Author Topic: New Nintendo Console  (Read 184 times)

smerlus

New Nintendo Console
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:21:53 PM »
Nintendo announcing next-gen console at 2005 E3

Japanese game giant is planning to unveil the GameCube's successor at next year’s E3.
TOKYO--Dispelling any lingering doubts that its is bowing out of the console race, Nintendo announced today that it will show off its unnamed, next-generation console at the 2005 E3. Talking reporters at an Osaka press conference, Nintendo's senior managing director Yoshihiro Mori stated, "[We] plan to unveil the next generation console succeeding the GameCube at next year's E3 during the spring".

Nintendo also revealed its sales outlook for its forthcoming Nintendo DS at the press conference. The company hopes to ship 3.5 million units of its portable dual screen game machine, by March 31, 2005. Nintendo expects to ship 15 million units of game software for the DS by the same date. By comparison, the GBA sold 17.6 million units in during the company's last fiscal year, of which 15 million were GBA SPs.

Nintendo may face another obstacle in its DS goals, as the electronics market overall is suffering from a shortage of the LCD screens needed to complete the device.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:New Nintendo Console
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:38:04 PM »
Seems too early to me, but i guess it'll still be a while before i get my hands on it. Whatever the fuck it is.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 05:32:34 PM »
Sony and X box have already spoken about theirs, too, this is just an 'official' acknowledgement that Nintendo is also working on a next gen.  I think they're going to try and beat Sony & Microsoft out of the gate with it, because the PS3 and the Next Box are supposedly not coming out till 2006, or even 2007.  Nintendo's beating Sony's PSX out of the gate by 6 months, even though the PSX was announced a year before the Nintendo DS, so I think Nintendo's going to start making a run for it and attempt to get back some of their market share.  

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 06:10:56 PM »
i think there going to do the same as the cube.

sell millions of units, but still not as many as sony and microsucks will