Author Topic: i dont like rap anymore  (Read 1490 times)

teecee

Re:i dont like rap anymore
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2004, 09:27:36 PM »
I have no clue how music makes one feel stupid; as long as you are secure with yourself you shouldnt have any problems man.  I mean, ya, alot of rappers are complete idiots, but who cares.  I dont listen to music to feel smart, i listen to it for fun and enjoyment, and occasionally songs come along that are thought-provoking and emotionally stimulating.

DAYUM

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2004, 09:48:57 PM »
i like whatever i like and anything thats good i dotn care if it were to be country as long as it sounded good but i dont listen to country anyways lol

D-ReK

• Lil Geezy
  • Holla Trick
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 09:50:05 PM »
this is me caring
holla trick

DAYUM

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »
^^ ???

hector

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 10:28:42 PM »
I love rap

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2004, 10:58:39 PM »
I have no clue how music makes one feel stupid; as long as you are secure with yourself you shouldnt have any problems man.  I mean, ya, alot of rappers are complete idiots, but who cares.  I dont listen to music to feel smart, i listen to it for fun and enjoyment, and occasionally songs come along that are thought-provoking and emotionally stimulating.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 11:29:29 PM »
Luke, if you dont like rap thats fine man, time to move on.  Alot of people find as they get older that current music (not just rap) is not suited to their tastes, it happens to most people

As for the profanity and negativity, it is kind of embarassing how rap is so immature.  Its nice to have some Kanye, Talib, and possibly new Mase as alternatives.  You say Kanye and Talib have negative messages, but aside from profanity, i dont see alot of negative messages......and i rarely hear Kanye or Talib talking about violence and drugs on there albums.......peace

Whatever you do, dont take music so seriously, dont let it define you.  When i first started teaching a couple of years ago, i felt like i should probably quit listening to rap, or keep my windows rolled up, etc, and not admit to students or fellow teachers that its my favourite type of music.  Then i realized, if people want to judge me by what i listen to, fuck them.  And i dont take people like SNoop or anyone seriously (NEVER HAVE), i never really am that affected by what a rapper says because really, what do they know that i dont?  

Very much agreed.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2004, 10:17:17 AM »
this is really not the first topic about this so I'ma just quote sumthin that sums it up for me

...i gotta add that i can get tired of shit, too...sum people on this board seem to only listen to shit like the albums in my sig, which to me gets boring after a while too...but then i'll just switch to another style of rap or a different genre and after a while I'ma feel like the shit in my sig again. Basically, I just listen to what i feel and feel like listenin to, without really thinkin about it alot

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2004, 10:41:44 AM »
i've realized this...i really just don't like rap anymore...i barely ever listen to it and when i do i feel dumber after im done...i still like some of the stuff i grew up with and some of the so called "backpack rap" but in general i just hate rap...i hate rap fans as well...not you guys but i mean i just hate the way people argue over the stupidest stuff pertaining to hip hop.

when are you going to leave this board then? hopefully soon?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2004, 10:44:18 AM »

yup. agreed.

being too smart for rap = a square.

u don't let hip hop define you if it's not you....if it is you, you just know it....

ain't no one comparing no one to beethoven, muthafucaz don't even think like that....if you hip hop, you hip hop....RAP is the soundtrack to that life....cats in the suburbs listen to shit and get fascinated by the messages about drugs, violence, struggle, poverty etc. and that fascination dies down as soon as they grow older and wiser, because it's not them...but in urban areas, U actually feel and relate to what rappers be talkin about, cuzz they see what U see, they was where you're at and forever will be because the past will never go away, it will always be there....

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 10:48:43 AM by RODZILLA is BAY AREA Hip Hop »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2004, 12:11:35 PM »
I was about to post the same point as rod.  If you a skinny white kid from the burbs that rocks Abercrombie and has nothing in common with the hip hop lifestyle. That you will MOST  likely turn toa diferent genre. I am not saying I am from the Most gangsta city ever. Actually were I live right now is a trailor park and it is on the good side of the city. But I live in a place where Crack dealers and Heroin addicts are around me everyday. The city I live is actually a suburb of providence but Is still a city with alot of poverty. I'm not proud of it where I live but I still live hip hop everyday even tho i am white and thats why I stick with it and hate to see it die.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2004, 12:22:48 PM »
ain't no one comparing no one to beethoven,
wheres infinite?  ;D

West C. Connected

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »
Abercombie's Hip Hop too now. :'(
Oh you didn't know?

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2004, 12:32:40 PM »
luke i sent you a pm

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »
I was about to post the same point as rod.  If you a skinny white kid from the burbs that rocks Abercrombie and has nothing in common with the hip hop lifestyle. That you will MOST  likely turn toa diferent genre.

Dont stereotype, im what you desicribed. I listen to 80% rap. Yes, i might sit down and rock to some Pink Floyd or the beatles, but i WILL NEVER dislike rap, and i dont listen to commercial "50 cent i killed you and i got a shiny chain" rap.... so dont stereotype..... i see where your coming from, as rap, a lot of the time being about strugle, and my rich white ass never strugles? or cause i dont sell rock, i cant listen to nas?

Abercombie's Hip Hop too now. :'(
Oh you didn't know?
dont be a smartass, kanye rocks abercrombie..... Biotch