You think the West gon' Ressurect?

Yes
23 (50%)
No
15 (32.6%)
Maybe
8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Will the West come back  (Read 815 times)

jagen

• Lil Geezy
  • What Part Of The Game Is That?
Re:Will the West come back
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 03:28:46 AM »
Rap is dead commercially.  There won't be a 'coming back' people are gonna switch to some new shit.  

To True! Everything on Tv Aint even hip hop it's jst aload of rnb and shit. all fake ass rapper's selling out.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Will the West come back
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 04:48:17 AM »
not within the next 5 years
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Okka

Re: Will the West come back
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 12:57:43 PM »
I hope...If Game releases a good album, Crooked I releases a good album and if Hittman woul drop a album...BTW what label is Hittman on...

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 01:55:16 PM »
It's the shit.  East coast is to choppy.  People will get sick of the ec beats and start listenin' to wc soon.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 02:11:14 PM »
It will come back at some point, it will be the "trend" just like Lil Jon is now.  The Game will not help the West at all if he doens't have a grip of West Coast appearances on his CD.  Otherwise, its just a cat from Compton catering to the East, it does nothing for the West.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 02:28:51 PM »
You can't really expect a change over night, but I can tell people want to hear something different. I thoroughly hate the radio, but I'm forced to listen to it at work, and yesterday was the first time I didn't mind it being on. In Minneapolis, there are only clear channel and radio one rap stations, so you can guess it's not a very good market, but lately they have been playing some different stuff than the top 40 from time to time.

But to be honest, the ONLY way for the west to come back is to get some featured artists from the east. New York is the biggest market in the US, and without them, no artist will really sell. And unfortunately, we all know most of them have a bias about west coast shit.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 01:22:24 AM »
Once they get Lil Jon producing their shit  8)
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2004, 04:56:47 PM »
Once they get Lil Jon producing their shit  8)

I hope that's a joke because I'm from the south and I hate Lil Jon.

I hope west can make some sort of comeback though but it's not looking good right now. :(

mamlook

• Lil Geezy
  • A Phawk Ni99a
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2004, 04:07:13 AM »
^^ haha

I was jus talking about this..I think the south like lil jon n em gonna steal the show for a while but the west prolly make a come-back after that.

By the way, alotta ya'll dunno lil jon and the eastside boyz CAN RAP...dey were not bad back n the dayz with their album get crunk who u wit...I dont know what happend though  ::)
~Im from Miami, a city wit no hills its flat, but our women make up fo that~

IIVII II //-\\ IIVII II

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004, 09:52:59 AM »
As long as we have Big Don Seer with DUBCC, and websites like WCRydaz, WCA, Westcoast2k, Dubcnn keeping us updated with the latest news, anything is possible.

If we lost those 5 websites, the only Westcoast music we would hear about would be whats on MTV. Real talk, because the internet is still the only source for good, underground, commercial wescoast releases.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.