Author Topic: MATH  (Read 354 times)

CrAzY_gIrL

• Lil Geezy
  • Fuk_luv_4_real
MATH
« on: July 01, 2004, 12:25:02 AM »
Is anyone here good at math? I'm taking a math class at the moment and i'm struggling. I will hire a personal tutor to come to my pad and tutor me.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: MATH
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 03:16:40 AM »
Is anyone here good at math? I'm taking a math class at the moment and i'm struggling. I will hire a personal tutor to come to my pad and tutor me.
wat kind of math?

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 01:38:09 PM »
I just finished my juinor year of high school so my knowledge of math only goes through 'pre-calculus' and I barley passed that class with a 72%.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 02:23:59 PM »
Good luck, I doubt there's that many people on this board that live near you, much less know shit about math.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 02:25:06 PM »
i like math, i used to be crazy at it, but im just a lazy pot head now

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 02:44:36 PM »
i'm good at math... i'm all the way through college level calcus and the only math course i ever struggled in was statistics.  i wound up getting a b in the class.  i don't know where you live but if it's too far, i'd be willing to help you over the net somehow if that's possible.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 04:22:31 PM »
People change and evolve... well... sort of  :-\

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 07:26:28 PM »
Good luck, I doubt there's that many people on this board that live near you, much less know shit about math.
i live like basicly rite next to her

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 01:23:10 PM »
i live like basicly rite next to her
Then tutor her.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 04:31:05 PM »

lol me too.. but im not lazy

CrAzY_gIrL

• Lil Geezy
  • Fuk_luv_4_real
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 02:33:04 AM »
wat kind of math?
Algebra. I'm struggling with the word problems 4 now and I'm only in Chapter 2.

Shit like this:

Torrance split an inheritance between two investments, one paying 7% and the other paying 10%. He invested twice as much at 10% as at 7%. The combined annual income from two investments was $4050. How much did Torrance inherit?

or this:

A man invests some money at 5% per year and some at 8% per year. If the amount invested at 8% is three times that at 5% and his total annual income is $580, find the two investments.

Damn if it's not enuff that I hate percentages and shit like that. Now I hate word problems too. And I still need to take 2 more harder math classes after this one. If I don't understand this shit how in da fuck am i gonna take the other 2 math classes. ???

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 10:58:33 AM »
Torrance split an inheritance between two investments, one paying 7% and the other paying 10%. He invested twice as much at 10% as at 7%. The combined annual income from two investments was $4050. How much did Torrance inherit?
i'll help with the first one and then see if you can do the other one on your own... i'll just break it down into steps so you can see how i came up with the answer...
(1)  understand what you are looking for.
(2)  assign variables and understand what those variables stand for.  we'll use x and y say that x stands for an amount of money and y stands for the amount of money inherited.
y=inheritance
x=the inheritance that was split up
(3)  set up equations...
the inheritance was split up two ways... one investment was twice as much as the other...
y=2x+x  -->  y=3x
Torrance split an inheritance between two investments, one paying 7% and the other paying 10%. He invested twice as much at 10% as at 7%.  The combined annual income from two investments was $4050...
2(.1x)+.07x=4050
(4)  solve the equations...
2(.1x)+.07x=4050  ... multiply the 2 and the .1 x
.2x+.07x=4050 ... add the two x's together
.27x=4050 ... divide both sides of the equation by .27
x=15000 ... now go back and plug x into the first equation
y=3(15000) ... mutiply
y=45000
the teacher might want you to write the answer out in a complete sentence or something...
Torance inherited $45,000.
(5)  reread the problem and make sure you answered the question
(6)  check your answer
<--my future wifey

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 07:25:11 PM »
wat kind of math?
Algebra. I'm struggling with the word problems 4 now and I'm only in Chapter 2.

Shit like this:

or this:

A man invests some money at 5% per year and some at 8% per year. If the amount invested at 8% is three times that at 5% and his total annual income is $580, find the two investments.

Damn if it's not enuff that I hate percentages and shit like that. Now I hate word problems too. And I still need to take 2 more harder math classes after this one. If I don't understand this shit how in da fuck am i gonna take the other 2 math classes. ???
Is the interest compunded annually, continuasly, daily, monthly?  How is it compounded?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 07:36:09 PM by GoodLuvn169 »

mauzip

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 07:34:44 PM »
i'll help with the first one and then see if you can do the other one on your own... i'll just break it down into steps so you can see how i came up with the answer...
(1)  understand what you are looking for.
(2)  assign variables and understand what those variables stand for.  we'll use x and y say that x stands for an amount of money and y stands for the amount of money inherited.
y=inheritance
x=the inheritance that was split up
(3)  set up equations...
the inheritance was split up two ways... one investment was twice as much as the other...
y=2x+x  -->  y=3x
Torrance split an inheritance between two investments, one paying 7% and the other paying 10%. He invested twice as much at 10% as at 7%.  The combined annual income from two investments was $4050...
2(.1x)+.07x=4050
(4)  solve the equations...
2(.1x)+.07x=4050  ... multiply the 2 and the .1 x
.2x+.07x=4050 ... add the two x's together
.27x=4050 ... divide both sides of the equation by .27
x=15000 ... now go back and plug x into the first equation
y=3(15000) ... mutiply
y=45000
the teacher might want you to write the answer out in a complete sentence or something...
Torance inherited $45,000.
(5)  reread the problem and make sure you answered the question
(6)  check your answer

OMG! I can't believe you're doing that in your free time! :o

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 08:14:04 PM »
OMG! I can't believe you're doing that in your free time!  :o
i actually like math and i like doing weird stuff in my free time.  some stuff includes drawing, reading scientific books, and playing video games.  i also like to help others out when i can.  people always thought i was going to grow up to be a math teacher back when i was in high school.
<--my future wifey