Author Topic: Has Anyone Watched Jeopardy Recently...  (Read 1670 times)

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Has Anyone Watched Jeopardy Recently...
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2004, 09:25:59 AM »
personally i think it's staged...this guy winning has brought jeopardy's ratings up 50%
Nah

Thirteen

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2004, 09:28:28 AM »
come on, the rating were declining, so they decide to totally take out one rule and now a human calculator decides he should go on jeopardy?

too much coincidence for me

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2004, 11:13:20 AM »
Thy obviously changed the rule to attract more viewers incase something like this happens because before you could only win 3 in a row. Now that you can win many more in a row and catch a streak it makes more headlines and ratings. Genius move.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2004, 10:48:23 PM »
Thy obviously changed the rule to attract more viewers incase something like this happens because before you could only win 3 in a row. Now that you can win many more in a row and catch a streak it makes more headlines and ratings. Genius move.

Was it 3?  I thought it was 5 and they sent you off with a car or something to keep you happy.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2004, 12:01:11 PM »
it was 5, and you'd also get to participate in the champion tournament in which the winner receives 1,000,000 dollars, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2004, 12:21:56 PM »
I remember watching old episodes and the dollar values were lower

DAYUM

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2004, 12:26:46 PM »
personally i think it's staged...this guy winning has brought jeopardy's ratings up 50%

thats the same shit im thinking

Trauma-san

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2004, 03:49:40 PM »
Well, I heard from somebody that the guy's deal is he's Mormon.  When he was a kid, he used to eat dinner with his family every night around the table, and they'd all talk about trivia and things they knew and the news, etc... so the guy's like a walking encyclopedia from his childhood, because his parents taught him @ the dinner table to be inquisitive and never stop learning.  Interesting. 

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2004, 06:19:18 PM »
Well, I heard from somebody that the guy's deal is he's Mormon.  When he was a kid, he used to eat dinner with his family every night around the table, and they'd all talk about trivia and things they knew and the news, etc... so the guy's like a walking encyclopedia from his childhood, because his parents taught him @ the dinner table to be inquisitive and never stop learning.  Interesting. 

Interesting story.  But even if he has been reading encyclopedias and stuff since he was young, the guy must have crazy memory to be able to store all that stuff.  Then there's also stuff that he answers that's more recent, I think he was answering questions about some awards show.

Trauma-san

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2004, 06:37:48 PM »
^ Yeah; but my point is, his parents as a child taught him to read and talk with people about tons of different things, in many different subjects, so of course he grew up with that kind of an attitude, and has been studying things his whole life, because of how his parents treated him @ the dinner table.  Not every parent sits down with their kid every evening and talks to him about the world. 

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2004, 12:34:40 AM »
^ Yeah; but my point is, his parents as a child taught him to read and talk with people about tons of different things, in many different subjects, so of course he grew up with that kind of an attitude, and has been studying things his whole life, because of how his parents treated him @ the dinner table.  Not every parent sits down with their kid every evening and talks to him about the world. 

yea.....its sad :(

-KIDRENEGADE-

ecrazy

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2004, 01:43:11 AM »
man, if i went on jeapordy last wednesday, i would have won $12,000 - man, thats how much it was for every question i knew on there, and one of them was a daily double, and i would have doubled it, so maybe i might have $22,000 if i were playing that day, but i would have risked all my money on the final question and get it wrong, then i would leave with nothing and he would win....oh well....i was just thinkin of that....im bored...sorry 4 wasting your time