Author Topic: you know what i don't understand about NASCAR  (Read 229 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
you know what i don't understand about NASCAR
« on: May 21, 2004, 11:58:57 PM »
aright  maybe i'm missing something here but why do all the cars used in nascar either...

Ford Taurus
Chevy Monte Carlo
Pontiac Grand Prix

???

out of all the cars in these company's line ups.....why do they choose to race out fucking family sedans?

the monte carlo and grand prix used to be fast cars, like way back in the day before my mom had her first period. but now WTF

how come it's not l

Ford: Mustang Cobra
Chevy: Camaro/Corvette
Pontiac: GTO

maybe i'm just missing something because i don't watch NASCAR, but damn why??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:you know what i don't understand about NASCAR
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 12:33:03 AM »
the body shape?

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 07:46:53 AM »
Don't be mistaken, man...Grand Prix's (GTP's at least) are still pretty fast.  Not as fast as alot of other cars out there which are known for speed, but those Grand Prix GTP's can move...especially the brand new ones that just came out.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 08:35:18 AM »
it doesnt really matter what kind of car they choose they could choose a Geo metro and make it go 200MPH

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 10:59:21 AM »
Its mainly based on body shape, just look at a new monte carlo and the monte carlo that you see in nascar races, they are very similar.  It is also a way for them to advertise their cars. It would make no sense to represent their fastest most expensive cars because the average fan couldnt afford one. And btw pontiac isnt in nascar anymore, its chevy,dodge,and ford.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 11:22:56 AM »
you know what I dont understand about nascar?

how ANYONE can watch it... jesus christ... its a CIRCLE, WTF.. its a bunch of cars, going around in a circle... sometimes they crash, and if i see it on Sportcenter, i laugh... but... wtf... seems like the only people that watch it are drunk rednecks.... and if any of you watch it, please explain to me WHY!!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 11:26:58 AM »
you know what I dont understand about nascar?

how ANYONE can watch it... jesus christ... its a CIRCLE, WTF.. its a bunch of cars, going around in a circle... sometimes they crash, and if i see it on Sportcenter, i laugh... but... wtf... seems like the only people that watch it are drunk rednecks.... and if any of you watch it, please explain to me WHY!!

Yeah they do race on a hell of lot of ovals. If they only had like a couple of rounds of ovals and then raced on some proper circuits lile Laguna Seca, Montreal, Long Beach, Phoneix for the rest of the series then I think it would be a lot more exciting.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 09:55:30 PM »
Don Jacob... it's called "Stock" car racing.  The original races and for years, the races involved just that: a stock car.  To this day, you can't race a car that can't be bought in full production... now you could race a mustang, yes, but there are length, width, heigth, weight, etc. requirements... all of the cars have to be nearly identical.  All of the engines can only be modified within certain perameters... In the 60's, that's why muscle cars (particularly the ones made by Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler) came into existance, the manufacturers needed production cars, so Dodge made things like the Charger and the Superbee.  Tighter restrictions and stricter rules meant that eventually they settled down into what they have now, and they keep the Monte Carlo, etc. mainly for tradition more than it being the fastest car.  They can't race a corvette, for instance, because it doesn't fit the parameters of the other cars on the track, so anybody driving a chevy would have an unfair advantage.  However, if you've all got Chevy Monte Carlo's, and they all have to be the same size, and have the same perameters for engine modifications, the person that wins is going to be the best driver, not the fastest car.  The race is based around Human skill, as opposed to Mechanical skill.  Whoever has the best driver, the best crew chief, the best car techs, and the best pit crew, is going to be the one to win.

How can you watch them drive around in circles? Go to a race, you'll find out.  

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 07:37:27 AM »
I don't get it. And I cnnot see why anyone would want ot be a NASCAR driver because all of their races are in the south meaing that it's going to get pretty hot during the summer. And NASCAR drivers have to wear all of those layers of clothing and driver around in a circle for sometime 500 laps which can equal 4-5 hours driving in a circle.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 04:48:24 PM »
Las Vegas
Fontana,CA
Dover,DE
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Sonoma, CA
Illinois
New Hampshire
Indianapolis
New York
Kansas
Phoenix

Races that are not in the south. lol....think about it they gotta race in the summer because if they dont...how the are they gonna race when its snowing or raining?

JTSimon

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
you know what i don't understand about NASCAR

Why 100,000 people show up each week?

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 12:46:28 PM »
Las Vegas
Fontana,CA
Dover,DE
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Sonoma, CA
Illinois
New Hampshire
Indianapolis
New York
Kansas
Phoenix

Races that are not in the south. lol....think about it they gotta race in the summer because if they dont...how the are they gonna race when its snowing or raining?

California has the hot weather in the summer. Phoenix is the south because if you notice Arizona is on the border of Mexico. Kansas is considered by some people to be a southern state. And Las Vegas, do you know how hot it gets in LV in the summer? It can be up to 100(F) sometimes throughout the summer. Those cities didn't really help your case. And most of the races are in Florida or the Carolinas.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 03:56:25 PM »
i understnad what ur saying bout the weather...i was just stating the races that are not in the south

But is there another time of the year where they can race and be in cool conditions?

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 09:15:11 PM »
So lemme get this straight.  You don't understand why they would want to race, becuase they might get hot.  Have you ever seen a soccer, rugby, football, or baseball game?  You know, where the object is to run around in the fucking sun all day long.  

Here, i'll make it easy for you.  They want to be race drivers so they can win a fuckload of money.