Author Topic: Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?  (Read 645 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Does anyone know where I can see pics of Sunset Boulevard?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2004, 04:14:56 AM »
^^^^Well, I watched Training Day with the commentary track, and the director said he was actually hoping that the figurants (the Bloods and the little kids who were on the set) would be inspired to also do something with movies or acting. So maybe it wasn't so bad at all...

Still...like you said, it's crazy to see those real Bloods, not just some actors they hired.
Btw...I saw Colors (DVD) in a store the other day, but I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if it's really worth the money. Have you seen it?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2004, 04:24:28 AM »
Yea, L.A. is VERY overexaggerated. Most of the cities in the states are. Like Kill was saying, there's cities in other countries that are much worse. As an example, where my moms is from, Honduras, 18St and Marasalvatrucha are DEEP. Most of their members down there are ex-cons from here who ended up getting deported back. Not only do they have to worry about each other, but they gotta worry about the cops killin' on sight. About 4 days ago, a Prison caught on fire. 102 prisoners died. It's being speculated the Government set that up. It's ruthless out there. They'll slice you for some change. What's poor here in L.A., is actually living good down there. There's no middle class. You're either rich or poor. Hell, bums out here live better than the bums out there. Shit!

So, yea, don't be afraid of Crenshaw etc. Snoop and the rest of these guys just tell stories. Don't get it twisted though, you can get done up if you act stupid, but that's anywhere.

yeah. And Atlanta, Georgia e.g., the whole city including all areas got a higher crime rate than Compton.

I think the worst places in the world are south american slums/favelas. Crenshaw looks like hick ass suburbia compared to a brazilian favela...that's the places where ure gonna get killed randomly by a 9 year old kid for small change or ur kidneys

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2004, 01:51:09 PM »
^^^^Well, I watched Training Day with the commentary track, and the director said he was actually hoping that the figurants (the Bloods and the little kids who were on the set) would be inspired to also do something with movies or acting. So maybe it wasn't so bad at all...

Still...like you said, it's crazy to see those real Bloods, not just some actors they hired.
Btw...I saw Colors (DVD) in a store the other day, but I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if it's really worth the money. Have you seen it?

Personally, I HATE Colors. Not only because of the gang scenes, but because of the Nationwide effect it had on young kids thinkin gangbangin was "cool." What I hate is how they show the gangs shootin each other up, but don't really give you any kind of background, and at the end, nothing really happens. It's like the story line tries to act as if the gangs themselves aren't a problem. They have a scene with adults in a Church talkin about stoppin gangs, but other than that, it isn't anywhere as deep as somethin like Menace II Society. Menace isn't a positive movie at all, but it does let you see why a lot of kids start bangin, and how they might appear to be hard on the outside but they all want a way out of it, but they are trapped. Colors will just show some crips drivin by shootin up some bloods, and not say why they are shootin, or anything else. So fuck that movie.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2004, 11:53:24 AM »
^^^^Hmmmm...might not be a bad idea to rent the movie after all...Thanks for the review.