Author Topic: Remember Nexus?...Still bangin' 'till this day.  (Read 346 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Remember Nexus?...Still bangin' 'till this day.
« on: June 27, 2004, 03:32:12 PM »
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/nexus101music.htm

This convo with J-Steez AKA KonSICKwence AKA Ineffable says evereything:
IneffableLIC: we should put together a comp with like me you Alerg , Ibo, Naz-t
IneffableLIC: whats his name phatmatt stopped M.C.'in
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: Nexus
IneffableLIC: ya nexus
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: he doesnt even like rap anymore
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i released his album
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: back in '02
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: it took him like 4 years to complete
IneffableLIC: ya i remember that it was good stuff
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i pushed him to release it
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i executive produced it
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: but no one was checkin for it
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: same with the wcc comp
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: but that was a little whack
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: cuz we had some whack rappers on wcc
IneffableLIC: it (Nexus' album) was a good albulm when it dropped tho i liked it
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/nexus101music.htm
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: thats nexus
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: his album that i compiled
IneffableLIC: ite
IneffableLIC: nexus was dope it sux he quit
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: yea
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: he doesnt even like rap anymore
IneffableLIC: why?
IneffableLIC: what does he like now?
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: old rock i guess
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: his sn is phattmatt313
IneffableLIC: lol he can like both
IneffableLIC: ya i talked to him the other dya but i had to bounce
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i dunno, he says rap sux nowadays
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: as it does
IneffableLIC: i liek everythign more than jsut rap
IneffableLIC: ya it does but thats rap not hip hop tho he can change the style tho
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i guess, u should tell him that
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: that song
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: "The One"
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: the first single off the compilation
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: that song still bangs to me
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: im listening to it now
IneffableLIC: ya i am lsitening to still goin strong right now
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: im listening to the nexus album now
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i really like it
IneffableLIC: ya me too
IneffableLIC: good emotion
IneffableLIC: dunn shouldnt quit
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i think i put it together well too
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i mixed every track
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: and mastered the sounds...and dubbed what didnt sound good
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: also added effects and shit
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: and compiled the tracklist from about 40 tracks of his
IneffableLIC: dayumn
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: cuz he was rapping for a while
IneffableLIC: ya 40 tracks damn
IneffableLIC: if you had studio monitors this could of turned otu really really well
IneffableLIC: it already is but i mean liek even ebtter sound
IneffableLIC: dope
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: like "Make It Happen"...that was a bullshit track
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: wasnt even meant to be on the album
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: there were plenty of other tracks like that
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: that didnt make the album
IneffableLIC: damn i'd love to catch nexus on my comp dude
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: this album really brings back memories
IneffableLIC: thats my style pure emotional shit
IneffableLIC: ya i remember when it dropped
IneffableLIC: i remember that time period there was a lot of fire comin out of dubcc
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i really feel bad for nexus
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: he deserves more credit
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: and barely anyone checked his shit
IneffableLIC: ya
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i think thats what drived him to quit
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: cuz he was putting it down way before even wcc opened
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: before alerg and everyone
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: but everyone was on alergs nuts
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: and when nexus dropped
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: not that many people checked it
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: and i guess that just pushed him even more to quit
IneffableLIC: word
IneffableLIC: alerg was dope but he wasn't like nexus
DEEEEzzzz NuTz: i like nexus better
IneffableLIC: nex was on his own shit alerg was mroe of a dope emulator who would dorp original stuff once in a while
IneffableLIC: had good meth and canibus deliveries
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 03:33:54 PM by Now_I_Know »

Suga Foot

Re: Remember Nexus?...Still bangin' 'till this day.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
I think this is the best album ever to come out of Edmonton.  lol.  I caught Nexus on AIM a few months back, we only talked for a minute tho.  Nexus and Jay are a good team, too bad they're both MIA.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 08:16:26 PM »
you guys are gonna flip when the MicLordz shit drops...weve recorded half the cd in the past week...it should be done recording within the next couple weeks...although there's been maddd delays it is so close to dropping...we have a track that we wrote about 3 years ago on it which uses the beat from nexus album song called "the one"...it was jaymastajay on the beat...we ain't trying to jack nex or nothin so i'm not trying to start static...also, when we finish this i will begin recording the follow up to the season titled the reaction...which is like 3 years in the making...there will never be a delay like this again for our shit, we've put the recording in our own hands and have eliminated any other parties involved...it'd really be tight to get a hold of Jay to see what he's been putting together lately...i have a couple tracks to a couple of his beats he sent me like what it feels like a decade ago...anyway keep tuned in...shits on...

damn nik does nex have hard feelings toward me or somethin? what's the deal, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:32:19 PM »
Naah, Nexus had nothing to do with that convo, it was me and Ineffable...You know as well as anyone that I'm feeling your shit to the fullest...Nexus is just a personal favorite of mine; that's my homie right there...I've always been down with him, and felt his shit to the fullest...I prefer his style of rap over yours, though I can't say you're not up there...I just think Nexus' first album was really underrated, and overlooked...PeACe

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 09:02:08 AM »
cool, my bad i misunderstood i guess, peace.

JERRY JULIANO

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 09:00:20 AM »
damn, where can i hear this nexus at??? is he down with the hip hop nexus crew?

Definition. The Hip-Hop Compilation IS OUT NOW!!

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 03:20:09 PM »
I didn't quit because no one listened (but lets be honest, hardly anyone did) I quit because I ran out of inspiration, I found that the reason I created 40 tracks and still didn't have an album was because I was never truly happy with the sound I was creating. It had nothing to do with what anyone else thought, that would be terribly immature and childish, also anyone who knows me understands that such things wouldn't influence my decisions in the least. I will say I was frustrated by being completely overlooked, but mostly it was bad timing, as people had recently gotten their fix of internet rap music. I met a lot of great people over the 5 or 6 years I took part in this community or some other variation of it and I'm very grateful for those who have made efforts to continue to contact me when I shut myself off. I know Sccit answered this already but no Alerg, no hard feelings one way or another. I wish you and everyone else here who is serious about making good music the best of luck. This type of community simply no longer suits my musical interests. Those interested can contact me on MSN or AOL, also a website with full details of future musical undertakings will be coming soon.

Matt (Formerly Nexus)

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 03:54:09 PM »
^ :D^

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 07:12:20 PM »
nexus come on dog I am beggin you... your shit was fire i know the feeling of running out of inspiration its like that either you are really a hundred percent inspired and you fee divine and shit or your just completely slumped.. you can't give up tho. its those good times that matter. think about all the peoples lives you have effected positively duke.. you can't walk away from that.  even if your not down with rappin anymore keep up with music your gifted. do you play an instrument now? maybe we could collab on something? I play piano and some guitar. lemme know

IneffableLIC

KonSICKwence

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 10:37:54 PM »
Thanks for the praise,

And yeah I play guitar now and am in the process of writing music, I haven't yet figured out how to use my voice which is far from strong but that is what is planned. If there is any music of mine to come in the future it won't be rap, but yeah I'm definately open to ideas.

Matt

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 10:48:26 AM »
good to see you back, nice name btw...i still have your album burned and i threw it on the other day when sccit brought you up...there were some really nice tracks on there...i know what you mean when you say you aren't happy with what you're making, or feel uninspired, i get the same way, peace.

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 11:30:23 AM »
good to see you back, nice name btw...i still have your album burned and i threw it on the other day when sccit brought you up...there were some really nice tracks on there...i know what you mean when you say you aren't happy with what you're making, or feel uninspired, i get the same way, peace.

word it happens to all of us. were just perfectionists. I find that I almost loe this shit too much that i either spit fire and when I don't i start gettin kinda depressed or mad when I don't but those good times are so blissful you can't stop jsut work harder and take breaks and shit.

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 11:40:44 AM »
Thanks for the praise,

And yeah I play guitar now and am in the process of writing music, I haven't yet figured out how to use my voice which is far from strong but that is what is planned. If there is any music of mine to come in the future it won't be rap, but yeah I'm definately open to ideas.

Matt

maybe you could play some guitar for the comp. and yeah voice is kinda hard but its one of those instruments where you have to beleive you are bomb.. I have also takin up singing. ( lol) I started it to get aanother credit hour at school but aits pretty fun. if you get a good voice teacher who is in tune with you you can definately learn alot of helpful stuff for obtaining better vocal qaulity and strength.  to warm up you can do some vowels "mee" may"
 ma" meay" moo"   you can also do those with zz's or n's or o's or e's  what ever feels best .. and don't strain. if your straining stop. breath from your diaphragm. let your heart lead you not your mind. and jsut practice.. humm up scales .. only go to the fifth if your vocal range isn't high enough and  try to match the pitch without controllin your pitch. just let sound ocme out and iwht practice your mind will understand and build familiarity with the pitch and jsut automatically intertwine wiht it.

oh if you don't know any scales just do c major which is c,d,e,f,g,a,b,c  if you don't know where c starts it is the note right before the two black notes. ( the black notes are flats. in c major only play the white notes. and when you get up to the next two not three but two black note syour up another octave . the notes jsut keep repeating themselve at twice the pitch frequency and hat is there relation ship. and lower it is half of there pitch frequency.  oh and sing falsetto if you have to to get going ( sing like a girl lol)

hope that helps. voic eis fun dog you';; like it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »
damn, where can i hear this nexus at??? is he down with the hip hop nexus crew?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/nexus101music.htm

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 05:47:13 PM »
I didn't quit because no one listened (but lets be honest, hardly anyone did) I quit because I ran out of inspiration, I found that the reason I created 40 tracks and still didn't have an album was because I was never truly happy with the sound I was creating. It had nothing to do with what anyone else thought, that would be terribly immature and childish, also anyone who knows me understands that such things wouldn't influence my decisions in the least. I will say I was frustrated by being completely overlooked, but mostly it was bad timing, as people had recently gotten their fix of internet rap music. I met a lot of great people over the 5 or 6 years I took part in this community or some other variation of it and I'm very grateful for those who have made efforts to continue to contact me when I shut myself off. I know Sccit answered this already but no Alerg, no hard feelings one way or another. I wish you and everyone else here who is serious about making good music the best of luck. This type of community simply no longer suits my musical interests. Those interested can contact me on MSN or AOL, also a website with full details of future musical undertakings will be coming soon.

Matt (Formerly Nexus)

Oh well, I'm sorry about that dawg...I feel where you're coming from, but it's also sad to see a talent give in to the pressure (from "Expectations")...Anyways, what was the last track you recorded? I remember "Hero", "Fill It In", "Were...Still Are", & "Hellbound 2"...Was there anything after that?