Author Topic: What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?  (Read 638 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2004, 06:27:40 PM »
you can't compare the two songs. they're from different times with different expectations with different reactions. rap wasn't all that big when cali love dropped. rap is the biggest seller today. you gotta remember pac played a huge part in making what rap is today. he helped bring rap to the masses. there would be no 'in da club' if it wasn't for pac.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2004, 11:35:39 PM »
A lot of you are not answering the real question or looking to deep into it.  If you want to know what the "bigger" song is, it's "In Da Club", no question.

If someone knows where to find the Billboard archives check the Top 100 and see cause I know "In Da Club" was more popular.

I wasn't old enough to be in the clubs in '96 when "California Love" was popular but I doubt it had the longevity "In Da Club" had, I still hear that song atleast every other time I go to the bar/club and I can't say that for "California Love".
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

West C. Connected

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2004, 05:47:29 AM »
A lot of you are not answering the real question or looking to deep into it.  If you want to know what the "bigger" song is, it's "In Da Club", no question.

If someone knows where to find the Billboard archives check the Top 100 and see cause I know "In Da Club" was more popular.

I wasn't old enough to be in the clubs in '96 when "California Love" was popular but I doubt it had the longevity "In Da Club" had, I still hear that song atleast every other time I go to the bar/club and I can't say that for "California Love".

I can. :-\

teecee

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2004, 12:54:09 PM »
Someone said that one of the reasons In Da Club was so popular was because of the controversy surrounding 50?  Man, only 12-16 year olds give a fuck if someone has been shot, to others it doesnt make an artist better or worse.  Fact is, IN DA CLUB's beat, while very simple, was incredible.  Combined with the extremely elementary yet amazingly catchy hook, and you have got one of the biggest rap hits ever.   Still, i dont think it touches California Love, people will NEVER tire of that song, it HAS stood the test of time.   Put that on ANYWHERE, people go crazy.  

teecee

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 12:58:10 PM »
Someone said that one of the reasons In Da Club was so popular was because of the controversy surrounding 50?  Man, only 12-16 year olds give a fuck if someone has been shot, to others it doesnt make an artist better or worse.  Fact is, IN DA CLUB's beat, while very simple, was incredible.  Combined with the extremely elementary yet amazingly catchy hook, and you have got one of the biggest rap hits ever.   Still, i dont think it touches California Love, people will NEVER tire of that song, it HAS stood the test of time.   Put that on ANYWHERE, people go crazy.  And i dont remember ever getting sick of Cali Love, which cant be said for In Da Club.

Sure, In Da Club sold a lot of records for 50 cent, but the game IS different.  Whats My Name sold just as many first week records for Snoop(a couple thousand less) , and i would go as far as to say Whats My Name> In Da Club

And as someone else said, people are sick of 50's joint and dont really hear In Da Club anymore.....great song though, even if i do hate 50, it is one of the best singles and club songs ever