Author Topic: I'm really fucking into Kanye West!  (Read 409 times)

We Fly High

Re: I'm really fucking into Kanye West!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 11:06:01 PM »
. His a B+ producer, in a time with D- performers, which makes him seem like an A+ to most. But that's a good thing, since his working with the right people.

you got a good point there.

eS El Duque

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 11:10:08 PM »
If he was still underground, just doing beats like Get By for Talib, and This Way for Dilated Peoples, the same people saying overrated would say underrated underground genious.

nope

phoneix66

• 'G'
  • "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2004, 07:26:34 AM »
Hes a dope producer and mc with a dope album. Simple as that.
The Legendary Roots Crew
http://www.theroots.com

teecee

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 10:45:45 AM »
Kanye dropped one of the best albums in awhile; now,. he is doing way too much and his shit is lacking a little....

However, its bullshit when people say he cant rap or whatever, cuz he's actually quite good, but in a different way.  On his album, he talks about topics that people can mostly relate too, which is something that few rappers do.  Sure, he isnt the most lyrical, but he often brings a message, and he gets it across easier with a simple flow and lyrics.....

I think he's dope, it was so nice to hear an entire album with all songs produced by the same dude, it takes me back to the old days

Sure kanye's overdoing it right now, and yeah, he's way too conceded, but i still think he will drop a great sophomore album.  And besides, he gets people to listen to artists like Common, Talib, Twista, etc

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 02:04:08 PM »
kanye west = overrated

that album is good but not classic 
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 04:01:46 PM »
If he was still underground, just doing beats like Get By for Talib, and This Way for Dilated Peoples, the same people saying overrated would say underrated underground genious.

nope

LOL... this is a producer that likes working with Talib, Twist, Common, Mos Def and Dilated Peoples, real hip-hop artist. You're telling me that if he gave them hits, you wouldn't say he was an underground genious. That speed up sample he does is what old school producers used to do back in the day. That's straight old school producing. Only he gives old school production a more up date, radio friendly sound. Now you are to tell me, that a producer who has an old school style that sounds tight, and works with true hip-hop artist, your still telling me that man is overrate. So D.J. Premer is overrate, since people consider him a legend, that the highest honor, his overrated. How is Kanye not a good producer, just because his over exposed, fuck that, He makes hits, that his job. As long as I get to see Dilated Peoples, and Talib Kweli on MTV, I'm a happy man, and songs like Jesus Walks are released, and All Falls Down, both not using the speed up sample, but another style, showing his diversity. No one is calling him the next Dre, the next Premo, but he said his the next Pete Rock, and I agree. He that type of producer like Pete Rock. 10 years from now, he'll still be producing hits for upcoming artist, and he respects the game. What more can you ask of him. His not the greatest, but no one calls him that. His a good producer putting the right people in the mainstream. There is nothing more you can ask of him.

eS El Duque

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 06:18:13 PM »

nope

LOL... this is a producer that likes working with Talib, Twist, Common, Mos Def and Dilated Peoples, real hip-hop artist. You're telling me that if he gave them hits, you wouldn't say he was an underground genious.

OK listen...

1) I didn't call him a bad producer
2) i didn't call him a bad rapper
3) All I said  was he's over-rated(like people saying he's the greatest bla bla)..but his album is good
4) I love Jesus Walks and get em high...they're my fav from his albums..and some of his other productions aswell
5) I never thought of him as 'underground' before he broke through with his album
6) When I said 'nope'..i was just answering you're question..my opinion..
7) Done

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 08:54:58 PM »
Its dont think its classic..not right now anyways, i really liked/enjoyed the album, however, the amount of hype he gets, is deserved because hes a breath of fresh air in hip hop...thats my 2 cents n e ways :)
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2004, 09:14:42 AM »
I think Kanye's great. He deserves to be on top right now. There's no denying that MTV and other pop culture sources overglorify him and his accomplishment, they do - but he's still a great producer. And, what's more, the stuff he works on isn't what fills the airwaves right now - the ooh-I-love-you-let's-get-crunk-and-have-a-party-at-the-club-and-sip-henny-from-iced-out-pimp-cups -type of "hits". He's brought something fresh to the mainstream. Not many dudes do that. He's not the greatest, but he does what he does really well and in his own way.

And his album still bumps in my system. Don't know if his album still bumps in my system over 10 years after its release like The Chronic does, but right now he's one of the best things mainstream Hip-Hop has to offer.

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2004, 03:41:16 PM »
anyone who thinks he btrings a new style to tha game i fuckin craxy, the style has bbeen used since late 80¨´s suckas

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
anyone who thinks he btrings a new style to tha game i fuckin craxy, the style has bbeen used since late 80¨´s suckas

Right. The laste 80s sounded like 04.

::)