Author Topic: Question About A Car Stereo.  (Read 77 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Question About A Car Stereo.
« on: June 27, 2004, 04:24:54 PM »
So here's my problem.  I have a basic tape deck in my car and one night some of the local kids thought it was a good idea to steal the face-plate to it.  So right now it's completly useless.  Now replacing the part thru Pioneer will cost me $80 and I would really rather pay much less than that cause it seems like it's a lot for a goddam face-plate.

Anyone know if there are any other options I have, like where I could get one or someone I could contact?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Question About A Car Stereo.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 04:28:25 PM »
why not put in a head unit? fuck 80 dollars, u can probably find yourself a head unit (cd player) offline for like 50, it wont be top of the line, but it gets the job done....

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »
I'd have to get it installed too, I don't know how to do it.  The cheapest place I've found is $50 (figures are in Canadian currency too).  I know I could get a cheap deck but with installation I'd be paying over $100 so I might as well just order the face-plate for $80 and pop that on.

I would prefer a casette player too, cause with my car adapter I can use my portable CD player and Ipod too.

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 05:02:52 PM »
well, in your case, the tape deck has an advantage, so heres your choices
1) buy the face plate, (look on ebay, might have it a LOT cheaper)
2) buy a new tape deck, and get it installed for u ( too much $)
3) buy a new tape deck, and install it yourself ( seriosuly, i dunno how hard it could be... i installed my head unit in like 35 min, but i had the directions of a web site)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »
Good call on the Ebay suggestion.  I didn't see my model but I e-mailed a few people to see if they have it.
If that fails I think I might take a crack at installing it myself, I'm not that good with cars but I have a lot of free time at work so I might be able to figure it out.
Thanks

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 06:05:38 PM »
A cheaper way to put it in your car instead of having them install it get a adapter. What you do is ask the salesperson for an adapter for your new deck for your particular car. It'll cost about 10$ You rip the old stereo out and match the same color wires on the adapter to your new stereo
. Then you put it back in. It is really self explaintory and simple. You could get a new radio cheap.