Author Topic: Spider Man 2  (Read 321 times)

DAYUM

Re:Spider Man 2
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 11:02:53 PM »
i kinda liked the first game

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Spider Man 2
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 12:04:17 AM »
it's coming out today!!  ;D anybody getting it?  let me know how it is when you do.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 01:58:59 AM »
i'll pick it up but the stores are sometimes iffy here..... sometimes they get a game on release day....sometimes they don't...i'll give my initial review when i get it

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 09:49:32 AM »
i decided to get it.  it's not as great as some magazines were making it out to be but it's still a step up from the other spider-man games.  some of the coolest features in this new game include the ability to sprint... charge up your jumps so that you can actually jump from one skyscraper to another... web swing from buildings and trees rather than invisible stuff in the sky... and a "matrix" button that slows things down.  also the free roaming aspect of the game is pretty cool... for about 30 minutes.  it gets pretty repetitive after a while.  still not a bad idea though and it does add something to the game.  there are a ton of goals in the game and i'm pretty sure there will be rewards for completing these... possibly new costumes and what not.  the biggest flaw is probably the graphics but it's understandable once you get a load of the size of the city.  it's a nice solid game and i'll give it an 8.5/10
<--my future wifey

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 11:13:29 AM »
LOL@this US-Propaganda
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

smerlus

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 11:48:50 AM »
i just picked the game up... so far the gameplay is pretty good and the graphics are ok....swinging, and fighting have been improved....it actually takes a little skill to swing now so once you get going you can start doing fancy things like free falling swan dives off of a skyscraper, into a dual webshot swing, then a huge leap, some wall running and some more swinging...so swinging is more like you'd see in the movies or comic books

the story is provided by cut scenes that use the graphics engine rather than movie scenes or CGI

the free roaming part consists of swinging through the city either stopping current crimes, talking to people to get missions, skill challenges, or three groups of icons that you can collect that i think will unlock something (secret icons, skyscraper icons and hint icons)
defeating baddies gives you hero points which you use to buy more skills and up grade things like swinging speed.

the little side missions are pretty redundant...beat some muggers, beat some muggers and return an item, go into the store and beat some muggers...the only difference i've seen so far is the time i had to bring this broke bitch to a hospital and then the timed variations of the beat up muggers

voices are done by the actors/actresses except for the random civilians, these voices are aweful and pretty much stereo typical...i saved a store clerk and of course he's arabic (bad arabic impersonation) and saved this black lady and of course she had the black, southern drawl "thanks sugah, ya saved mah lahfe"

charge jump is a nice addition and so is "spider time" in spider time everything else is slow and you're able to do more advanced moves then you normally could...i haven't been able to pick up any cars but you can beat enemy cars into submission (no damage shows up on the car unfortunatly)

so far i give the game a 7.5, it might pick up as the story advances

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 02:30:58 PM »
nice review... i agree with everything except for the score, but nice anyway.  i just wanted to suggest that you change the topic so that it says the game.  people might come here thinking this topic is about the movie instead.
<--my future wifey

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 06:15:32 PM »
i might rent this game tomorrow.

my guess is ill just be swinging from buildings and then get bored of it.