Author Topic: City of Heroes...  (Read 268 times)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
City of Heroes...
« on: June 25, 2004, 10:11:03 AM »
this game looks pretty hot... too bad my pc is so old.  i wish they'd come out with this on the xbox or something.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/cityofheroes/review.html

« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 10:13:04 AM by -VZA- »
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Throwback

Re:City of Heroes...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »
i dont like games if it has green aliens in it or somethin. unless its HALO.
i want Driv3r or GTA:SA really bad

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:51:36 AM »
i was in the Beta testing for this game and i didn't like it too much, but my friend said he plays it and it's getting better...

my experiences were like this:

the create a character is fun....you can spend hours going through the different costumes and altering colors and things like that, choosing powers isn't as fun because you only start off with two (primary and secondary) another good thing is that they respect copyrights in this game so you won't see any wolverines, spidermen, batmen, DBZ or final fantasy characters running around

when i first logged in to the server, you run a quick tutorial, cops give you missions and alot of them are "run down the block, beat this person, come back" or "run down the block, find this thing, beat people to get it, come back" but that's just the tutorial

when getting to the main city i was in awe of the masses of super heroes standing around...all of various sizes and colors....until i realized that they were talking about Everquest  :-\ There were about 300 people standing around in a brand new video game....talking about fucking Everquest...i wish i could have went Hulk smash on them...but there's no PvP

so then i decided to forget about these assholes and patrol the city...i went on various sky scrapers via fire escapes...under bridges and things like that, dispaching baddies whenever i came across them...it seemed that everyone was to busy to stop and talk, they were all trying to explore the city...i even saved this one guys life on top of a sky scraper and did i get a thanks? nope, he just turned and ran off

so i got a little dissappointed with the whole multiplayer aspect and just did a bunch of things on my own....it was far from the comic book type interaction i thought it would be so when the game came out, i didn't bother getting it

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:44:11 PM »
Aye Smerlus, how do you get into Beta testing for games?  Was it just a focus group call in or do you have to do something special?

-KIDRENEGADE-

Montana00

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 02:55:14 PM »
usually the games websites has a sign up sheet.

and btw, this game doesnt look good at all

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 04:17:19 PM »
hmmm... i guess with a game like this, the people you're playing with can either make or break the game.  you can't really knock the game because of the other people you were playing with though.  that seemed to be your only gripe with it.  i think it would be a blast especially if you can find some down ass people to play it with.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 08:22:41 PM »
It's a fun game when you got buddies that will play it with you. Solo it's pretty boring.

smerlus

Re: City of Heroes...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 08:21:05 PM »
to Beta test games...the easiest thing to do is go to www.gamespot.com and on the left in the colomn it has something about betas....it will tell you all the current open betas and the ones coming up....you just submit your computer info and just wait to get an email if they choose you.... so far i've beta tested Horizons, The Sims Online and City Of Heroes

and my main gripe was about the other people, they're the ones that are supposed to make it interesting... i figure it's like watching a movie where there's one great actor, a great story, and great direction but all the other actors suck ass...it just ruins the whole experience