Author Topic: Schade Alles Ist Vorbei  (Read 318 times)

mauzip

Schade Alles Ist Vorbei
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:35:52 PM »
 ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Schade Alles Ist Vorbei
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 01:37:08 PM »
 ::)

get over '74  >:(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 01:38:20 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 11:39:51 AM »
Congratulations. Our problem was the fucked up match against Latvia. Rudi Völler quit, I hope Ottmar Hitzfeld will get the job and build up a solid German team for the World Championships in Germany in '06.

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 11:41:53 AM »
Congratulations. Our problem was the fucked up match against Latvia. Rudi Völler quit, I hope Ottmar Hitzfeld will get the job and build up a solid German team for the World Championships in Germany in '06.

wake up. you can't build a good team with only germans in it.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 03:32:43 AM »
^ You know that we were three times the World Champion and three times the European Champion? We were the European Champion in '96, it's not that long ago, two Championships ago. We were on rank #2 in the last World Championships. I said that we don't got a good team right now, but don't say that Germans could never have a good team, that's just ridiculous and shows your stupidity. Please don't answer in any soccer-related threads anymore.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 04:55:43 AM »
german team just needs new blood.. lack of new youngsters.. they'll be back..

every team goes through cycles of having aging players hanging around because of their former form.. even though they may be well past their best.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 09:04:01 AM »
^ Yup, that's it 'Seer. If you looked at the matches of the Germans, you would've recognized that the young people were the best players of the German teams: Lahm, Schweinsteiger, "Prinz Poldi" (although he didn't play that much, but he's a talent). And then look at our defense: Wörns, Nowotny, etc. They are two of the oldest players of the German team and did a horrible job (just take the 2:1 from the Czech Republic as an example). Germany will be back if they trust the youth and don't stay with the older players.

Jome

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »
the young people were the best players of the German teams: Lahm, Schweinsteiger, "Prinz Poldi" (although he didn't play that much, but he's a talent). And then look at our defense: Wörns, Nowotny, etc. They are two of the oldest players of the German team and did a horrible job

WTF, Lahm & Schweinsteiger was poor as fuck vs. Czech..
They obviously need experience, they seem promising but they're falling through on a international level.

As a German, tell me why Jeremies wasn't in the team.. ??
And what have Kuyrani done in his previous life to deserve a place in the squad.. ??

Too bad Deisler & Scholl is out, they would make a strong midfield with Ballack & Hamann.. and maybe Jeremies.

N-Sane Brain

Re: Schade Alles Ist Vorbei
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 06:35:09 AM »
^ The match against the Czech Republic seems to be the only game you saw, because Lahm was one of the best German players in the tournament. He always caused some dangerous moments on his side. Schweinsteiger wasn't that good in the game against the Czech Republic, but he also caused some dangerous moments when he came in the match against Holland. Schweinsteiger doesn't have the experience, as you said, because Bayern München didn't come far in the Champions League. But Lahm got international experience with VFB Stuttgart, and he played very well in Portugal.

Jeremies used to be one of my favourite players, but he isn't that good anymore. In his club Bayern München he doesn't play much either, so he haven't played much in the past, that's why he didn't play in the tournament. You don't know it, because you don't watch the German Bundesliga, but Jeremies isn't that good anymore. When he plays he loses most of his duels on the field.

Kuranyi was the top-scorer with VFB Stuttgart. Remember the Champions League of '03? VFB Stuttgart was the best German team. It was a very young team, but they played damn good. And Kuranyi scored the most. After that he came to the German team, and at the beginning he really did very well and scored quite often, but at the moment we have a real problem with our forwards (Kuranyi, Bobic, Klose). We don't have big forwards like Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, or whoever. And that's why the German team didn't do well, because the only one who scores is Ballack, but he can't do everything.

And I agree that we miss Deisler. And Metzelder was also an important player in the last World Championships, but he's injured too.

bez

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 08:13:23 AM »
Germany will bounce back though definitely.  Schweinsteiger looks a good player and if you ask me they need to built a new squad around him.  Well not actually around him but I think they need to start using more attacking players and players that are gunna get them goals.  Bobic, Klose, Kuranyi are all forwards but they ain't really goalscorers, ok they have all had there prime and shit and they have all scored goals but at this level that ain't really goal scorers of Van Nistelrooy, Owen, Henry class. 

Germany need some new forwards, or at least a good partnership.  I think they where playing quite a fucked up formation to be honest.  I don't believe in 4-5-1 or whatever, I think a team should always have 2 players up front because you got the ability for a player to hold up the ball and then pass to his forward team mate.  All I saw from Germany in this tourney was the long ball the header from Kuranyi and that was it, the ball would roll to the opposition.  Kuranyi had nobody to work with, nobody to feed off thats probably why he didn't even get a goal!

Germany's other problem is they sit back and defend too much, ala England against Portugal.  But when England defend we usually have a 1-0 cushion or something but Germany just defend throughout the game because thats their tactics.  That just sucks IMO.  IF you defend in tourneys then your likely to get beat.  I think Germany's squad needs a total overhaul, players like Worns, Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Hamman, Deisler, Lahm, should stay and the rest honestly need to be flushed down the shitter.  Youngsters need to be brought in now and given experience up until Germany 2006,thats there only hope.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 09:42:08 AM »
i would probably have picked Klose ahead of Kuranyi...and i know i picked Kuranyi in my fantasy football team, but i hadnt realised just how terrible he actually was...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 10:28:10 AM »
^ Naw, not Klose. Klose was the number one scorer for goals with the head, just look at the last World Championships. And in the current tournament he had a big chance to score with the head in the last minute of the match against Latvia, and what did he do? He ain't shit.

Jome

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 05:42:24 PM »
^ The match against the Czech Republic seems to be the only game you saw, because Lahm was one of the best German players in the tournament. He always caused some dangerous moments on his side. Schweinsteiger wasn't that good in the game against the Czech Republic, but he also caused some dangerous moments when he came in the match against Holland.

Kuranyi was the top-scorer with VFB Stuttgart. Remember the Champions League of '03? VFB Stuttgart was the best German team. It was a very young team, but they played damn good. And Kuranyi scored the most.

Naww I saw them all, and none of those 3 youngsters impressed, except Schweinsteiger was good in one match..
Lahm seems too much of a featherweight.
Like I said, they're falling through on a international level, 2006 maybe..
Hopefully a goalgetter will fall from the sky until then too.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 06:57:37 PM »
Bring back Beckenbauer and Mueller  ;D
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 03:05:51 AM »
...Naww I saw them all, and none of those 3 youngsters impressed, except Schweinsteiger was good in one match..
Lahm seems too much of a featherweight...

That's incorrect, Lahm was one of the best Germans in the tournament. Even the newspapers, websites, or whatever said that he was good. And that's my opinion too, you can say whatever you want.

...Hopefully a goalgetter will fall from the sky until then too...

Yup.