Author Topic: Is it just me or does that new Meth and Red show suck??  (Read 358 times)

Doggystylin

Re:Is it just me or does that new Meth and Red show suck??
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 10:46:04 AM »
snoops show was horrible too
lol two posts back to back?  you're really trying to get to 500 posts tonight, huh?
why what happens at 500 posts?,

and yea the theme is highly over done

FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR

Next Friday....

hector

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 05:56:55 PM »
who cares if redman is a funny rapper, how would that make him a funny actor?  Jim Carey is a funny actor, does that mean that he would make a funny rapper?  Beside Pac, MC Eiht, and Cube in a couple of his movies, every other rapper who has acted has sucked major balls.

Jome

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 06:08:48 PM »
 Method Man Frustrated With His TV Sitcom

Method Man says he's unhappy with Fox for squeezing the "ghetto" out of his new sitcom.

"This is frustrating for me, and it's not turning out for me as expected," said the rapper-actor, who is co-star and executive producer of the network's comedy series "Method & Red."

"I'm trying to keep this show ghetto, and there's a way for it to be both ghetto and intelligent," he said. "But it's not going that way."

In the show, Method Man and fellow rapper Redman play two hugely successful hip-hop stars who move into an affluent, predominantly white gated community in the suburbs.

The comedy drew more than 8 million viewers in its debut Wednesday, but that didn't minimize Method Man's dissatisfaction. He told the Los Angeles Times the series has veered from his original vision because some executives or writers tried too hard to appeal to "Middle America" with "lame jokes."

"I know what I wanted this show to be, but there's been too much compromise on our side and not enough on their side," he said. He didn't know the series would have a laugh track, he said, adding, "This show doesn't need it."

Fox executives declined comment to the Times.

While the two stars share top billing, Method Man said they don't have enough control over content. He fears the show could potentially alienate their core hip-hop fans.

"I'm not Hollywood," he said. "In hip-hop, we didn't have to buck our teeth or do anything wrong to get an audience. We weren't trying to please the crowd. The audience came to us, buying our records. If we're allowed to do what we do, the audience will come."

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 06:15:10 PM »
The show is rated PG for Pure Garbage.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 09:21:07 PM »
The show is rated PG for Pure Garbage.
lol  :D at least the honeys in the show are dope.  that's about the only reason why i watch it.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it just me or does that new Meth and Red show suck??
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 11:15:18 PM »
^^ lol ya the girls was the only good thing..... but i didnt watch the 2nd show cuz theres no point to the show.. after seein the first episode that was it.. it wasnt funny.. i agree with tonguetwista lol

azn_h0ney

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 06:53:20 AM »
um. i didnt even know they had a show!!!!!! i saw How High the other night tho........
Redman is fine as fuck.  :-*
BOO... :P

B-Blaze

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »
I like the other guy in the show...i think he's Larenz Tate's brother i'm not too sure....he was in Barbershop ....everything about that guy jus cracks me up.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2004, 10:13:08 PM »
Hmmmm, I watched it tonite, and I thought it was pretty damn good.  I missed the first two episodes, so I don't know about those, but this episode was pretty funny.  It's not as good as How High, but pretty funny for a network TV show.