Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16589 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2004, 10:23:03 PM »
Nice info to know, and it's a shame so much music is locked up, but it's really pointless if you think about. I myself just enjoy the music that's out. Also, hopefully this has changed a few people's opinion on Suge. He didn't make Deathrow, and he wasn't any kind of a "genius".

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2004, 01:13:06 AM »
why do you feel offended? i didn't even mean you :-\

Nah I wasnt offended, I thought u were kidding about the 9 days thing though, coz its pretty well known it was done in 3, and completed as a product in 7 days...

Sven, wtf did u originally say? lol Why would u defame him

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2004, 03:01:59 AM »
colecovizion, without naming names, I was told they had a deadline to that album that was a matter of hours, which is partly why not the regular people were involved, ??? was called on the Saturday and told "We need you in LA on Monday at the latest to record this song for the new 2Pac album" ??? said they couldnt make it until LATE in the week. They said that it couldnt be that late, so ??? had to drop all plans and Death Row braught them back to LA to record the song.

I was told a few more things that I really shouldnt post.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2004, 04:52:35 AM »
There some interesting facts colecovizion..I would have been nice to have the OG version of Friends on it-I really like the chorus to that song-the way Tupac sings it-The Deadline was a matter of hours?They must have decided to record it the week before or something

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2004, 05:41:33 AM »
Question for you Death Row heads:

Who created the name "Death Row Records"?

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2004, 06:35:33 AM »
I dont have a clue.. I would have thought Suge or Dre..?

chilltime

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2004, 07:28:49 AM »
The D.O.C.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2004, 08:41:05 AM »
Question for you Death Row heads:

Who created the name "Death Row Records"?

DJ Slip
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2004, 09:00:21 AM »
I dont have a clue.. I would have thought Suge or Dre..?
they got it from some1 else.they had another name but i 4got it...

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2004, 09:29:55 AM »
Crooked Mexican is right, DJ Slip from Comptons Most Wanted (now IV Life Records). . .

Dj Slip was one of the original staff producers for the label. It was Slip, Dr. Dre, DJ Unkown, Rhythm D and Chris "The Glove" Taylor. It was originally going to be "Def Row" i.e. "Def Jam". Unknown went and copywrote the name Slip created and sold it to Suge and Dre for $5000. You can check the info for yourself and see that there is a trademark on both Def Row and Death Row.

Back in the day, there used to be a bunch of groups signed to Death Row. Emmage was one of them. Also The Convicts (Big Mike and Lord 3-2) were going to be one of the first ones with a release, but they went back to Rap-A-Lot. Emmage were featured on Comptons Most Wanted's 1992 release 'Music To Driveby' track 15 'U'z A Bitch', you can take a look in the credits & you'l see Emmage appears courtesy of DEATH ROW RECORDS.

I speak to Slip daily, now this was never publicated. But the complete truth. . .

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2004, 10:16:22 AM »
Crooked Mexican is right, DJ Slip from Comptons Most Wanted (now IV Life Records). . .

Dj Slip was one of the original staff producers for the label. It was Slip, Dr. Dre, DJ Unkown, Rhythm D and Chris "The Glove" Taylor. It was originally going to be "Def Row" i.e. "Def Jam". Unknown went and copywrote the name Slip created and sold it to Suge and Dre for $5000. You can check the info for yourself and see that there is a trademark on both Def Row and Death Row.

Back in the day, there used to be a bunch of groups signed to Death Row. Emmage was one of them. Also The Convicts (Big Mike and Lord 3-2) were going to be one of the first ones with a release, but they went back to Rap-A-Lot. Emmage were featured on Comptons Most Wanted's 1992 release 'Music To Driveby' track 15 'U'z A Bitch', you can take a look in the credits & you'l see Emmage appears courtesy of DEATH ROW RECORDS.

I speak to Slip daily, now this was never publicated. But the complete truth. . .

wheres  my prize? :)

hook it up with the full version of Gd up and Banged out!
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2004, 10:26:30 AM »
You got the info from my old Death Row site back in 2000 ;)

G3ne

• 'G'
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »
colecovizion, without naming names, I was told they had a deadline to that album that was a matter of hours, which is partly why not the regular people were involved, ??? was called on the Saturday and told "We need you in LA on Monday at the latest to record this song for the new 2Pac album" ??? said they couldnt make it until LATE in the week. They said that it couldnt be that late, so ??? had to drop all plans and Death Row braught them back to LA to record the song.

I was told a few more things that I really shouldnt post.

Why do you think you shouldnt post these things? I don't understand why it should be top secret that the album was produced und mixed within 7 days, I think many people already heard of this as a rumour. But thx again Que, very nice topic

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2004, 11:49:40 AM »
G3ne I havent posted what I was told, and I was told it and asked to not repeat it. . .

Don Seer

« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2004, 12:08:15 PM »
another question....

what other two names were considered for death row ?

clue... one fell foul of legal issues, the other i'm not sure what happened..