Author Topic: Shaq to Miami for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, & A First Round Pick...  (Read 1730 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Miami GM destoryed the whole future dynasty of the Heat. Oh well.

Payton=Payton
Kobe=Kobe
Odom >> George
Butler >> Slava
Grant <<<< Shaq
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 08:12:20 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
look what being selfish can do a team.  Instead of winning 5-7 championships and being the best laker dynasty in history, they settled with only 3.  It was over too quick.   >:(   If only Jerry West was still the GM....things would have been much much different.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
^^What rumor? Payton already re-signed with the Lakers...

ll, i got a question for you..and other lakers fan....arn't you a little pissed off (or sad  ) that shaq is going? i mean he was one of the BIG reasons you guys won 3 straight. I know i'd  be pissed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1838214

:'(

As for Shaq, I mean, he was my favorite player. I remember watching Orlando back in the day, and wishing Shaq would come to L.A. I remember back in 1994, i was like, Shaq is a free agent soon, and the Lakers could sign him. No one believed Shaq would sign with the Lakers because everything in Orlando was going well. Though back then, there was reports of a Shaq/Penny rivalry for control of the team. Not even a fraction as bad as Shaq/Kobe, but the team was divided. Shaq did say he wanted to stay in Orlando, it wasn't until the fans said that Shaq wasn't worth the $107m that Orlando was offering, and the Lakers traded all but 5 people away to get way under cap, and afford the $120m contract to get Shaq, making me the happiest person around. Honestly, I was hoping they traded Kobe back in the day because I though Eddie Jones was the best bet for 2 guard, I was wrong, but I was a full Shaq lead Lakers person. As time went on, Kobe came to grow on me, and after this season, Shaq promised to come to the season in shape, which was not the case, and He started demanding a cap cripling extention, and when Kobe was in trail, he stated the whole team is here. I mean, Kobe is facing life in prision, and Shaq was trash talking his teammate. I didn't want Shaq to be traded, because traded Shaq ends the string of titles we were collecting, but I don't see Shaq and Kobe getting along for any longer period of time, and so you have to rebuild with youth. I really doubt Kobe is going to the Clippers, and Shaq is not getting any better. He'll have a great first season with Miami, maybe an MVP season because he has something to prove, but that's about it. Wouldn't a Lakers/Miami finals be strange. Imagion the ratings... lol. I'm calling it now, Stern knows that would get huge ratings, expect strange calls in favor of the Heat and Lakers to get these teams in the finals. Still, it's a sad day in L.A. The MDE is gone... and I understand why, but I will miss having the Big Man in there. First Magic catches HIV, Van Exle pushes a ref, Eddie is traded, Rodman is who knows where, Chick passes and now Shaq is traded in a very strange way. Things in Lakerville have never been stable.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here's another viewpoint, which is not too far from reality and is also formulated very nice :D :

Because even Kobe, stubbornly confident as he is, has to know that Brian Grant can't pretend to play center in the West like he can in the East. He also has to know that Lamar Odom can't masquerade as a power forward in the West as easily as he did in the East. The Lakers, once they do this deal, would basically have three threes (Lamar, Butler, Devean George) and two undersized fours (Grant and Luke Walton) and Gary Payton to run the point ... along with Kobe to lead them, assuming he still doesn't elect to bolt to the Clippers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1837825
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
yeah this is definetely a stupid trade for Miami, unless theyre planning on making oither moves also. Which, they probably dont have the money for now anyways lol. The Lakers got the better deal in this shit, especially considering Shaq doesnt WANT to be there anyways. Why have an unmotivated player playing for u all year? Its kinda wierd seeing LA with no center tho in their starting lineup tho lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Exactly. Lakers didnt need "another" Shaq. I mean another dominant player in the C. They needed good defenders and rebounders. If they resign Malone, they are a good playoffs team built around the best player in the league.

theyre building around the best player in the league?? Theyre gonna trade Kobe for Duncan or Garnett??

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck Jerry Buss...thats all i gotta say.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!

fuck buss? for what?  ???   i think us laker fans needs to stop crying and whining about all this shit and just look forward to the next season...its gonna be a new start...im lookin forward to it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!

fuck buss? for what?  ???   i think us laker fans needs to stop crying and whining about all this shit and just look forward to the next season...its gonna be a new start...im lookin forward to it.

Buss got on his knees to Kobe, but not for Shaq.  Both made a major contribution to the great 3peat. 
Stop crying?  Do you fucking realize that if you take Kobe out of the lakers....and you compare the Lakers with the Clippers....the Clippers have a better team. The clippers!  How the fuck does that happen.  Its a fucking shame.  Last time a player like shaq was traded was back when the bucks traded kareem for 3 solid players.  West gone, Phil gone, Shaq gone.  yea i cant wait for next season.  MOney issue is already fucked till 2007. 

Doggystylin

lakers dont like their headed for a good season next year unless they make some more trades.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
i think one thing that everybody is forgetting is that miami can still trade shaq away if they want.  shaq is one hot commodity right now and they can get two good/great players for him.  they have time to see how well the team gels in the beginning of next season and then they have the option to make changes later on.

as for the lakers... i think it was an ok deal.  i think the best thing is that they're getting a first round draft picks next season.  the draft was trash this year but with two picks in this next one, they could really come up.  also, don't sleep on odom... he may not be able to do so well against the likes of a garnett or a duncan but he can hold his own.  i definitely think he'll put up better numbers than malone did last year.  plus, rudy t... he has an uncanny talent for making things work.  lakers will have a great number of players that are willing to hustle and run the floor better than almost any other team.  watch out!
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Exactly. Lakers didnt need "another" Shaq. I mean another dominant player in the C. They needed good defenders and rebounders. If they resign Malone, they are a good playoffs team built around the best player in the league.

theyre building around the best player in the league?? Theyre gonna trade Kobe for Duncan or Garnett??

LMAO...I'd like to see Duncan or Garnett even playing with a rape trial under them... ::)

eS El Duque

LMAO...I'd like to see Duncan or Garnett even playing with a rape trial under them... ::)

how about with a shitty team? Garnett has proved he is the best or one of the best players in the NBA for about 4-5 seasons now? Last year he got help. Garnett has alwyas been up there in Points/Rebounds/Assists/blocks, top 5 or higher. I don't watch duncun play, but in fantasy leagues..Garnett/Duncun always ranked 1-2

Kobe's always had shaq to help him out. NOW, we'll see what he does without. (yea yea..i know about him scoring 40 more points in like 10 games in a ow or somthin without shaq...lets see a whole season  :P ;D)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kobe had to split his game with Shaq...Shaq doesn't help him out...Kobe has proven he's a better player when Shaq's not around, and you all will see....What do you think would have happened if you put Garnett or Duncan on the Lakers in 2000, 2001, 2002 instead of Kobe...You think they would have not been second to Shaq? It's hard to be looked at as the greatest when everyone says "Oh, it's only because you have Shaq!"...Just wait and see.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Kobe had to split his game with Shaq...Shaq doesn't help him out...Kobe has proven he's a better player when Shaq's not around, and you all will see....What do you think would have happened if you put Garnett or Duncan on the Lakers in 2000, 2001, 2002 instead of Kobe...You think they would have not been second to Shaq? It's hard to be looked at as the greatest when everyone says "Oh, it's only because you have Shaq!"...Just wait and see.

you right, Duncan and Garnett probably wouldnt rape anybody, so u made a good point. Its hard focusing on basketball after u rape somebody lol

And yah, Shaq makes Kobe better. Like i said, if u know basketball...u know this. Kobe's game doesnt set up Shaqs, its the other way around. Shaq draws the double/tripple teams. Kobe is usually being played strait up unless he catches fire. And even then, they run people at him...try to keep him from penetrating, not necessarily double him. Plus, when Shaq is double teamed more then likely he passes out of it...to open perimeter players (like Kobe). When Kobe gets double teamed...he tries to score against 2 people, rather then getting it to an open teammate. For most of the league...Shaq one on one is a mismatch. If Kobe got double teamed...passed the ball, and the ball got swung into the post to Shaq in a one on one situation where he could probably be pretty low in the post...it would lead to a score most of the time. But naw, Kobe likes the spotlight...not the team game. I honestly hope there is no chance of him coming to the Spurs, and im pretty sure there isnt now. He would have completely fucked up the chemistry.