothin to get from L.A. to the bay. But I think I'll take a real trip to the Bay maybe when I graduate, and I'm 21, so I can enjoy it all.