Author Topic: Man Killed While Cleaning Graffiti  (Read 160 times)

mrtonguetwista

Man Killed While Cleaning Graffiti
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:34:56 AM »
LOS ANGELES -- A man was shot and killed Thursday while removing graffiti from store fronts for an anti-gang organization, police said.

Miguel Rafael Gomez, 35, died in the Boyle Heights neighborhood where he was working for Homeboy Industries, an organization that helps former gang members stay off the streets and contracts with the city to clean graffiti.

Two suspected gang members were being sought in connection with the shooting, said Los Angeles police spokeswoman Sandra Escalante.

Gomez came to the organization to turn his life around after being released from prison, said the Rev. Gregory Boyle, founder of the organization.

"He was a real good kid," Boyle said. "These things are senseless, and it's hard to find reason in it."

Boyle told NBC4's Nerissa Witherspoon that Gomez will be the 126th slain homeboy he's buried since 1988.

Mayor Jim Hahn called the killing a tragedy.

"Young men should not be at risk for their lives while they are participating in an anti-gang program," Hahn said.

Don Seer

Re:Man Killed While Cleaning Graffiti
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 09:13:41 AM »
not that i'm try to defend whoever shot him..

but at no point do they mention it is likely he was removing territorial markings.. to the gang members it just be like crossing out their stuff. if it wasnt clear who he was, and what he was doing its not surprising is it?

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 09:22:57 AM »
how can someone shoot you for cleaning off grafitti :-\

fucking idiots  >:(

michael jackson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUC BEIN THE KING IM THE BOSS OF THE WEB/EAZYE KIP
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 09:26:26 AM »
word,some crazy muthafuccas probelly took it ass a diss. thatss a hisspanic area,on east LA
my haterz only mad cuz they bitch wanna toss her salad everytime she c'z me
adidas aka young roccs (all day i diss all slobz)
clattttttttttttttt clattttttttttttttttttttttt

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Man Killed While Cleaning Graffiti
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 03:30:28 PM »
Wow, that's sad, also pretty ironic.

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 03:40:22 PM »
that sucks

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 05:11:47 PM »
Fuckin clown ass muthafuckas man. He's just doin some service for the community and gets killed for it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 01:29:31 AM »
dats the way it is, it's a HUGE disrespect in the streets, and like overseer said, it was prolly a case of mistaken identity, them cats prolly reacted real quickly and thought it's somebody fuckin wit they shit.......it's a shame. R.I.P to them. this world is comin to a stage where it's just ready 2 explode, whether it's poverty, the raise in bangin, crime, drugs, deaths in our streets or the deaths & chaos caused by george bush and the members of his gang with deaths at a higher stage.....it's mind boggling.   

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 01:59:16 PM »
Fuck gang warfare.
It's so gay and idiotic.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 05:12:52 PM »
It's stupid, but he was taking a chance.  I'm sure he knew he'd be pissing of someone.  No one wants their work taken down, whether it's supposed to be up there or not.

bez

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 05:52:05 PM »
fucked up.  R.I.P!

smerlus

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 05:53:55 PM »
dats the way it is, it's a HUGE disrespect in the streets, and like overseer said, it was prolly a case of mistaken identity, them cats prolly reacted real quickly and thought it's somebody fuckin wit they shit.......it's a shame. R.I.P to them. this world is comin to a stage where it's just ready 2 explode, whether it's poverty, the raise in bangin, crime, drugs, deaths in our streets or the deaths & chaos caused by george bush and the members of his gang with deaths at a higher stage.....it's mind boggling.   

move to the suburbs you don't have to worry about any of that

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 10:21:19 AM »
fucked up.  R.I.P!
It shouldn't be like that.  Gang warfare is just a bunch of assholes who don't have jobs killin' each other.