Author Topic: Poll: over 40% of Canadian teens think America is "evil"  (Read 633 times)

Woodrow

Re: Poll: over 40% of Canadian teens think America is "evil"
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2004, 11:10:49 PM »
HAHAH I just found it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/17/national/main563855.shtml

You can peep it on the right hand column! Thats not the same area where I got attacked, but it's the same type of bird!

Eugene - 
It has been a crazy scene in Downtown Eugene.  A stream of attacks has people running, waving their hands and dodging out of the way.  Pedestrians are being attacked in broad daylight, seemingly out of nowhere.  "It was awful," says one woman.

Innocent victims rarely see it coming.  "It scares you, it sort of just drops out of the sky," says a woman who's been hit.

It has been happening for more than a month.  Brewers Blackbirds are protecting the territory around their nests.  The birds' encounters with passersby have become street theater.  "They'll come down there 3 or 4 at a time and some lady will walk by and just get hammered by them," says a witness.

A front office window provides a prime viewing spot for the day long show.  "We have some people that really get a kick out of watching people get harried by the birds," says Brian Jacobson from inside the office of Jacqua & Wheatly, P.C.

There is no predicting who will get hit, but some pedestrians seem to draw prolonged attacks.  The regulars here come prepared with whatever will keep the dive bombing birds from hitting their target, choosing to open umbrellas, wave papers or turn 360 degrees while watching the sky.

The experienced have conceded the entire sidewalk, choosing the safe side of the street out of the free fire zone.  Everyone else is either on the run, armed with protection or a potential victim.

Don't say you have not been warned.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2004, 11:23:29 PM »
LOL ^ Was it a pigeon?

In bird related news, my friends were forced to burn some pigeons that had ammassed on his balcony. I disagreed with his eviction methods. Walking towards the lobby, i see a pigeon lying on a side walk with its brains spilt and my friend waving from the balcony.

They're everywhere.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2004, 11:33:19 PM »
Canada is bomb. I love that place with all my heart.

aaaw, that's love.  All I can say to you is watch out for the birds.

*I saw a story on the news about birds that attack people in Eugene, OR.

Oh shit!!??

Where at?!

I've been going to class everyday, and this bird has been swooping in on me and acting REALLY agressive. It was right next to this Starbucks and a police substation. I wonder if it's the same one?! I've talked to some of my friends and they've had the same shit happen to them and this one girl said the bird took a piece of her hair!

Yeah I think they said it was by a police station. 

HAHAHH! Crazy! Was it in the paper? Or on the news? What Station? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just think it's funny that something I was involved in and as small as that made international news!

I saw it on the Seattle news a few days ago.

eS El Duque

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »
Canada is bomb. I love that place with all my heart.

aaaw, that's love.  All I can say to you is watch out for the birds.

*I saw a story on the news about birds that attack people in Eugene, OR.

Oh shit!!??

Where at?!

I've been going to class everyday, and this bird has been swooping in on me and acting REALLY agressive. It was right next to this Starbucks and a police substation. I wonder if it's the same one?! I've talked to some of my friends and they've had the same shit happen to them and this one girl said the bird took a piece of her hair!

Yeah I think they said it was by a police station. 

HAHAHH! Crazy! Was it in the paper? Or on the news? What Station? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just think it's funny that something I was involved in and as small as that made international news!

I saw it on the Seattle news a few days ago.

lol same