Author Topic: X Men 3 news  (Read 176 times)

Thirteen

X Men 3 news
« on: March 23, 2005, 06:10:21 AM »
Vaughn Directing X-Men 3
Exclusive: Is the Danger Room in it?

March 22, 2005 - Variety has confirmed that Matthew Vaughn is the director of X-Men 3. The trade also says Hugh Jackman is locked to reprise his role as Wolverine, and Ian McKellen, Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart are all in talks to return as Magneto, Storm and Professor X, respectively.

Variety says most of the cast of the first two films are expected to return. Filming is still slated to begin in early summer for a May 26, 2006 release. The script is by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg.

IGN FilmForce's secret X3 source advised us that Anna Paquin is signed to return as Rogue and that the Danger Room will finally be seen. Our insider reiterated that a male Angel will be in X3, along with Beast and Gambit. They also denied that the Sentinels will be in X3, as was reported yesterday at XMenFilms.net. Our source, however, refused to comment on the site's other claim that the film's villain will be Dr. Bolivar Trask.

Trask first appeared in 1965's X-Men #14. In the comics, Trask was the creator of the Sentinels (giant mutant-killing robots). Since our source says the Sentinels are not in X3, might Trask be altered for the film much as X2's William Stryker was from his comic book counterpart?

The Marvel Directory reminds us that anthropologist Trask "also demonstrated considerable talent in the areas of biophysics, cybernetics and robotics. When his young son, Lawrence, developed precognitive abilities, Trask embarked on a privately funded anthropological study of the rapidly increasing, worldwide emergence of genetically empowered individuals. He became convinced that these mutants, the first of a newly evolving race, would use their powers to dominate the world and enslave mankind. Trask eventually founded a small group of researchers, led by himself and his now-adult son, to compile evidence that mutants posed a threat to humanity.

"Drawing on his considerable fortune, Trask hired a large team of cyberneticists, roboticists and engineers to realize his designs for the ultimate solution to what he perceived as a global dilemma. ... Training a thought-reading probe on the ape-like X-Man called the Beast, Trask realized that not all mutants would inevitably use their powers to subjugate humanity. Finally grasping the magnitude of the evil he had wrought, the scientist sacrificed his life to destroy Master Mold."

Angel Gender-Bender?
X3 rumor control.

March 17, 2005 - Ain't It Cool News has broken the news about which new mutants will appear in X-Men 3. According to the site, Hank McCoy, a.k.a. Beast, will finally make it into the cast after being cut from X-Men and only having a cameo in X2: X-Men United.

Gambit, that ragin' Cajun in a trenchcoat, is another fan fave that will be in the mix. The third and most shocking revelation was that the winged Angel "will be in the movie. But Angel ... will be a girl," claimed AICN.

IGN FilmForce checked with its super-secret X3 insider who declared that "Angel is male!" We were advised that Angel (a.k.a. Warren Worthington III) will be a "major character" as will Beast.

Beast will be seen in his transformed state and will be played by a different actor than Steve Bacic, who appeared as Hank McCoy in X2.

Overall, our source confirmed the rest of the AICN report as accurate but emphasized that "Gambit is not a major character." While the ragin' Cajun enjoyed a relationship with Rogue in the comics, it's uncertain whether that will be a part of X3 in any way (or how any potential affair will sit with Rogue's current beau, Bobby "Iceman" Drake).

IGN's source also revealed that Cyclops is still in the movie but not as a major character. They would not reveal anything more about his part but did confirm that Matthew Vaughn is indeed on-board to direct.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: X Men 3 news
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »
so why call it x-men if they're not gonna follow the fucking comics?

assholes
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 07:00:08 PM »
some other scooper has said Angel is definitely gonna be a man. Angel is a boring character anyway, maybe changing Angel to a girl will actually make the character more interesting. It's not like we're going to get the 4 Horsemen Angel anyway, so it doesn't really matter what they do with him/her.

on a side note, i hope they go the route with beast that they are with the thing from fantastic four, maybe throw him in a suit or whatever.. but pushing for that may 2006 release date is gonna be hard
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:19:09 PM »
thankz for the news man...i wonder how its gonna turn out?? i hope its better than the 1st, 2nd was iiight tho

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 03:11:13 AM »
cant wait! The first two sucked, so this can't be any better! I'm escited
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Thirteen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »
yeah Angel (the useless character with angel wings) is total waste... he was kinda usefull in the beginning because he was the only member with true flight...but once the series progressed, all those other flying mutants quickly overshadowed him...hence the need to turn him into Archangel

now if they could find the time to switch him into Archangel in the movie, it would be a great little side story (kinda like the intro to nightcrawler) but if not, i don't see why they would waste money and time working such a boring character into the story

unless they made him female and had this hot ass 1/2 naked bitch suited up....then i might forgive them

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 07:26:49 PM »
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16656

looks like Angel is in, Gambit & Beast are rumored, Dark Phoenix isn't going to be the whole story.. only part of it. then the rest of the story is going to be something 'big'.. probably either the sentinels or mr sinister is my guess
- celph titled

- joe budden

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 09:11:10 PM »
Propz for tha info...........

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16656

looks like Angel is in, Gambit & Beast are rumored, Dark Phoenix isn't going to be the whole story.. only part of it. then the rest of the story is going to be something 'big'.. probably either the sentinels or mr sinister is my guess

they said in the article that the sentinels won't be in it... hopefully that will change

saying angel and beast are going to big characters has me thinking on a few possible plots

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 07:36:34 AM »
yeah, they said the sentinels wont be in it, but there arent too many things that could be done in the movies that were in the comics that would be considered 'big'

the way he talks about the first movie about them discovering who they are etc, the second about mutans vs humans, this one makes me think it would be mutants vs mutants.. and if it is that, i really hope they use mr sinister, that would be DOPE. in a way i hope they dont use sinister, same as they dont use venom & carnage for spiderman 3. i really think those characters would need an R18+ rating to make them look good
- celph titled

- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 07:43:22 AM »

lookin forward to this.. i've kinda liked both the movies even though they havent been rated highly

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 07:57:26 AM »
yeah, they said the sentinels wont be in it, but there arent too many things that could be done in the movies that were in the comics that would be considered 'big'

the way he talks about the first movie about them discovering who they are etc, the second about mutans vs humans, this one makes me think it would be mutants vs mutants.. and if it is that, i really hope they use mr sinister, that would be DOPE. in a way i hope they dont use sinister, same as they dont use venom & carnage for spiderman 3. i really think those characters would need an R18+ rating to make them look good

i was thinking of them using mr sinister, or apocalypse, having angel and beast transformed into the more mutated versions of themselves and then a lovely battle.... but i doubt that would happen

....that would be big and the story would involve angel and beast more, like they said it would