Author Topic: You opinions: Jurassic 5  (Read 210 times)

Suga Foot

Re: You opinions: Jurassic 5
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 09:10:09 AM »
I picked up their latest album when it came out.  I liked it, but after seeing them live, I had a whole new respect for them.  They put on one of the best hip hop shows I've seen.

Mygla

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 10:01:21 AM »
Concrete Schoolyard was the shit when it dropped... still is.

J5 is a good group..

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 10:03:01 AM »
i love J5, that's real hip-hop right there, peace.

agreed

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 12:28:19 AM »
um... you can't bump their shit, u can't dance to it, there are no honeys in their videos.. that pretty much explains the whole  process of them not making it big. They're very out of place too. they're like a late 80's group in the new millenium, but they don't have the credibility to sell records like some ol school cats have, simply cuz they're new. Its a little bit too "hip-hop" for me
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 12:31:26 AM »
people dont realize this, but j5 actually sells better than the majority of today's west coast groups, including those with mainstream styles. i know their EP sold almost 400,000 records worldwide and that was supposedly their least successful album they had. not to mention they were up for the source award this year for best single.

OmNIsCiUs

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I give up.There aren't any quotes that'll fit here
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 01:33:19 AM »
people dont realize this, but j5 actually sells better than the majority of today's west coast groups, including those with mainstream styles. i know their EP sold almost 400,000 records worldwide and that was supposedly their least successful album they had. not to mention they were up for the source award this year for best single.

^^ that's pretty impressive... Glad to hear it... I've always liked J5... quite a few people who aren't really into west coast shit feel it  over here which is always good...
."".    ."",
     |  |   /  /
     |  |  /  /
     |  | /  /
     |  |/  ;-._
     }  ` _/  / ;
     |  /` ) /  /
     | /  /_/\_/\
     |/  /      |
     (  ' \ '-  |
      \    `.  /
       |      |