Author Topic: Got my overall college results ya'll!  (Read 421 times)

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Got my overall college results ya'll!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 01:06:03 PM »
 8)

teecee

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 01:08:05 PM »
Hey Skinner, what job do you hold that is so great? I say props to Bez, for most of us an education is very important in helping us pursue a career we are interested in.  If you are able to get such a great position without it, good for you man.   All i know is i would not give up my 5 years of university for nothing, not for millions of dollars.  I had a great time, met a wonderful girl (my fiance), made a lot of good friends, partied ALOT, and it was a good transition between grade school  and the real world.   You say you are enjoying your life while you are young, but i know my friends who didnt go to university were quite jealous of thhe lifestyle i lead while going to university.  Living in residence on a floor with 15 GIRLS, and a bunch of guys who loved playing sports and partying.  I cant really explain it, but i hardly think i missed out.  If you have a good gig, thats all good. Besides, its not all about money.  And seriously, i went to school with guts that make a hell of a lot more money than you do skinner.  AS for me, i am a teacher, not the best paying job on the world but respectable, and combine that with my girl who has a year left b4 shes a dentist, and i m alright.  

I-Yoof

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 01:19:01 PM »
Hey Skinner, what job do you hold that is so great? I say props to Bez, for most of us an education is very important in helping us pursue a career we are interested in.  If you are able to get such a great position without it, good for you man.   All i know is i would not give up my 5 years of university for nothing, not for millions of dollars.  I had a great time, met a wonderful girl (my fiance), made a lot of good friends, partied ALOT, and it was a good transition between grade school  and the real world.   You say you are enjoying your life while you are young, but i know my friends who didnt go to university were quite jealous of thhe lifestyle i lead while going to university.  Living in residence on a floor with 15 GIRLS, and a bunch of guys who loved playing sports and partying.  I cant really explain it, but i hardly think i missed out.  If you have a good gig, thats all good. Besides, its not all about money.  And seriously, i went to school with guts that make a hell of a lot more money than you do skinner.  AS for me, i am a teacher, not the best paying job on the world but respectable, and combine that with my girl who has a year left b4 shes a dentist, and i m alright.  

You've got to see the difference in college in the UK and college in America. College in the UK is like school only with a slightly less rules. You don't move away from home and the qualifications you get put you on hardly any higher ground then you are without them.

bez

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 01:21:52 PM »
Manchester? No mate, I've got more then one brain cell. Yorkshire and proud. And I am doing something with my life, enjoying it while I'm in my youth. By christmas time this year I will be settled down in a very respectable job earning a good little pay package. You can slave away in education, maybe even go onto University, come out the other end and get a job thats on less pay then me. I hope you don't and end up doing well for yourself, you make me cringe enough that it makes me laugh.

;D

From the shire arrre ya, well you little hobbit let me just say, YOU TALK SHHHHIT!  YOu said you did my couse and you didn't like it so you quit, well I didn't really like it but I stuck it out and now I am going on to do something dope in uni that will hopefully let me be what I wanna be in life.  End of the day you might be working a ok job with ok pay for now but talk to me in 3 years when my uni course is over and we'll see who's laughing then.  You'll be bored of your shitty job, your pay will of hardly gone up, you'll still be talking shit while I will be on my way to fully achieving the job of my dreams.  Laugh it up while you can quitter, hope you can buy yourself a new fucking personality with your Christmas bonus you fucking hunch!

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 01:30:28 PM »
Manchester? No mate, I've got more then one brain cell. Yorkshire and proud. And I am doing something with my life, enjoying it while I'm in my youth. By christmas time this year I will be settled down in a very respectable job earning a good little pay package. You can slave away in education, maybe even go onto University, come out the other end and get a job thats on less pay then me. I hope you don't and end up doing well for yourself, you make me cringe enough that it makes me laugh.

;D

From the shire arrre ya, well you little hobbit let me just say, YOU TALK SHHHHIT!  YOu said you did my couse and you didn't like it so you quit, well I didn't really like it but I stuck it out and now I am going on to do something dope in uni that will hopefully let me be what I wanna be in life.  End of the day you might be working a ok job with ok pay for now but talk to me in 3 years when my uni course is over and we'll see who's laughing then.  You'll be bored of your shitty job, your pay will of hardly gone up, you'll still be talking shit while I will be on my way to fully achieving the job of my dreams.  Laugh it up while you can quitter, hope you can buy yourself a new fucking personality with your Christmas bonus you fucking hunch!

no, no, no, Bez you mean Douche... "You fucking douche." like that.

-KIDRENEGADE-

I-Yoof

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2004, 01:40:08 PM »

Talk to you in three years eh? I'll do exactly that then pal - and we'll see whos laughing. You'll have to put up with a bunch of workshy middle class faggots that let daddy pay for everything and you will feel well out of place. Trust me its pointless unless you have your eyes set on a particular job and you need the qualification to get it (even though in 3 years time it will probably change). You'll have to work the first years of your new "dream" job solely paying off your debts. Oh and if you have the chance to come to Sheffield Uni - take it. I'll even show you round.

What happened to going out for a few drinks eh? Mates bail out on you?

West C. Connected

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2004, 01:53:06 PM »
 8)

For:

Bez for having such good college results. Dickhead.
KIDRenegade for not having bad results. Dickhead.
MikeSinner for not having a life. Douchehead.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2004, 07:45:21 PM »
good stuff bez, you can be happy with those marks!!

JTSimon

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2004, 11:41:45 PM »
Congrads Bez...can you explain the grading system a little  ??? :D

The Watcher

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2004, 02:58:31 AM »
nice marks, just a bad course

I never went to uni and i'm stuck in IT. I would've done somethin useful I guess, nice marks anyhow.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2004, 04:23:15 AM »
not bad bez 8)

bez

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2004, 05:51:39 AM »
Congrads Bez...can you explain the grading system a little  ??? :D

Sure man, the course is split over 2 years into about 21 Units.  The highest mark you can get for a unit overall is a Distinction, then Merit and then Pass.  Each unit has about 3 assignments, therefore to get a distinction in each unit ya need to get all the pass marks, merit marks and distinction marks on each assignment for the unit.  Therefore you could say I have done about 21 assignment and achieved full marks on all of em.  Most people on the course aimed for the Pass marks with the assignments so when they got the assignment all they had to do was like (P1 and P2) for the first assignment, (P3 and P4) for the second and then P5 for the third and they would end up with a pass overall for the unit.  But because I was aiming for distinctions that means I had to get like (P1 and P2, M1 and M2, and D1) on the first assignment, (P3 and P4, M3 and M4, and D2) on the second, and third (P5, M5 and D3) to get a distinction overall, so you can imagine how much effort and work I have done over the past 2 years.  Basically Pass, Merit, and Distinction are the marks you can get.

JTSimon

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2004, 08:14:20 AM »
Coo thanks.

West C. Connected

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2004, 08:30:11 AM »
There's nothing lower than Pass?? ???

bez

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2004, 08:33:43 AM »
There's nothing lower than Pass?? ???

Refer and Fail.  Refer means you dont get a pass but have the oppertunity to re-do your assignment, fail means that you just straight up fail it.