Author Topic: Baseball > Every other Sport  (Read 879 times)

smerlus

Re:Baseball > Every other Sport
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 10:44:06 AM »
"Baseball is dull only to those with dull minds."

seeing as the actual playing time in a major league baseball games which lasts two and a half hours has been clocked at 9 minutes and 55 seconds... you have to have an active mind to watch such a boring game

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 12:48:20 PM »
i do like baseball but its not the best....but its a cool sport....just not as exciting as basketball.....but its a cool sport

hector

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 01:49:51 PM »

seeing as the actual playing time in a major league baseball games which lasts two and a half hours has been clocked at 9 minutes and 55 seconds... you have to have an active mind to watch such a boring game

yeah when you are throwing a ball 90+ MPH, thats a lot of pitches in just under 10 minutes, considering it takes a split second for that pitch to reach home plate.  Baseball takes by far more skill than both football and basketball.  LIke dude said, baseball is dull to those with dull minds.  There can be absolutely no hesitation when batting in baseball, or when making a defensive play.  There is so much to baseball, but most people will never understand.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »
lmao I don't care what anyone says you NEED far more athletic ability to play football than baseball.
Football has already taken over the role as Americas pasttime.

smerlus

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 02:43:55 PM »

yeah when you are throwing a ball 90+ MPH, thats a lot of pitches in just under 10 minutes, considering it takes a split second for that pitch to reach home plate.  Baseball takes by far more skill than both football and basketball.  LIke dude said, baseball is dull to those with dull minds.  There can be absolutely no hesitation when batting in baseball, or when making a defensive play.  There is so much to baseball, but most people will never understand.

yeah i agree, it's harder to throw a baseball fast in a straight line then to throw a football to a reciever when there's a line of 300 pound guys ready to crush you and some 200 pound guys ready to crush the person you're giving the ball to, not to mention that you have to trust the person you're passing to to do the play exactly the way you think it's going to go no matter what the opposition does.

and since the majority of outs in baseball come from pop fly's and such, it must be hard to sit and wait for a ball to come to you in that sun....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 03:53:34 PM »
yea its real hard to LEARN the strike zone , to LEARN the opposing pitchers best pitches, or to learn the batters weakness or hot spots.  See in baseball....it takes skill to get u there but it takes studying and working hard to make u become a SOLID player in baseball.  

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 03:57:37 PM »
yea its real hard to LEARN the strike zone , to LEARN the opposing pitchers best pitches, or to learn the batters weakness or hot spots.  See in baseball....it takes skill to get u there but it takes studying and working hard to make u become a SOLID player in baseball.  
same with basketball.....skill will get you there....but studying adjusting to the opponents weeknesses and so forth will make you a solid great player........same thing is applied....not to take away from baseball...but they are two different type of sports....

smerlus

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 03:58:52 PM »
in football you have to learn the whole opposing team's strength and weaknesses because the majority of them are able to put in work on you....

but i can see how having to remember a few pitching styles is much more difficult

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 04:15:14 PM »
This thread is a matter of opinion.. more people watch Football than Baseball and more Baseball than Basketball. I havent peeped ONE NBA playoff game yet. I only follow the Celtics...When there season is over I don't watch no more. I do watch a good amount of Red Sox games..But to me Patriots games are way more exciting especially when your team goes 17-2

pappy

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2004, 04:18:05 PM »
in football you have to learn the whole opposing team's strength and weaknesses because the majority of them are able to put in work on you....

but i can see how having to remember a few pitching styles is much more difficult

please dont speak on baseball n/c u have no fucking clue what so ever about baseball

smerlus

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 04:58:50 PM »

please dont speak on baseball n/c u have no fucking clue what so ever about baseball

so which pro team do you play for?

in that case get off my nuts

pappy

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 05:09:48 PM »

so which pro team do you play for?

in that case get off my nuts

ok so by your reasoning what pro football team do play for... shut the fuck up now

smerlus

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2004, 05:14:47 PM »
where did i say you couldn't talk about football...talk yourself into another corner

and i find it hardly ironic that you idolize a person that most believe to be the reason the mafia lost most of it's power in america

Two fuck ups under one screen name

pappy

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2004, 05:22:58 PM »
where did i say you couldn't talk about football...talk yourself into another corner

and i find it hardly ironic that you idolize a person that most believe to be the reason the mafia lost most of it's power in america

Two fuck ups under one screen name

first off i meant what pro football team do you play for since u seem to kno so much about football.  also lets get one thing straight about the mafia,  the mafia is still has just as much power as it did.  just b/c it aint in the light no more dont mean shit buddy.

pappy

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2004, 05:24:22 PM »
oh yea if ya wanna say gotti didnt kno what he was doing,  who was an still is the only mobster to ever beat a RICO case.  an wtf does john gotti gotta do with this thread.  thats alright just stray off topic
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 05:26:01 PM by Tom Gotti »