Author Topic: Anyone watching the Ronald Reagan farewell?  (Read 210 times)

mrtonguetwista

Anyone watching the Ronald Reagan farewell?
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:06:33 PM »
Just seeing Nancy is enough to move you. :'(

JTSimon

Re:Anyone watching the Ronald Reagan farewell?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 03:40:55 PM »
lol she got a big dome  ;D

lol@10 year old kids crying makes me laugh.

Woodrow

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 03:50:09 PM »
But they are 10 year old kids...they don't know who Reagan is  ;D

I'm not a president I can laugh all I want...I can careless about Ronald Reagan.

Anyways did you see those retard American people taking photographs/video tapping the funeral procession...that's really wack.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 03:51:32 PM by Kain »

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 03:55:29 PM »
fuck ronald reagan.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Montana00

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 04:13:16 PM »
we got some sick fuckers on this board.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 04:17:26 PM »
we got some sick fuckers on this board.

hell yeah.  anyone crying over that bastard ron reagan is sick.  call a spade a fucking spade and be done with it.  fuck ronald reagan.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 04:17:48 PM by nibs »

DAYUM

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 04:31:36 PM »
lmao@ the kids crying i understand that

but fuck those who say fuck regan he was a good man in my book my grandma respected him as a president and as a actor.

Montana00

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 04:41:26 PM »
im guessing nibs is on welfare

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 05:09:56 PM »
im guessing nibs is on welfare

lol!  nothing i have accomplished has anything to do with that bastard.  i owe nothing to that bastard.

people are sticking up for this guy, but jut look at is track record.  this guy is basically a fucking war criminal that also supported class warfare and seemingly racist policies domestically.  fuck his life.  fuck his legacy.

i only wish that that bastard had died much sooner (like 30 years sooner), and suffered much more.  something like being tortured to death in vietnam would have been fitting.  that bastard gets no respect this way.

fuck ronald reagan.

and we don't need to go back and forth on this one.  because if i'm willing to trash this bastard posthumously, how do you think i feel about anyone that supported that bastard?  so we can leave it at that.

fuck ronald reagan.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:18:28 PM by nibs »

Montana00

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 05:52:57 PM »
Im not gonna even bother arguing over this. Hes obviously a young person, who doesnt know anything about whats going on in the world.  

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 07:52:08 PM »

Fuck Reagan's legacy....but R.I.P regardless, seeing Nancy on TV was really moving, god bless her and the rest of the Reagan family....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 08:14:14 PM »
I saw a bit on the TV @ the bar at work but I had to stop watching, too emotional.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 02:23:52 PM »
I haven't said much about Reagan, but I'll gift yall with my thoughts.  I don't care if they sound melodramatic, they are what they are, and that's the kind of person I am.

The U.S. was in shitty shape in 81 when Reagan took office, there was a depression going on, there was the threat of a Cold War that had been growing basically since the end of the 2nd world war, Communism was on the march around the globe, etc. and America felt like it had rough times ahead... Jimmy Carter was telling everyone to "turn down the thermostat and put on a sweater" (saying that there was nothing to do to fix the rough times, we would just have to ride them out)... Along came Ronald Reagan, who was an eternal optimist.  I won't get much into his politics because almost all of you are fucking democrats, but Reagan famously had his 'Reagan Democrats', Democrats who were tired of the negative tone the world was casting on the people of America, and tired of weak presidents who had Congress questioning if maybe the job of President was too great for 1 man.  Along comes Reagan, telling everyone that America was a shining City on a hill, and acting, standing, looking everybit the man you would expect to be running the world.  He was a normal guy, he knew how to relate to people, and nearly ALL of America loved him.  Even when he disagreed with people, he did so with respect and never had a bad word for anybody, something I myself find impossible.  I can't stand ignorant people, but Reagan not only tolerated them, he made them love him.  They say in the capitol, you could always tell if Ronnie was headed that way, because you'd hear people in the hallway laughing.  He always had a quip or a joke or a nice word to people, had a beautiful smile, and everyone around him couldn't help but grin when they saw him.  
    Contrast that with the perception the rest of the world had with him.  He was determined to end communism, something no other president would be bold enough to attempt, and something others didn't even believe possible.  He of course didn't do it singlehandedly, but without him, it never would have happened.  World leaders everywhere thought he was just crazy enough to blow the shit out of them with nuclear weapons if they didn't bow to his will, and he got shit handled.  He said he was going to do something, and he did it.  When the air traffic controllers threatened to strike in America, Reagan simply fired them all.  He stood behind what he believed in, and never wavered, even when others thought he was wrong, and when he left office, he had done every fucking thing he said he was going to do, and hadn't shot a bullet, and hadn't said a cross word to 1 person.  If that's not the definition of a fucking GREAT man, I don't know what is.

When he developed alzheimers, he told the world, and warned us what would happen.  10 years later, he passed away quietly at 93 fucking years old.  

They say, and if you don't want to believe this, then I pray for your soul; his daughter said that although he hadn't recognized anyone for years, when he took his last breath, he opened his eyes, which had been shut for 5 days, and stared at Nancy with a recognition and Love for her strength and sacrifice for him that words can't even describe.  Eyes that had been cloudy and away for years, and shut for 5 days; he somehow from somewhere got the strength to open his eyes one last time, clear, kind, blue, and stare lovingly at his wife whom he hadn't recognized in years, as a thank you, one last effort for the person that meant the most to him in the world he owned.

The greatest thing I take away from having experienced the enigma that is Ronaldus Maximus, is the love story between him and his wife.  She is ONE HELL of a woman to stand by his side all that time, never complain, and be with him for 10 long years of this disease.  I'm not the only one, either, you could see the love and respect, and the fucking ALL OUT CLASS this woman has in the entire funeral yesterday.  They were lucky to have each other, and I'm sure powers greater than me will reward their committment some day.