Author Topic: usher confessions (late post)  (Read 154 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
usher confessions (late post)
« on: June 10, 2004, 08:18:55 PM »
can anyone tell em if this album is any good? i consider an r & b album good if it doesn't have any corny songs....please tell me there's no corny songs.

PLANT

Re:usher confessions (late post)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 03:34:21 AM »
The album is dope.  Im not huge into R&B but this album did appeal to me.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 04:21:22 AM »
If you like Burn... the whole album is kind of like that. It's nothing like Yeah.

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »
If you like Burn... the whole album is kind of like that. It's nothing like Yeah.

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 04:53:10 AM »
I gotta say though that almost all of the leftovers from that album like Dot Com, Confessions Part 1 and Red Light are better than every song on the album.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 04:53:47 AM by mauzip »

West C. Connected

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 07:39:46 AM »
I only like Usher's commercial songs (Yeah, U-Turn, Bad Girl etc.), I don't like his slow songs, but that's because I don't like Usher a lot.

teecee

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 11:27:29 AM »
What do you mean you dont like "corny"?  That shit is in the eye of the beholder.....me, i think YEAH is horribly corny, but i still felt it at first.

If you liked Usher's last album (an R&B classic) then you will be disappointed in this one........ya, the singles are great on this album (Yeah, COnfessions 2, Burn) but after that there isnt a lot of great songs.  Throwback produced by Just Blaze is actually one of the better songs on the album, a very tasteful track.  

People that never liked R&B before (Pino Gemini) likely were drawn to this album by the single with Luda and Lil John, and the rest of the album is nothing like that, at all

West C. Connected

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 11:57:10 AM »
I liked Throw Back after a while, but I still think it's more of a rap beat than an R&B beat.

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 01:45:15 PM »

People that never liked R&B before (Pino Gemini) likely were drawn to this album by the single with Luda and Lil John, and the rest of the album is nothing like that, at all

I actually never really bumped Yeah and enjoyed most of the other tracks on the album.  Throwback, Confessions 2, Burn, Superstar, Truth Hurts, Simple Things, Bad Girl & Take your Hand were all dope tracks IMO.  I thought this album was pretty good.