Poll

Which do u prefer when it comes to Westcoast artists?

Underground
12 (63.2%)
Commercial
7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Underground vs Commercial?!  (Read 432 times)

Sikotic™

Re:Underground vs Commercial?!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 11:05:04 PM »
I prefer the underground cuz it's real, but to be honest, I get real lazy, especially during school n shit so I'll usually settle for the commercial music til I get free time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 05:33:48 AM »
i'm kinda confused by cats like Dilated bein labeled underground...u could find their last album in the shitty ass music sections of average ass shopping centers

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 01:44:44 PM »
i didnt know we had mainstream westcoast rappers only snoop lol

but anyways the West is the best period i mean im a big screwed up texas fan but shit G-funk over Screw anyday IMO and im from texas so underground west coast shit is my favrite kinda music over anything....

there are tons of artist that i wouldnt define as underground from the west man. Snoop, E-40, Quik, Xzibit, Kurupt, Daz, WC, Mack 10, Knoc, etc. Mostly all of them household names. Shit, even rappers like Crooked, Ras, etc arent really underground IMO.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 01:45:40 PM »
i didnt know we had mainstream westcoast rappers only snoop lol

but anyways the West is the best period i mean im a big screwed up texas fan but shit G-funk over Screw anyday IMO and im from texas so underground west coast shit is my favrite kinda music over anything....

there are tons of artist that i wouldnt define as underground from the west man. Snoop, E-40, Quik, Xzibit, Kurupt, Daz, WC, Mack 10, Knoc, etc. Mostly all of them household names. Shit, even rappers like Crooked, Ras, etc arent really underground IMO.

hector

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 10:55:10 PM »
back in the day mainstream westcoast rap was the best.  but now it usually isn't that good, and I prefer what I would consider underground.

DAYUM

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 11:56:59 PM »
now that i look at it any west coast music is good

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 10:26:18 AM »
I dont make a distinction. If it's hot then it's hot.

He said it...(Truth)
Hatesrats 2000IV

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 09:09:13 PM »
Fuck what is underground in the West, and what's commercial. Most westcoast artist are neither. You have the really commercial, Snoop, Dre, Quik, Xzibit, E-40, Kurupt, Warren G, Ice Cube, WC and then you have the really underground, Crooked I (hasn't even dropped a CD yet, just has a net following), Ras Kass (first album never sold, second has an underground following), Lil' Rob and most Latino rappers, most of the Bay, then you have like a middle ground of not really too commercial, but still commercial rappers like Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Knoc'Turnal, Tha Liks, Shade Sheist, Jayo, in fact I'd put most westcoast acts on this list. Honestly, I voted underground because I like the artist better, but on the west I think it's easier to go from underground to sort of middle ground. It's going commercial that's hard, and right now I'm not feeling the commercial westcoast, and even artist like E-40 and and Warren G put out a tight album, it doesn't sell, almost putting them down to middle ground.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 07:42:24 PM »
i'd say alot more underground, but commercial too.. im open to lots of dif kinds of music i think..

lately i've been bumpin so much Planet Asia, he is fuckin ill