Author Topic: Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?  (Read 642 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2004, 03:37:57 AM »
Justin718: thanks for the link & pics
R-Tistic: thanks for the info...I appreciate it!

I didn't know there wasn't much violence on Crenshaw blvd...'cause judging by lyrics from LA rappers, I always assumed that the Shaw wasn't really a place to go to when you're a tourist...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2004, 04:02:24 AM »
I didn't know there wasn't much violence on Crenshaw blvd...'cause judging by lyrics from LA rappers, I always assumed that the Shaw wasn't really a place to go to when you're a tourist...

true, but u can actually walk around in the SC without havin to fear gettin jacked all the time...u shouldn't try to walk the side streets alone at night, but i know places in other countries that are worse. and alot of gang violence don't affect people who are not in gangs

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 05:40:02 AM »
^^^^So actually...all the talk about South Central is a bit exaggerated?

We Fly High

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »
i mean, its not super safe area or nothin, but i mean during the day time you shouldnt have that much to worry about, as long as you keep your business to yourself, and aint doin nothin stupid..

nihgt time might be a different story.. especiallly during the summer.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 10:29:35 AM »
^^^^Oh I see...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 10:53:16 AM »
i mean, its not super safe area or nothin, but i mean during the day time you shouldnt have that much to worry about, as long as you keep your business to yourself, and aint doin nothin stupid..

yeah...at night u gotta avoid side streets and maybe u shouldn't walk around iced up or start shit or sumthin...but really, go to any large city in southern europe and it's basically the same, except u ain't got crips & bloods

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 11:02:15 AM »

Yeah basically..and especially if you are just drivin, you don't have much to worry about unless you stop somewhere and you are too flashy and look like you could get jacked easy. But I'll be strait up, a lot of the talk about South Central isn't really overexaggerated, but it definitely is not like it was from 85-92, and like you see in all the movies. But the rappers do all they can to keep the same image for L.A.

To me, even the hardest hoods that are near Crenshaw usually look relatively nice, aside from some spots in Mid City and the Jungles...but even some spots in Rollin 60s hood look nice, and a lot of spots in Inglewood aside from the bottoms don't look too bad. Doesn't mean that shit doesn't go down...but just to an outsider, if they drove through and didn't see anybody out bangin or whatever, they'd be like "this is really the hood?"

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 12:20:41 PM »
mann, they was talkin bout the same shit on "bowling for columbine" and how white people always have these fears in them about a place like South Central because of what these rappers and the media talk about....Trauma is the perfect example of that....he hasn't been on no real street, and he hasn't been to the middle east, yet, he's quick to assume ridicilous shit about both....

I don't see none of these European cats talkin bout east 14th street in oakland, the murder capital of the nation....or hunters point in frisco, assault capital....why? because these rappers out here ain't mainstream....so u kno how that goes....

THE MEDIA makes the world go round is basically wat my point is.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

We Fly High

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 02:28:05 PM »
yeah most of all that crazy ass gangbangin years were like back in late 80s early 90s... that shits still goin on, but definitely not as intense as back then..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 05:31:46 PM »
mann, they was talkin bout the same shit on "bowling for columbine" and how white people always have these fears in them about a place like South Central because of what these rappers and the media talk about....Trauma is the perfect example of that....he hasn't been on no real street, and he hasn't been to the middle east, yet, he's quick to assume ridicilous shit about both....

I don't see none of these European cats talkin bout east 14th street in oakland, the murder capital of the nation....or hunters point in frisco, assault capital....why? because these rappers out here ain't mainstream....so u kno how that goes....

THE MEDIA makes the world go round is basically wat my point is.

i know east oakland is known for random killings and called the killing fields and prolly much worse than the Crenshaw area but like u said, there's no mainstream acts keepin that image alive

SGV

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 06:53:18 PM »
Yea, L.A. is VERY overexaggerated. Most of the cities in the states are. Like Kill was saying, there's cities in other countries that are much worse. As an example, where my moms is from, Honduras, 18St and Marasalvatrucha are DEEP. Most of their members down there are ex-cons from here who ended up getting deported back. Not only do they have to worry about each other, but they gotta worry about the cops killin' on sight. About 4 days ago, a Prison caught on fire. 102 prisoners died. It's being speculated the Government set that up. It's ruthless out there. They'll slice you for some change. What's poor here in L.A., is actually living good down there. There's no middle class. You're either rich or poor. Hell, bums out here live better than the bums out there. Shit!

So, yea, don't be afraid of Crenshaw etc. Snoop and the rest of these guys just tell stories. Don't get it twisted though, you can get done up if you act stupid, but that's anywhere.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 08:37:28 PM »
Yeah...that is how it is. But if you think about it, it does make sense.

What I thought about was this....true L.A. has crime and gangbangin was wild as fuck and still is out there, but the midwest gangs, although different, are just as lethal. BUT....you know why L.A. gets the "credit" for bein so hard, and bein so gangbanged out and violent? What else is in L.A.? HOLLYWOOD. Meaning that since Hollywood is where most movies are produced, bein that this shit happens right near Hollywood, it's pretty obvious why crips and bloods and L.A. had so many movies compared to Detroit or Chicago where shit is as wild, or wilder. People from Chitown and Down south get at me like "Man, Friday is supposed to be filmed in the hood? That neighborhood look nice!" and it is the truth. Plus gangsta rap started in L.A., so I mean what do you expect.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 04:57:07 AM »
So, yea, don't be afraid of Crenshaw etc. Snoop and the rest of these guys just tell stories. Don't get it twisted though, you can get done up if you act stupid, but that's anywhere.

Thanks to everyone for the advice/opinions, I really appreciate it.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2004, 07:04:19 AM »
To me, even the hardest hoods that are near Crenshaw usually look relatively nice, aside from some spots in Mid City and the Jungles

The Jungle...I remember that name from Training Day. Imperial Courts...is the Jungle only a Blood area?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2004, 01:03:57 AM »
To me, even the hardest hoods that are near Crenshaw usually look relatively nice, aside from some spots in Mid City and the Jungles

The Jungle...I remember that name from Training Day. Imperial Courts...is the Jungle only a Blood area?

Yeah...well Imperial Courts is different, that is in Watts, about 20-25 minutes from the Jungles. The Jungles is that set of projects/apartments that when Denzel went in, it was a griiip of bloods all outside, and he went inside somebody's apartment. They had real bloods out there for that scene, which is very interesting to me. Almost a contradiction...if you can get gangbangers to cooperate in a movie scene, help em out in some kind of positive way as well instead of just glorifying their negativity.